Spoiler (Bl) Reborn as a Good Child

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by morticia_addams, Mar 22, 2019.

1. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    *waiting waiting waiting* :blobpopcorn:

3. chekanalia

chekanalia Daolord Dreadful Sun

Reading List:
    Link
    Peachiii, Blood A and morticia_addams like this.
  4. chekanalia

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, the chapters are short and am mtl'ing & very busy IRL but will do the best I can.
    First off, the setting is modern day china and the city they are in has five major families; Bai(mc's family), Mu(ML family), Yan, Shen and Qi. ML and MC families were best buddies and the Mu's passed away leaving only ML. MC's families promised to take care of ML ,which they did and so they grew up together.(No dog blood drama on that front) ML had to take over his family business at a young age which made him one of those cold CEO types to everyone except MC.
    One other thing, the sister doesn't really love the ML and it's mainly an appreciation thing and she's like, since I have to marry why don't I pick someone I can get along with and is safe and won't be a pain...he even informs her(post rebirth) that the one he loves is her brother and she tells him that if they marry, he can watch over him as a brother in law. After the whole sleeping with him thing and the attempted suicide and explanation, they break it off but they do it in such a complicated manner:LOL: it involves Shen shao(1st son of other major family) who is madly in love with the sister(bai yuejing?) and they are trying to convince the MC that the whole marriage was to get Shen to confess his feelings so that he doesn't feel guilty for "stealing his sister's man):ROFLMAO: So the MC tries to get a feel for Shen (who is in on the whole thing) and he even fakes his car breaking down so he can hitch a ride with shen but once they are in the car and driving off, MC's driver drives his car off and all this is visible in the rearview mirrors. MC is panicking while shen is internally going "aaaaww, how cute"
    Note: Everyone and their grandma knows that MC is the apple of his family's eye and ML is his #1fan and knight in shining armor.
    The one villain I have run into so far is the transmigated girl who is all kinds of crazy. Self entitled and a major pain. She had read the book(book FL) and was expecting everything to go as planned but didn't account for the fact that the people she had read about were 2d but IRL,those people can't be calculated and won't work as she assumed. Eg."She didn't understand that the parents in the world should not be as compliant as her parents, and she would give her all the good things in the family. The money they earned was all except the necessary life. Give her? Why did the woman’s parents ask her for money? ! And why is that damn cheap brother still not going to die?" " Feng Qun is dead, so who will kill Bai Yihan, Bai Yihan does not die, how she is a female lord?" o_Oo_Oo_O
    This is all over the place but I will try and finish mtl'ing soon.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  5. chekanalia

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, (Book FL) decides that she will try and follow the plot and since its the only way she can get to ML. :blob_catflip:
    Fall of Bai family->death of shen yuanting(trying to save bai yuexing) ->revenge of shen family->death of MC(not related to shen family)
    ->return of ML->ML drunk and aphrodisiac->Book FL gets knocked up eventually married.
    Crazy chick doesnt realise that the only reason ML even bothered with her is because she was the only woman MC was ever involved with and he is collecting her to remind himself of MC.
    Anyway, MC decides to stop the accident that kills shen yuanting(SYT) and ends up ramming into the car driven by a crazy stalker that was into his sister and was instigated by book FL. SYT ends up saving sis by using his body and ends with a broken calf and she ends up agreeing to date him.
    There is an orphan that was sponsored by the MC family named Jiang and he loves MC bro but he decides to not do anything since he is str8 and he doesnt want to lead down a wrong path. i want this pairing so bad.:bloblove:
    Bai Yihan said helplessly: "Ginger brother, I am not saying you, you are too good, so?" Completed? Have you considered taking the initiative and taking him down? I can help you." Jiang Hua smiled bitterly: "Thank you first, but I have no such plan. If he is like me, it is a bend. Then even if it is a bloody blow, I must try it, but he is not. He is a straight man. Although the same-sex marriage law has passed, this road is still not very good, let alone bend the straight man. It’s hard to go to the sky, even if it’s OK, I don’t want to pull him down because of my desire, let him go with me to this destined road. He is a white parent, he will marry and have a happiness. A happy family and a lively and lovely child, he will take over Bai’s business, and he wants to be at his side. Whenever he is, he can stand close to him, look at him, guard he, do my best, I only hope that his life smooth sailing. "
    MC decides to question Book FL since she is dropping hints abt the future even after his death and he gets the entire story from her.She is tied down in the basement and he comes with a toolbox and describes what all he is going to do to her if he doesnt get the answers he wants. She figures out that he is the rebirth and she remembers how he killed all those guys in the warehouse before he was killed and she is freaked out.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  6. Daemon Kieran

