Recommendations BL novel recs, please!

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Disolona, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Disolona

Disolona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!

Could you, please, recommend a really good BL novel, where:

1. The MC is not stupid, naive or childlike. There are tons of novels when MC is supposed to be: the smartest lab guy/military genius/banking CEO/apocalypse survivor/evil Mastermind/etc. All of that premise for the MC just to end up as a useless, brainless pendant on the ML's neck, doing stupid things, because being stupid supposedly makes you look cute. I will have a melt down if I read another novel with a grown up man acting like a child.

2. ML becomes emotionally attached, but not toxic and gaslighting. I like a good trope with a "villain ML", but I simply hate those machos who take it upon themselves to make a scene when showing their "ownership" of the MC.

For example: when MC gets a trauma and needs an immediate medical intervention, but ML doesn't let the medics touch him because they are MEN. X_X. ML would reluctuntly concede after staring them down, making some threats and leaving the shoked, trembling doctors to attend to MC. I actually cannot believe how many times i saw this cliche, it's an immediate drop for me.

Another example is when ML gets jealous towards MC's best friends/family, the worst of that - their own children. Almost every novel with the children had a scene when ML gets jealous when MC is giving attention to the child, and then ML takes his jealousy out on the little one. Because of that, i am not reading any more novels where they have children in the plot.

3. The romance is not sick, but not insipid either. I would love to read a romance novel with the good plot, to shed a tear or two.

Sorry for the rant-like request, I have really been struggling to find a good read because i want ROMANCE, but some characterization is putting me off.

Thank you in advance for any good read you personally found interesting and moving! Btw, i am okay with reading the untranslated Chinese novels.

PC: plz do not recommend the novels you haven't read it seems like a trend lately here on the forum.

2. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you girl I feel you:sweating_profusely:

Disolona likes this.
  3. BewareofFangirls

BewareofFangirls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigrated into a Big Boss to Snatch Away the Cannon Fodder - MC is CEO and ML is actor
    Rebirth of a Cannon Fodder from a Novel - MC acts naive/innocent but isn't
    Mr. Melancholy Wants to Live a Peaceful Life
    Reborn with an Old Enemy on the Day of our Marriage
    Rebirth of a Movie Star
    Rich and Vicious Male Supporting Character is Tearing up the Script
    After Rebirth: What should I do if my boyfriend has a boyfriend?
    President Wife is a Man
    He Lifted My Red Veil

Second Marriage of a Wealthy Old Man (not completed)
    Reborn in the 80's (not completed)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  4. Fanfictionaddict13

Fanfictionaddict13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I was looking at your list and I'm like, yeah and none of the transmigration holding onto a golden thigh and then acting oblivious ml likes them... but rebirth of a movie star is good
    Superstar Aspirations is going so slow and tbh there's a lack of romance, they play it off like there's gonna be an epic will they won't they but they just confess and get together, the draw of it is really their jobs as actors.
    I am a lucky cat is good it's vr based, the romance kinda works but it's unintentionally hold a golden thigh type of stuff.
    I'm having some trouble because I keep wanting to recommend fanfiction instead of web novels lol

5. suhanirh

suhanirh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/restricted-area/ ( love the mc and ml , 100/10 recommended , one of my fav books of all time)

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/married-thrice-to-salted-fish/ ( one of my fav historical novel with gong mc that I actually ended up loving , if you don't like gong mcs , still please give this a chance )

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/supernatural-movie-actor-app/ (power couple , you wont regret reading this,unlimited flow,unique couple )

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/fight-the-landlord-fall-in-love/ ( the first novel I re-read [and I'm not even willing to re-read my fav books lol] pretty short but really very good )

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/pastel-colours/ ( this novel has a child but please give it a chance as its the first novel with a child that i came to like very much , and the ml is not jealous of his child)

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/qiang-jin-jiu/ ( my fav historical bl , i will never forget it for the rest of my life) [read from 'cangji.net']

