Forgotten Title BL Highschool Life

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by raym1821, Dec 23, 2021.

1. raym1821

raym1821 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for this particular chinese BL novel that was really good and I read them like last year. So, yeah, unfortunately I forgot to bookmarked them.

The novel itself is full of struggle, angst, and yes with the tag drama. It starts off with the MC transferred from a key-highschool to a normal school because he needs to moved to another place since he lost both his parents and now he lives with his grandma. I forgot some details, but I think because of his parents accidental death, MC got a trauma.

Anyway, there MC met the ML who is known to be a school boss/gangster there. Because ML keeps skipping class, sometimes likes to fight, has bad grades, and surrounded by kinda bad students. Their first encounter actually MC helping ML after fighting, if I'm not mistaken where ML was injured. At first, MC doesn't care about ML who is his tablemate. But then he met with ML's cute little sister when he's about to buy some supplies. Turns out ML only lives with his little sister by makin money from having a shop and also ML doing business online, like writing reviews, homeworks, etc. So everyday ML spent his time to earn money for living, and for his mother medical bills who needs to live in hospital and barely awake. Initially ML is very smart, the top student, number 1 student in the first year of highschool. But then his mother had an accident so ML had to prioritize earning money and literally have no time for school.

After knowing that, MC kinda became friends with ML and his two little brother (?). The four of them hangout together sometimes and also the relationship between MC and ML got closer. At one time, MC was very scared because his trauma got triggered and ML happened to be there and helped MC trying to calm down. Then things happen until MC and ML finally got together, although it's still quite ambiguous.

But then ML's life just got harder. The class teacher is very kind and trying to persuade ML to get a one year leave and come back after that because he knows ML's situation. But ML refused because he now wants to go to school so he can study together in class with MC, but becoming harder to earn money. After a period getting together, MC knows ML's thoughts. At that time, ML's mother's situation got worser too. So MC decided to break up with ML, not wanting to hinder ML.
    (NGL, this one is very sad, I'm crying hard.)

Deep down ML is very sad. After that break up, ML decided to follow his class teacher's suggestion. He left school for a year to earn more money. At the same time, MC transferred to another key-highschool so he has a higher chance to get into a famous university. They both deal with each of their lives calmly (but yea I know they are not happy). At some point ML's mother died. I think he is very sad but at the same time he is exhausted and relieved. His life got better because he no longer need to pay for the medical bills. He also started to study very hard, to catch up and enter MC's dream university. Although they did not keep in touch for a long time, ML still wants to get back with MC.
    (omg, just recalling this scene makes me want to cry. They truly loved each other. This is very painful)

ML now diligently going to class and climbing the ranking, while MC at another school also scored the first place and I think now he's more or less guaranteed to enter the top university. During that time, MC really wants to contact ML but thinks he will disturbed ML. If I'm not mistaken, at this time ML takes the lead. ML visits MC before exams (?). They reunited and ML sleeps in the house for a night. MC's grandma also knows about their relationship by the way. She accepted it but hoped at least MC keeps a low-profile since the homosexuality public acceptance wasn't that high.

Timeskip. ML and MC found out that they both got into the same university and scored very high. They also got together again. (I'm happy for them). The four people (MC, ML, and two other friends before) having some bonding time together and the two friends finally know MC and ML relationship, they support them. This is practically the ending. They went to the same university, each become like the school grass. Well I mean they both are handsome and very smart. Little did they know, MC and ML are a pair. I don't think they both live together because MC lives with his grandma and ML lives with his cute little sister. But maybe ML bought or rent a place near MC's.

Although it is a happy ending, undeniably it was a very roller-coaster ride full of sadness and a tinge of comedy. I feel like I'm being tortured when reading this, but it is such a wonderful work.

Anyway, please forgive me for my bad English, I'm a non-native speaker.

I really hope I can find this novel again 'cause it is one of my favorite chinese BL novel/danmei. Thank you in advance!

missluna and Xian-laoshi like this.
  2. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm
    did mc go to other town for job and struggle for few years with someone like older bro to him that's alw helped him. And then the older bro married, had kids and their families still closed with each other.

3. raym1821

raym1821 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. MC is quite well-off, I mean he doesn't need to struggle about money because before his parents were quite rich and now he lives with his grandma who is a professor in the prestigious university (?). His grandma had connections with many people and she helped MC to get recommendation for the university I think. So, no, MC only struggled with his trauma. Although I forgot the title of the novel, I still remember most of the plot and there is no "someone like older bro" like you meant. This story heavily focused on MC and ML. A few characters that noteworthy probably only MC's grandma, ML's little sister, the two friends, and the class teacher.

4. raym1821

raym1821 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know the title of this novel???

5. raym1821

raym1821 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    up up up

6. MiruLin

MiruLin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Camping!!!

Giratina likes this.
  7. Giratina

Giratina Out of 31 cousins, I'm the 28th one...

Reading List:
    Link
    Bumppp!!!

8. raym1821

raym1821 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still trying to find this novel. Does anyone know the title T_T

Giratina likes this.