Daemon Kieran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you please tell me which raw you are using.:sushi_tea: Ch92 is VIP on the one I was able to access.:sushi_dead:

Blood A likes this.
  7. chekanalia

Reading List:
    Link
  8. chekanalia

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok,ML eventually decides to lock her up in an asylum and psyches her out to where she begins to srsly question her own sanity.:blobdevil: Now we skip to Bigbro/secretary (Bai Yan BY/Jiang Hao JH); big bro has been catching feelings for quite a while but he is still kinda in denial and so he goes through this whole pulling pigtails phase...he gives JH extra workload, treats him coldly, sends him to a different office and all culminates to transferring him to another office far away. BY starts getting jealous when he sees all the gifts and love JH is getting plus there is another guy trying to romance him and sends him flowers and gifts daily. It all culminates to BY coming to the airport and dragging him back to the office saying his replacement was shit and his transfer has been cancelled-
    " Didn't he get the memo?
    No?
    ...That's how shitty your replacement is...cant get anything done!Tsk!"
    :blob_grin::blob_grin:proceeds to drag him out of the airport and stashes him into the car.
    BY goes to take a nap and JH goes to wake him up(he's awake but faking sleep) but kisses him instead....when he goes to clean up, BY is all hot and bothered and actually has a nosebleed. He gets a call from grandpa afterwards and he blurts out that he is in love with JH and grandpa is like...why haven't you sealed the deal yet? His parents are also supportive. They even have a family conference to get them together...

Bai Boren coughed and said: "Today is an important day for our white family. Xueqing will not say it. Her relationship with Tianyang is stable. Tianyang is also a good boy. It is expected to talk for one or two years. If you are in love, you can get married. He should also be involved in such an important family meeting. But it is a pity that he can’t come over time. The things of Yi Han and Jing Yuan are well known before, but it’s only today. The most important thing is Ayan. His lifelong event has always been a big problem. Now it has finally been broken by Jiang Hua. Our three children can have a good marriage. My mother and I are also put down. The big stone in the heart, now, and the last important problem, is Jiang Hua’s attitude. If you rely on Ayan himself, with his slow look, I’m afraid that waiting for him to shoot, the day lily is cold, and it’s about A Yan’s life. we pay attention to it, the whole family got the power, to help break the Arab-Israeli Yan Jiang Hua fortress, we want to brainstorm together to help him find a way. "
    he looked in a circle several children, the head Fixed in Bai Yihan who said: "Yihan, chasing people you should have experience, talk to your brother."

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  9. chekanalia

Reading List:
    Link
    BY is so awkward....hehe
    Jiang Huaxuan said: "Bai always, why did you suddenly send me a watch?"
    Bai Yan said seriously: "Your watch is too ugly and affects the company's image."
    Jiang Hua: ... my watch is also very good, not at all ugly?
    But he can't say this, he can only change the watch silently, let alone, it is quite suitable for him.
    Jiang Hua looked up and smiled. "Thank you, Bai Zong."
    Bai Yan looked at his hand. The black dial was lined with white wrists. It was really beautiful. It was so beautiful that people wanted a thin wrist to hold. The hand is good, his fingers licked each other behind the back, and coughed a bit: "Well, not bad, wear it

BY finally seals the deal with JH. (mutual handjob not full on smex)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  10. chekanalia