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-moon-is-coming-to-me/ (this one is a little tricky , it can be a hit or miss ... if you read the reviews for this some have said that the mc is childish and stupid and i also went in expecting that but came out with tears in my eyes and a special place for this novel in my heart lol , i don't usually cry or tear up but this.... this was beautiful . the mc and ml deserve the world . if you decide to read this please go through till the end . you might find the mc annoying ta first personally that was never the case for me , i instantly liked the mc and felt for him and there was always a lump in my throat from start to finish when reading this one
    'It turned out that when I was running to the moon.
    The moon was also running to me.
    '

this is a line from this novel and it can be considered a spoiler of some sorts but i just couldn't stop myself in hopes of you reading this line and being inclined to reading this story from start to finish

as you can already tell I'm not good at giving a summary but i have read this novels and have been deeply moved by all of them one way or another and would like to share this joy with you please bear with my sloppy comments and please do read these books ,~~ i hope you like them as mush as i do ~~~:blobsnow:

6. shelikespearlshells

shelikespearlshells Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Global University Entrance Examination (全球高考)
    — 无限流! The mc is p smart, independent, and the male lead respects his boundaries
    — completed translation

2ha (二哈和他的白猫师尊)
    — cultivation, has some dubious content warnings (in mc's previous life)
    — both the ml and mc are strong and independent people
    — ongoing translation i think

First Class Lawyer
    — ongoing translation
    — generally all of Priest's works are good, you should check her out!

Don't pick up boyfriends from the trashcan
    —no explanation needed

Sorry these reccs are really random and quite famous so there's a high chance you've reae them already. Are you looking for any particular world setting/story theme so that I can narrow down my reccs?

7. Xieljhane

Xieljhane Lost

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn: I've read a lot of novels but I don't remember the title. Came here for sauce too.:blobsweat:

8. missluna

missluna 《Melon Seed Eater》

Reading List:
    Link
    I've gone trough my Finished Reading List and these are the novels that I can recommend based on your requirements( and some of these you might have probably already read):
    • Accidental Mark (Seme protag)
    • After the Bankruptcy of the Supporting Male Lead
    • After the Disabled God of War become my Concubine
    • All-round Mid Laner(esports)
    • Green Plum Island
    • He Lifted My Red Veil
    • Home of the Zerg(Smut, Seme protag)
    • How to Survive as a Villain
    • I'm the Vicious Cannon Fodder in the Book
    • Mistakenly Saving the Villain
      • this have both #1, MC is academically smart but emotionally dumb(the reason would be explained at the end) and #2 but ML is willing to be healed and change near the end
    • Rebirth of a Movie Star
    • Reborn with an Old Enemy on the Day of our Marriage
    • Second Marriage of a Wealthy Old Man
    • Supporting Role's Aura
      • the first Arc is great and can stand alone but the next on Arcs are a bit of a meh
    • Seven days as a Villain
      • Short story(8 chps), morally gray story that leans more on black, selfish MC, attached ML but not like what you mentioned on #2
    • The E-sports Circle's Toxic Assembly Cam
      • smart and mature couple
    • 2ha/Erha/The Husky and his White Cat Shizun
      • Seme protag, read the tags on NU, every chapter has red warnings
      • This has been licensed, so the translations in the internet has been taken down
    • The Virtuous Omega Disguised as the Vicious Colonel
    • Transmigrated into the Film Emperor’s Death-Seeking Fiance
    • Both mature and smart couple and I really like the ML
    • Worship Me, I can Make You Rich
    • You use a Gun, I use a Bow(esports)
    • Your Memes are better Looking than you

