Spoiler (BL) Rebirth of the Waste Wife

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Misaki Yata, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Misaki Yata

Misaki Yata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    废妻重生 By: 金元宝

So I found this on IAmBanana's site and looked interesting.
    https://iamabananaweb.wordpress.com/2017/10/12/random-thoughts-on-a-danmei-novel/

I'm not sure if its completed but at the moment it has 342(?) chapters out but only 59 chapters are free while the rest are VIP and couldn't for the love of god find all the free chapters :blobexpressionless:

Summary :
    Wu Ruo died, and then rebirth-ed. But he rebirth-ed back to the time when he was most useless, most abhorrent, and fattest; the darkest period of his life.

Not only he was forced to get married to a man as his wife, he was a waste who couldn’t cultivate. He needed people to help him get out of the bed every morning, and he would ran out of breath after walking a few steps. When he left the room, his butt would get stuck at the door. He could be said as a waste to the extreme, his fattiness was the latest height.

But — he is already fat to this extent, ‘he’ actually wanted him to serve in bed? Shit.

Come then, this Uncle will crush you to death!

This lifetime, Wu Ruo has decided that while he takes his revenge, he would reverse all his dark history into white.

This Banana’s thoughts:
    Wu Ruo is the MC and he is very fat, so fat that he needs to take note of his butt when he leaves a room. He thought his relatives and friends were treating him well despite being fat and has no cultivation, but it all turned out to be fake.
    As of chapter 33, the ML seemed to be Hei Xuanyi . Hei Xuanyi is most probably a Kuudere and the interactions between MC and ML is quite cute to read
    HXY get cookie points from me because he didn’t discriminate the MC for being fat albeit a bit cold (from being a man of few words).
    I like to read how the MC plan and execute his revenge on those who deserved it, because seriously, each and every one of them deserve to die being disemboweled while awake :v

[edit] This Banana read until the end of free chapters and still find it interesting
    Revenge is best served cold fast~
    And I just found out that all the servants inside this story bear the House surname instead of having random auspicious surname-less name like normal story. That means even more people with surname Wu now XD

If there's a spoiler thread to this, I couldn't find it so do please leave me the link if there is one~
    Raws: http://www.lcread.com/bookpage/301785/index.html

@alexfilia to drag poke train

2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Rilise

Rilise Aestivating

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, a super fatty MC
    This is quite interesting

4. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    *lurks and watches* kinda intrigued..

5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Is MC married to ML?

6. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... anyone else counting how many times the word fat was used? X'D

kiara8 and Misaki Yata like this.
  7. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HXY is the ML?

8. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Until I see all chapters in front of me, I'm not jumping in this pit. I've learned my lesson with the last 'waste' themed novel in the spoiler threads... My curiosity is deadly ah... Not even gonna start this one T_T.

9. NerdExpress

NerdExpress 『Shem's Kouhai』,『Nerdy』,『Saving The World』

Reading List:
    Link
    *watches thread :sushi_peak:*
    Hope it get's translated~

Allroundfangrl likes this.
  10. Raizendeville

Raizendeville [The Idle Lord] (눈_눈)| [Piñata Infantry Commander]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this translated?

*click watch thread..
    I'll be waiting.. XD
    *goes off to work..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2017
    Allroundfangrl likes this.
  11. Regalia1896

Regalia1896 Lady Sagittarius of the Moonlight Procrastinators

Reading List:
    Link
    I have RISEN:blobhero::blobpeek: *watches list*

potatofriez likes this.
  12. ferrelrose

ferrelrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for spoilers:blobpeek::blobpeek:

13. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    :sushi_peak::sushi_hide: let me lurk here :sushi_hide::sushi_peak::sushi_hide:

14. Ichigocheesecake

Ichigocheesecake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    camping tent is pitched :blob_pompom:

kumquatsjingleheimer likes this.
  15. ColaArcie

ColaArcie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if this story is good but I read the other author's book "Number one zombie wife" and I love it.:);):love:(y)

BTW I saw that "Rebirth of the waste wife" is completed and im gonna read it now in one sitting even though our examination week are near :ROFLMAO::blob_grin::aww::blob_sunglasses:

Blood A and JuuHachi like this.
  16. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    I need a HK ID for icread... so I basically don't browse there /o/

18. jadelin

jadelin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's another source for the raws--it's complete now, btw:
    http://www.sto.cc/book-170356-321.html

The first chapter is pretty gruesome, since it's basically the massacre of the MC's family (thus the reference to the scene that IAmBanana doesn't like torture/rape/dismemberment). But I really, really like this MC and ML. Since I did some MTL/audio reading of it a while back and didn't quite finish it, so I might not remember all the details. Basically it's the MC rebirthing after his death/family massacre to figure out the mysterious figures who ruined them. Also on the loving romance between the MC and ML. Yes, it's by the same author of "Number One Zombie Wife".

So a spoiler about the MC being fat: The MC actually is a world-toppling beauty after he loses all his weight, but the ML loves the MC regardless when the MC was fat or thin. Unfortunately, this wasn't well displayed in his first life, since he barely met him then. He also has a shifu who able to see his 'true looks' that finds him very attractive. There's also sort-of mpreg from a mysterious egg.

But unlike "Number One Zombie Wife", this one has a TON of family drama (given the mysteries), so this caused me to drop skimming the chapters. But I'd still be interested in it if someone wants to pick it up. It has a strong start to the story, and bonus points between the supportive/sweet ML who doesn't rush the MC to lose weight even after they figure out how to 'cure' him -- so it's multiple chapters in until the MC reveals his true looks/power.

Number One Zombie Wife only had a bit of family drama towards the end, but compared to this story, not nearly as much.

And like what IAmBanana said, if someone plans to translate this, I likewise recommend they know some Chinese, not just doing pure MTL. There's a lot of Chinese mythology "occult" terms, since that's what the focus of what the families do and the battle dynamics. So direct Chinese to English MTL will have a lot of ... weird and inaccurate translations.

19. jadelin

jadelin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, on the arranged marriage between the ML and MC... Basically ML is also gorgeous and very powerful, but wears this leathery mask over his face to hide his true looks. I forgot why he needed an arranged marriage, but there was a woman who passed up the marriage with him (who later harassed the MC & ML because of her missed chance, ugh) because of it. Due to that and various family things, the arranged marriage ended up being passed down to the MC. In his first life, the MC was very unwilling about it, and refused to encounter the ML much. As he was about to die, he realized the ML was coming to save him/missed saving him, so when he rebirthed, he vowed to cling to the ML's thighs to change the events in his first life.

20. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Blood A likes this.