Reading List:
    Link
    :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip:
    It was going too good!Aaargh, misunderstanding incoming! MC eavesdrops on family and ML chatting with the psychologist they got him a while back and since they havent told mom and dad that ML and MC legit want to be together,mom/dad assume its an act and say so....MC is crushed :blobcry::blob_teary:
    He decides to slowly cool things off so that he can allow ML to eventually return to a normal life. Anyway , his beginning goals have all been met. Bro has JH, sis has SYT, the family has alliances and the major land deal he got them...he contemplates suicide again but he thinks that that was what they were trying to stop in the first place with getting ML to be with him. He cant do that so he will slowly cool it. (This to me is a major point since it shows that he still isnt 100% even when its all cheery and roses, his trauma is still there and will not magically disappear) We are around ch 145 here.
    ML decides to move back to his home and Bai family decides MC has to go with him to take care of him since he is sick. Mc finally tells ML what he heard and refuses to believe that ML actually loves him and is sacrificing himself for him. ML is PISSED!(me too honestly)
    ch 150 MC has a dream where he replays everything that happens and we can see an awakening of sorts. But ML is in total yandere mode!Haha MC, you brought it on yourself.
    ML secretary comes to drop paperwork off and starts chatting to mc and reveals that ML has been in love with him for years. Gives a whole bunch of examples and i think this helps move MC.

11. chekanalia

Reading List:
    Link
    ML to MC::love::love::love::love:
    you are the three young masters of the white family, the heart of the whole family, you are my lover of Mu Jingyuan, in my heart, no one is better than you. Better, I am a few years old, I grew up watching you grow up, although you are a little confused, but pure and lovely, your purity, and did not disappear with the growth of age, it has been following you until today. You Pure, kind, grateful, true to family and to me, your soul contains the most precious and beautiful side of human nature, otherwise you think that the strict old man who counts countless people and countless people just like it. You? Your small flaws really have a lot, for example a bit Wayward, but also love into a dead end, but your strengths like the sun, shining shortcomings can not be revealed, in fact, even if you do nothing, but I like you, it does not make sense. "

12. chekanalia

Reading List:
    Link
    ML and MC make up and decide to get married!
    There is another couple that is cop/mafia head but I will not get into that.
    Crazy chick dies in asylum.
    It then goes into an author named nanshan who was supposed to die but MC wants to change that.
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:
    ~ch167. When it rains, it pours...apparently ML got sick on purpose to feel out MC. He was in cahoots with another buddy(married to a man too--are they members of gongs united or something?)who taught him this method. MC overhears the convo:blobpopcorn: Grovelling time...they argue, kiss and make up and then smexy time.
    ch 176 MC n ML get married
    A good chunk of the chapters from here are concentrating on the 2nd son of Yan family and Nanshan.
    1. mc/ml
    2.Bai yan/Jiang hao
    3.Fang Yi/Qin feng (cop/mafia)
    4.Yan yan/nanshan
    5.yan 1/Zhuge?(son of yan family married to male hubby)
    6.Bai yuejing/shen yuanting

13. chekanalia

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, a lot happens but its extra stuff about the side families. Main villain in both lives is Qi Mingyang. His dad and MCs dad were competing in business way back and when he lost he had a stroke. So he raised his son everyday pushing him to get revenge.....if he failed he'd even refuse to see him.In the past life he succeeded and that's how all the bad shit that happened went down but after rebirth, MC was also different so QM got curious and he was interested in MC. I get the feeling that QM knew he was going to lose and he wasn't even trying hard. It has a very fatalistic feel to it. Anyway, he kidnaps MC by pretending to kidnap MC grandpa and plans to abscond with him to a distant country...but ML and crew come to the rescue. He is really not trying here....you kinda sympathise with him, he sounds exhausted. Anyway,he jumps into the sea and his body is not found. We get an aside that a blond guy on a yacht (who calls him beautiful....future pair?)pulls him out of the water and it sounds like he has amnesia. We get a bunch of fluffy closing chapters showing happy endings.
    THE END!!That was a long night...am so tired!

14. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    From start to finish of the spoilers, my heart was a roller coaster ride. So much emotions.