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  9. ShadowAscetic

ShadowAscetic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Supporting Male Character Just Wants to Be a Tool Man - Modern, Comedy. MC is coquettish but not a silly white sweet (stupid and naive), he knows what he want and he strives to get it. ML isn't an iceberg CEO he's just a normal young adult who is mature yet clingy at the same time.
    Recapture the Entertainment Industry - Modern, Entertainment. MC died in his 40s and reborn in the body of a teenager, ML is two-faced gentleman. At first ML was attracted to MC because they have similar personalities (polite outside indifferent inside) but he gradually found that MC is more attractive than he looks, he often got a boner because of MC unintentional gestures.
    The Reborn Otaku’s Code of Practice for the Apocalypse - Slow Romance, 80% SoL 20% Action. MC is an ordinary person but he isn't dependent on ML who is an ability user. ML is emotionally attached to MC but he isn't a vinegar jar.
    穿进男频搞基建 (raw) - Kingdom Building, Slow Romance. Pretty similar to Back to the Beginning of Ming to do Charity but this MC is a Prince (Emperor's distant relative) and ML is a slave. MC behaves like a pampered noble but he secretly build his own private army, meanwhile ML didn't like MC at first but he gradually found that MC has his own consideration on doing things. In the end they both build the empire together and recorded in history as 'good brother'.
    爆!影帝被新人拿下了 (raw) - Modern, Entertainment. MC is a QT host who returned to his original world after he saved a lot of points, but 50 years has passed so he obtained new identity. He knows that he's quite OP and he doesn't bother to hide his skills. ML is a black bellied character (I think), he was attracted by MC's confident behavior and his provocative gestures.

tabushechka likes this.
  10. MissZer0q

MissZer0q Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Four O’Clock Flower - just discovered this last week or so and I’m telling u, it’s the best thing that ever happened to me this year lol. MC is smart, incredibly and tearjerkingly gentle. He does make mistakes but he changes and learns from it TT. ML is soooo overwhelming, not as in super possessive or smthing like that but when he realized his feelings he fell down hard. Everytime he reassures the MC of their relationship, of his love, I just can’t. I want one. Realistic portrayal of homosexuality too so be mindful of the trigger warnings.

Raws: [everything is modern so it’s easy to mtl!]
    魔王摘下了他的小犄角 - A fanstasy modern setting. MC is an angel banished from heaven who is now a demon king lol. ML is another demon king who discovered that MC is an angel! ML is also sand sculpturey
    “Ansel, are you the storm I’m destined to suffer?” Otherwise how could you continue to wreck havoc in my heart.

女装巨巨们全在谈恋爱 - Multiple characters MC who are friends with each other cuz they like to crossdress. MLs are sweet dog attacks who r henpecked lol. Fav was Story 1.

真结婚了不骗你 - if u wanna laugh out loud defo check this out cuz ML’s brain circuit is out of the world.

绝命法医 - Forensic x police w cases that is veryyyy much interesting and with characters that respects each other very much.

咸鱼结婚 - literally so fucking kyuuuuutttttttt I want to have a salted married life too!!! ML just literally wanna kneel on a washboard cuz all his other friends’ wives r making them do that but MC don’t do that to him TT.

There’s actually a part where ML’s company is on the verge of bankruptcy and guess what happened….

亲一亲偏执美人- The mains r actually kind of like brothers cuz their guardians are dating each other (theres a prequel but u don’t need to read that to understand) and they live in the same house. The ML here is not the possessive one but the MC. Idk if u’re into that tho…. MC will literally become jelous of every person that comes into the vicinity of ML except for their fathers. ML do know of his jelousy, fakeness, and evilness though and actually pampers him so TT.

ML even gave MC a notebook so he can write everything that he cannot do so he won’t forget….

Anyways, goodluck w ur book hunting! Hope u find sum treasures!!!

klydebermudez likes this.
  11. Twilight 40

Twilight 40 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for a bl novel, anyone pls recommend
    I think it's a raw novel
    If i remember correctly I think the mc is either reborn/transmigration (I think it's reborn)and he is an actor(not sure but 99%.)..ml is a president of an entertainment company (maybe &I think it's surname Su or something) and when the mc &ml met(after the mc is reborn) i thinks it at a function &mc misunderstood that ml wants to be his backer(like gold daddy) and later they cleared the misunderstanding and become lovers............
    Ml has a brother....I also think that mc is gong. If anyone knows pls recommend. And mc also knows car racing etc due to various situations in his previous life

12. Author Hawa

Author Hawa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigration: Life As A Ger In Ancient Times With My Mystical Snake Beast God.

In Webnovel

Check out Transmigration: Life As A Ger In Ancient Times With My Mystical Snake Beast God on Webnovel, it's legit.