Spoiler (BL) Scum Shou's survival guide

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Dragon_Reader, Nov 7, 2018.

1. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for writing the summary and covering all the main points, it helped when MTL-ing (this novel MTLs easily but this arc was a little harder) :blobReach:

I agree. The author is quite good at dog blood drama lol. Plots are quite cliche but imho executed nicely.

2. Sasa

Sasa The bored bookworm

Reading List:
    Link
    This is dog blood drama!!!! Full stop!!! However some recent arc seemed to be less "scum" in MC part.... Like in reborn uncle arc, MC done nothing but wait for the uncle himself to trap him... And for the end of the world arc, it basically just a pile of misunderstanding upon misunderstanding... MC barely being scum here.. Except whining to 888 for having to go on hungry streak.... Oh well.... Still crying though....

3. Lotus200

Lotus200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The title should be “The Scum Shou’s Guide To Abusing The Gong”. The MC made the different MLs fall deeply in love with him, ruthlessly abandoned them, returned to guilt trip them and then abandoned them again. And from his inner monologues with the system, it is obvious that everything is a game to him.

The MC is really cruel, but I do kind of understand his actions. The MC has spend a certain amount of time with every ML, where he is sincerely treated as their beloved. Having no feelings for them is impossible, but he can’t allow himself to admit this, since he is unable to stay with them and wants to stay loyal to his lover in the real world. The MC took on the tasks to save his lover and he has to treat everything as a game to continue. He ruthlessly abandoned the MLs in hope that they will move on, but instead he finds them being tortured by their love for him. The MC would surely break, if he were to think of them as real and admit his love for them.

Heungbo, Pfuong, Shirubame and 13 others like this.
  4. Inland

Inland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How does it end? It should have a real world arc? What was the item mc wanted from the system? Did he wanted to sabe the real life ml?
    *spoiler plz*

5. Lotus200

Lotus200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Inland likes this.
  6. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is Lu Xiuwen (rich CEO type) who took in MC after his parents died. MC is returned to the past before all the events that cause ML’s blackening, BUT plot twist, ML was reincarnated into the past which means he remembered what MC did previously (and therefore is blackened).

He decides that since in the previous life he gave MC everything that was good and yet MC betrayed him, so this life he’d definitely completely possess MC whatever the means.

He then starts by giving MC a tracker necklace (and assigns ppl to watch him) and then tries to persuade MC to live at home instead of on campus. MC refuses so he allows this classmate of MC who wants rape MC to drug and then assault MC, stepping in only when MC is pinned on the floor and molested. He then uses this as the reason to make MC live at home.

One night he pretends to get drunk and kisses MC. MC pretends to be shocked and pushes him away. ML observes his expression the next morning (shocked but no disgust and feels some stirrings of hope) and apologises, saying he didn’t mean to and it was due to the alcohol.

Later on MC brings up living on campus again but then retracts the statement when ML asks if it’s due to the kiss and looks hurt. MC also jokes about ML letting him know when he shd move out when he has a gf and stuff so he won’t be in the way.

One night MC passes by ML’s door which is ajar and drawn by the ambiguous sounds, finds a gay pr0n video playing. ML then catches MC and tells him he likes men, asking if he’s disgusted. MC says it’s his freedom whether he likes men or women.

This girl at school Xiaoqi seems to like MC and invites him for a meal. MC didn’t want to go but was made to by his buddy who wanted to meet the girls who were friends with XQ. ML then interrogates MC about whether he has a gf (he already knows about it since his ppl watch MC all the time) later but MC denies it. This girl was previously MC’s gf in the past life and LXW is not happy.

Someone (bet it’s ML) breaks the news on the school/uni forum that MC is the only heir of ML and a rich second gen. ML uses this as an excuse to assign bodyguards around MC at all times for his ‘safety’, saying that MC had previously been kidnapped when he was a child.

This causes MC to become alienated from his peers, XQ becomes cold to him, even his friend Hu Lei starts becoming distant (because he feels like the bodyguards keep staring distrustfully at him like he’s a suspicous person even though they were friends from before he knew MC’s identity).

Of course some other types of ppl try to get close to MC when they find out his identity, asking about ML. After two mths, MC realises that everything has changed and he’s no longer comfortable or happy at school (ML is using this to cage him so he has nowhere to turn except to ML)

ML asks him how it is at school and comforts him saying ‘If your friend just changes their opinion about you because of your identity, and ignores what kind of person you are, that’s their problem, not your problem.’ And suggests that they go out on the weekend to take his mind off things.

[This ML is kinda black-bellied lol]

They go up a mountain for camping, ML drives. ML wants to touch MC again but can’t use the same excuse of being drunk.... the day was fine when they started but then halfway it started to rain and they couldn’t start a fire. ‘Coincidentally’ when they’re about to go back, the car malfunctions and they’re stuck there ╮(╯▽╰)╭

They’re in the car and MC sneezes as his clothes are drenched so ML tells him to take them off. As MC is shivering, ML takes off his own clothes and hugs him :blob_grin: [as if we didn’t all see that coming, you are so transparent ML]

MC feels uncomfortable and moves away. ML asks if it’s because he knows he’s gay. MC doesn’t reply and ML smiles and opens the door, about to go out (I don’t see any mention of him putting his clothes back on??? Are u going out naked in the rain ML???) but MC stops him by hugging his waist from the back

ML is happy to see that MC still wears his stalker... err I mean, tracker necklace. MC falls asleep in ML’s warm embrace even though he feels awkward. ML secretly kisses MC when he has fallen asleep.