15. Daemon Kieran

Daemon Kieran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    chekanalia likes this.
  16. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's so much info I want to add but it's hard for me to properly put them together without rewriting it all, so thanks in advance to @chekanalia for starting the whole spoiler and reminding me of some things.

Here's the MC and ML basic character sheet:

MC: Bai YiHan
    - Apple of his family's eye, can do no wrong (lel)
    - Had a spoiled brat personality as you'd expect from a rich, spoiled child
    - Has a massive crush on ML
    - Has 2 elder siblings, 1 brother, 1 sister
    - Grew up with ML
    - Family is considered one of the 4 richest and most powerful families (aka top-tier family) in the city
    - Can play the piano

ML: Mu JingYuan
    - Your typical CEO Sue ML
    - Grew up with MC's family because his parents died in an accident
    - Family used to be one of the top families in the city but now he's the only one left
    - Massive crush on MC

Below's the plot for the thingo (mostly in chronological order). Beware of inconsistent tenses and details as it's been a long time since I last read it :blobflag:

- Is a story on jjwxc or something
    - MC did dumb jealous stuff because ML was "dating" his sister and was going to "marry" her
    - Dumb stuff involved going to bars and having casual sex, smoking, throwing tantrums at family + ML for random stuff and the dating thing
    - ML was "scared off" because of how bratty MC was being (so MC thought. ML's thought process was never really revealed.)
    - MC had a bunch of shitty "friends" who actually hated him but had to suck up to him because he's the beloved child of a top-tier family
    - S.Friend A convinces MC to open up a company/business with him
    - MC borrowed money from family to continue this company
    - Because MC was bad at accounting and stuff, S.Friend A convinced MC to let him handle the small stuff
    - S.F. A then takes this chance to steal information from MC's family's company and to steal money from MC and company
    - Leaked information + money-laundering-ish activities + debt (in MC's company by S.F. A) = MC and MC family's companies being closed for investigation/frozen/collapsed
    - S.F. A's family (who's not a "top family") and some other families then took the chance to push MC's family further into bankruptcy
    - Reasons: MC's family is the weakest of the 4 top families with no government/military connections + ML with all the big connections is now gone + none of the other top families are that close to MC's family= no one could stop them
    - Combined with several other factors like a big city redevelopment plan that MC's family couldn't get a bite of, MC's family is officially bankrupt with a family of 6 (ish) living in a small condominium/apartment
    - MC goes behind his family's back to try and earn a living as a pianist in a bar
    - S.F. A and gang discovers MC, beats him up (breaking his hand and leg) then gang rapes him
    - MC crawls back to family's apartment to find S.F. A and gang had taken pictures of him being raped (but made to seem as though he was willing) and had sent those photos to his family
    - Family was made to assume MC was running around doing drugs etc when he was actually working
    - Grandfather dies of heart attack due to shock/anger
    - MC was not thrown out but now he's working as general labour instead
    - S.F. A and gang finds MC again
    - MC is dragged into a warehouse, beaten and raped again (attempted? can't really remember if it was successful) but also ends up fighting back and punching them a few times
    - Police was tipped off (I forgot how or by who) and they come in with guns blazing
    - MC takes chance to get S.F. A and gang to get them killed
    - MC "feints" and gets himself shot as well ----> point where MC travels back in time
    - ML comes back years later, gets heartbroken at the news of MC's death, takes revenge on the others for MC and helps MC's family rebuild their company
    - Fast forward years later ---> this is where the "story" the transmigrated girl read starts
    - MC's ex-girlfriend is the MC of the story (let's call her Girl because something-C is just too similar)
    - Girl now works under MC, the biggest big-shot CEO in the nation

- Girl:
    - Saintly mother character
    - Used to like MC and went out with him once after confessing to him
    - MC broke up with her because he soon found out he was gay
    - During uni, she "worked" as a kept girlfriend and as a dishwasher
    - Most of the money earned was sent back home to her lazy-ass father and brother (who drinks, smokes, takes drugs, doesn't work etc etc) so she's still poor af

- ML ended up sleeping with her (and getting her pregnant) because he was drunk (and in love with the dead MC + aphrodisiac?)
    - Drama happens with Girl going away because she's preggers and doesn't want to bother ML but chased back by ML yada yada typical rom-com story
    - Girl and ML get married ----> this is where the "story" ends (Happy Ending)

Main Couple plotline (Until chapters 150+ of 200+)
    - MC is reborn to the time before all the tragic things happened
    - MC cleans up his act, tries to be a good child and not do all the things that happened before
    - During birthday banquet of the head patriarch of the most powerful family in the city (aka Powerful Grandpa), MC wins the approval of Powerful Grandpa because he's such a sweet child. MC also meets S.F. A, gets traumatic flashbacks, screams and tries to run from S.F. A. MC is then comforted by ML.
    - Now, everyone thinks S.F. A has done something bad to MC. ML, MC's family, and Powerful Grandpa are now suspicious of S.F. A
    - S.F. A now hates MC even more because this made his father "lose face". S.F. A did all that shit in First Life just to make his father like him more than the brother.
    - MC's weird behaviour + continuous nightmares (from his past life) convinces family and ML to hire a psychologist who ends up diagnosing MC with mental trauma and a suicide risk
    - Psychologist advises ML and fam to make MC feel safer
    - ML and fam start plans like getting ML to date MC (because everyone and their grandma knows MC is closest to ML)
    - At this point, ML and Big Sis have already been "dating" (or planned to)
    - ML and Big Sis confess to family that they're not really into each other. It was all just an "in case I don't find someone I love" arrangement. [Big Sis knows ML loves MC and tells ML this is a way to let ML watch over MC even if MC doesn't like him back]
    - ML and MC start to get close and ML tells MC that the whole dating and engagement with his Big Sis was fake because
    a) Big Sis just wanted to get her parents and potential suitors off her back
    b) (Lie) Big Sis is in love with someone else and is trying to attract his attention via making that someone else (let's call him Sis's Hubby [to-be lol]) jealous
    c) (Hidden reason that was only revealed in ML's thoughts) it's also to test if MC was in love with ML
    - ML then asks MC to fake date him so his Big Sis has an excuse to get out of the arrangement
    - MC agrees to help ML and Big Sis + to test if Sis's Hubby is attracted to Big Sis
    - Big Sis asks Sis's Hubby to be in on the "get MC to date ML via this convoluted plan"
    - Point of Interest: Sis's Hubby is actually the one in love with Big Sis. Big Sis doesn't like Sis's Hubby yet.
    - Sis's Hubby doesn't dare confess even though he's from the second most powerful family in the city or something
    - At this point, the story is mainly a comedic reincarnation arc in school/uni life where we see
    - MC trying hard to get his family to invest in this abandoned useless part of the city that's going to be redeveloped into a university town in a few years (that they never got to invest in the past life), borrows money from family for it and ends up giving ML the chance to show off how much he loves MC via buying up most of the property because he trusts MC.
    - This also increases Powerful Grandpa's approval of MC because it shows how smart MC and ML are (Powerful Grandpa has government connections and knows there's going to be something on there soon™) [this isn't that trivial. shhh]
    - MC tries to get to know Sis's Hubby by faking MC's car broke down and hitching a ride with the Hubby to be. Only, MC's driver then drives the "broken down" car back while the other 2 are still in sight. MC panics and Sis's Hubby is won over by his cuteness. Also, Sis's Hubby is shown to be desperate to be approved by MC as a future brother-in-law as he knows MC is the way to win over Big Sis's heart.
    - Girl is also spotted as the "kept girlfriend" of one of the S.F. gang (can't remember if it's A or just another one of the gang, let's just call him B)
    + Here, readers are made to be suspicious of her because she's not shown to be as saintly as she looks (looks angelic but adevil in bed was what the bf thinks of her)
    - Cue more lovey-dovey drama that I don't remember
    - MC and ML finally confess to each other properly
    - MC remembers Sis's Hubby died in a car crash in First Life trying to save Big Sis (aka the reason why one of the other top families didn't help MC's family because their heir died saving Big Sis)
    - Even after investigating with ML, no sign of car crash comes
    - MC decides to stalk Sis on day of car crash
    - Car comes rushing in. MC rams into car, Big Sis gets saved from a hospital trip via Sis's Hubby's tackle, Sis's Hubby gets hospitalised for a broken leg
    - Sis's Hubby finally confesses and they get together to "try it out". Later on, Big Sis finally realises she likes Sis's Hubby too.
    - Killer-to-be is arrested and is found to be Big Sis's crazy stalker (can't remember if MC knew beforehand).
    - The investigation starts into the incident.
    - Girl is found to be the person behind the incident.
    - During interrogation, MC finds out (ML not in the room):
    - Girl is transmigrated from the "real world" into the "story world"
    - She talked the stalker into killing Big Sis because "things weren't going according to the book"
    - Girl tells MC what happened in the "story world" and that he should just die so she can get her HE
    - When Girl describes how ML lived in a house full of nonsensical trash and would cry over them at times, MC realises ML kept collecting things that were related to MC and that Girl was just another item in the MC-related collection
    - MC gets even more assured of ML's love for him
    - During ML's interrogation with Girl, ML concludes that she's just a crazy fan of his and she wants to kill MC. So, off with her head! (to a mental asylum forever)
    - MC then overhears ML telling the parents that he's in love with MC and wants to be with MC only for the parents to thank ML for being so understanding and kind and they understand it's all part of the plan
    - MC gets depressed and suicidal again because he now thinks ML doesn't actually love him after all
    - There's a period where ML played the "I'm sick so you have to take care of me and now I can get close to you again" ploy which MC then overhears the plan and gets angry instead of suicidal because he thinks he's being played with and ML wasn't taking care of his body
    - MC and ML kiss and make up. They finally come out to the family and get engaged.

Main romantic plot is now done (ish) and the rest is story arcs about the other characters, more character development and ways for MC and ML to show off how powerful and in love they are.

During the main arc, the main BOSS jumps out time and again to do stuff that says "I'm the bad guy! Look at me! I'm being shady. Ooh, I'm interested in MC in a bad way."

Minor Couple Arcs (in order of how close they are to MC):
    Big Bro and his PA/Secretary:
    - PA/Secretary
    - has grown up close to MC and family as MC's family was his financial sponsor through his schooling
    - MC's honorary elder brother
    - has a massive crush on Big Bro for years (everyone and their grandma knows this except for Big Bro)
    - has a dream to own his own home and is very frugal so he can own one
    - is massively overworked by Big Bro
    - during First Life, he used up all his savings and worked himself to the bone just to help MC's family but never confessed to Big Bro
    - One day, PA/S confesses to Big Bro
    - Big Bro goes into major denial (because B.B thinks he's straight and doesn't like PA/S even though he obviously does) and overworks PA/S even more
    - Major denial spree then includes pushing PA/S away and promoting him to the manager (or something) of a branch office in another city
    - PA/S spirals into depression as he'd just bought his own apartment which he'd even furnished a room just for MC (this was during the MC and ML fights). He then decides to give up on Big Bro and sells his home.
    - MC's words finally push Big Bro to stop being a child and face his feelings
    - Cue the rom-com pre-flight I actually love you scene where Big Bro drags PA/S away just as PA/S was about to board his flight with the usual "didn't you see the notification where you're still my PA? We've got work to do"
    - HE for the couple with Big Bro occasionally staying the night at PA/S's home (which didn't get sold-sold as MC bought it with his own money and held it in trust/gave it to them)

Grandson and Author:
    1. Grandson:
    - Grandson of Powerful Grandpa
    - Reserved but determined character
    - Loves the work of Author

2. Author:
    - Famous web novel author
    - Timid recluse/hermit character

- In First Life, Author was revealed to be gay and a "mistress" to some rich guy via tabloids.
    - During revelation, the name of the cheating husband was not revealed.
    - Author was beaten up by cheating husband's wife.
    - Author then commits suicide.
    - Reborn again, MC was passing by the place where Author supposedly lived and committed suicide at. He was taking a break when he thought about the incident.
    - MC felt it's a pity Author died such a gruesome and painful way and wondered if there's a way to save Author as he didn't believe Author would be the kind of person to knowingly break a family apart
    - By chance, MC met Author who just happened to be returning from one of his rare grocery trips.
    - MC then befriends Author in the guise of "since we're both fans of Author's works (Author didn't know that MC knew his real name) let's be friends"
    - MC now knows Author is already in a relationship with the cheating husband
    - MC hires a private investigator to investigate who the cheating husband was
    - Turns out the Cheating Husband (C.H.) is a son-in-law of Powerful Grandpa aka dangerous af
    - MC later remembers the granddaughter of Powerful Grandpa likes Author and asks her for help
    - Granddaughter drags in Grandson. The 3 of them now form some Author Protection Group
    - MC brings up the issue of cheating husbands who pretend to be single just to have an affair and how one can't trust people these days (because Author's works have romance)
    - Author gets tipped off and breaks up with CH
    - The Group then keeps an eye on Author to make sure CH doesn't do anything to Author by having Grandson move in next to Author
    - Author and Grandson get friendly and lovey-dovey through heroic rescues from CH and "enticing the timid hedgehog away from his den" acts
    - Powerful Grandpa and family eventually find out (along with the wife of the Cheating Husband [aka Crazy Lady])
    - Crazy Lady goes into denial and cuts ties with the family because "Powerful Grandpa doesn't love her anymore and just loves the grandchildren and it's all MC's fault" (typical bs by a spoilt child who never grew up and wants the younger generation to give everything to her just because she's "their elder" while all the elders must dote on her because she's "the youngest (daughter of Powerful Grandpa)")
    - Author and Grandson get their Happy Ending
    - A few more chapters of other couples later, the Crazy Lady is shown to have been abused by her husband after cutting ties with her family.
    - All the servants have now quit their jobs and the children have moved out because Crazy Lady became crazy.
    - CH used to be the docile, doting husband just because Powerful Grandpa doted on Crazy Lady
    - Now that Crazy Lady has no "use" for him, Crazy Lady is just a servant and is locked up in the house under threat of severe beatings (not that he doesn't abuse her half to death by treating her as his punching bag and slave)
    - Crazy Lady escapes by jumping out of a second-floor window and running into the Powerful Grandpa's house
    - Because of how badly injured she's become, Powerful Grandpa and family took her back in
    - However, because they now know how insane and entitled she can be, they restrict her finances and movements but only so she can't go running back to the husband or bullying others anymore.
    - The family also doesn't severely punish CH like Crazy Lady wants (aka force him to go bankrupt)
    - Crazy Lady recovers from injury and goes on a rampage because "her family's treating her like trash now"
    - Crazy Lady then plans to set fire to the house with all family members locked in it, including herself
    - It just so happens to be the day MC goes over to hang out with Powerful Grandpa [told you those aren't minor details]
    - MC interrupts Crazy Lady's tirade with a call to Granddaughter who then hints at MC that something's wrong. (Crazy Lady allowed it because she wants MC to come and die as well or something)
    - MC gets the hint, calls ML etc and the duo saves the day
    - Crazy Lady dies either by suicide or being stabbed/shot because she was trying to kill MC (uncertain)

Supporting Couples that don't get an individual plot arc
    1. Son of Powerful Granpa and Bookshop Owner (married)
    - They support ML, MC and Grandson during their romance arcs
    - The Son is the best friend of ML and is the one to suggest the "pretend to be sick" ploy
    - Bookshop Owner supplied a meeting point for the Author Protection Group and played counselor
    - The Son also played a minor role in convincing Powerful Grandpa to stop doting so much on Crazy Lady just because she's the youngest and their mother died when Crazy Lady was young (through childbirth or something)

2. Cop and Mafia Leader
    - Cop is the policeman to shoot MC during First Life
    - Thus MC feels indebted to Cop as MC's death must've caused issues for Cop
    - Mafia Leader is someone who likes sleep on Cop's couch because Mafia Leader likes Cop
    - Cop thinks Mafia Leader is just some street thug and not the head of the city's largest mafia group
    - They end up together in the end because
    - Mafia Leader finally realises Cop needs someone official to stand by him and confesses
    - Cop realises Mafia Leader's not as bad as people think as he's got integrity (clean drugs, no human trafficking etc etc)
    - Their ending is the "we're going to make the city as peaceful as possible by working together on both sides of the law" trope
    - They come into play during police investigations, during that one time MC runs away from ML before they got engaged, and at the ending.

Last Arc involving S.F. A and the main BOSS
    - S.F. A jumps out again to try and win over his father by leading the BOSS to MC
    - BOSS kidnaps MC via threats to his family
    - MC is now on a ship heading to somewhere to be BOSS's love slave (or something)
    - ML, Powerful Grandpa's family, Cop and Mafia Leader all go to the rescue
    - During this time, BOSS plot dumps
    - Everything that led to MC's family going bankrupt in First Life was on BOSS's orders
    - BOSS only did so because his father wanted him to (Father's life-long dream). BOSS's Father would be so strict and neglectful that unless BOSS showed an improvement in the plan to make MC's family suffer, he wouldn't acknowledge the BOSS at all.
    - BOSS's Father only wanted MC's family to suffer because MC's father beat him in some financial competition (something about winning the panel of sponsors over) which then led to BOSS's Father getting a stroke which semi-paralysed him for life.
    - BOSS only kidnapped MC because the sudden change of character made BOSS interested in him
    - Also because he's sick and tired of trying to satisfy his father
    - The rescue team arrives, they duke it out.
    - BOSS jumps overboard because "there's nothing left for him"

Ending:
    - MC and ML get married.
    - All the couples are either engaged or married.
    - BOSS washes up amnesiac in some distant place where a blonde guy finds him and calls him beautiful (aka, new life for the poor bad guy. Woot!)

Extras:
    - Lovey-dovey stuff that I don't really remember as I didn't finish reading them all at point of reading
    - Most significant extra (tragic):
    - After the HE in the "story world"/First Life:
    - ML is shown wandering around the market and buying things that MC loved to eat
    - ML heads to MC's tomb where he talks to MC's tomb about life and "feeds MC" (aka give food via offering)
    - ML then gets a vision of ML and MC in Reborn timeline
    - ML gets to feed MC one last time before he vanishes
    - Cutaway:
    - Girl is now praying to ML's tombstone
    - During the marriage, Girl and ML have not been sleeping together because ML was only collecting things that used to be MC's and things that were connected to MC. ML would sleep in the area with things that used to be loved by MC which Girl was not allowed into as she's just connected to MC.
    - ML would get up every hour or so to roam around the mansion and sob at the things MC used to own/be connected to (like a freaking mourning Sims character)
    - Result: ML had died of fatigue in front of MC's gravestone on MC's birthday a year ago
    - Girl was left a note of apology and thanks from ML and his worldly possessions
    - Girl is then shown to have realised ML didn't like her from the start and replied to the gravestone that it was her pleasure to help

17. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the girl in the extras is not a scheming woman even though she said she was pleased to help?:hmm: Or was it her plan all along and afte ml death she and her son got all his money?! @Shibb

mmem likes this.
  18. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pleased to help because her being there completes his collection. Also because ML thanked her for tolerating his ways. His exact message was "Thank you. Sorry." which she replied with "You're welcome. No need to apologise."

Heungbo, mmem, alexfilia and 8 others like this.
  19. Pachia

Pachia Go At My Own Pace~

Reading List:
    Link
    At what chapter does it finally start with the MC present life/rebirth? Meaning end the recap of the MC past life?

20. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The rebirth starts at ch 1 but MC (being the traumatized human that he is) keeps having flashbacks. Also, the author's writing style is a little...bad when reading in individual chapters. On a whole, the story's good but it's so hard to go through the chapters without bingeing. A proper end to when MC stops thinking about his past life would be when he had to deal with...actually, never. He never stops thinking about the past because the author would throw in a few lines once in a while or a character would drag up stuff from the past.

mmem and TomiNdumplings like this.