MC wakes up to.... ML’s morning wood pfft. MC now has confused feelings for ML.

[Do note that when I say MC I’m referring to the character MC is playing in the arc, because internally MC is still as usual like this —> :blob_grin::blobReach::blobxd::blobowoevil_horns::blobtongue::blobwink: and a complete bastard]

ML arranges for a new ‘friend’ to approach MC, Zhang Hongzhi to replace the ones he lost (and spy on him :rolleyes:) and also get him used him to the idea of gay couples - ZHZ brings his boyfriend during one gathering. MC is ‘curious’ and asks him one day if they are still together. Then he mentions about ZHZ being so gentle and even picking food for him. ZHZ laughs and says ‘Of course, we are all big men. If I don't like him, will I do this?’

ZHZ ‘helps’ MC along in his awakening of feelings for ML (lol ML you’re so devious, kudos to you). Apparently MC thought it was just an elder being kind to the younger generation - ZHZ diabuses him of this notion. ZHZ also guides MC towards the idea that MC likes ML too XD.

When MC goes back he asks ML during dinner, ‘why are you so good to me?’ ML kisses MC again, this time with no pretence that he’s drunk, as his answer. He tells MC ‘I love you, are you willing to be my lover?’ MC panics and runs away from the house.

While walking aimlessly, MC realises that

‘His life, his world, his everything is Lu Xiuwen, he is his whole.

He can't live without him.

He has long since been inseparable from him.’

ML is still sitting where he was, waiting for MC to come back. He’s decide that if MC doesn’t come back, he’d go take him back no matter what. But as the clock strikes, he hears a slight sound. MC has returned. ML asks him ‘Do you know, what it means to return?’

MC’s fist clenches and he’s silent for a long time before he nods.

Lu Xiuwen stared at Ye Ming, his lips slightly raised, his eyes dark as the sea of the abyss. He said, "Come here."

They then make out and ML really wants to do the do but then MC cries and is afraid and so ML who really wants MC to love him, pulls back.

‘In this life, you will be my person, you will fall in love with me.

The fact that you came back, makes me really happy.‘

Blackening drops by 20 points to 45 points

A lot of sweetness follows, picking up from school personally, dating and presents. Eventually ML asks MC to move into his room (at this point they still haven’t done it yet because MC is shy and ML is being patient). MC declines, still shy.

ZHZ is dutifully performing his role as best gay buddy (tm) to MC and helping to educate him XD. They went to a bar, got hit on by some unsavoury ppl and as MC is about to call ML, his phone got taken and the two of them are forced to drink (uhh, what is everyone else in the bar doing at this time??? Aren’t those two minors or really young and shouldn’t you help??? Barkeep?? Owner?? Other customers??)

ML arrives to save the day...MC drunkenly clings onto ML and asks him not to go. They finally sleep together for the first time.

More domesticity and mofu mofu, ML cooking breakfast for MC, staying at home to work to spend time with MC etc. Blackening drops 10 points to 35.

MC still not willing to be public about rship with ML but ML is patient. They go for movies, and make out, and bump into XQ lol (not sure if ML arranged this but from his thoughts seemed like he was happy letting MC got at a slow pace). Then MC decides ‘I am not afraid of others knowing that I like you.’

Blackening value drops 5 points to 30

More tomorrow, am sleepy

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    keima, SourKandy, Alice-sama and 13 others like this.
  7. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s MC’s birthday and ML throws a party for him. MC invites ZHZ and his new ‘friends’ (all arranged by ML via ZHZ). ML kisses him on the forehead while they are there and MC admits to ZHZ that they are lovers.

ML gifts a blindfold and sex toys to MC and they have a wild night lol. MC and ML confess their love for each other and MC tells ML ‘I made a wish yesterday, that we will always be together forever.’

Blackening drops 10 points to 20.

And then stays there stubbornly despite MC’s frustration lol (because it is a relationship built on lies and control and ML is afraid MC will leave him if he finds out)

MC tails ZHZ to ML’s company one day but decides not to confront them until he has more solid proof of their... conspiracy? Plotting?

MC goes out with ZHZ and his useless bunch of ‘friends’ to eat. He then decides to head back earlier home cuz his mood is not good. Halfway out, he realises that his phone is not in his pocket and turns back. The door is slightly open and MC can hear what they are saying inside. So everything is an act put on for his benefit, orchestrated by ZHZ who loudly gloats that he only needs to accompany MC and be his friend and ML will invest in his family’s company and give them benefits.

And then he lets out the ‘secret’ that MC’s identity being exposed at school and abandoned by his original plans was all due to ML’s machinations (ZHZ said in order to sleep with MC) and laughs at how stupid MC is for ‘being thankful when being sold off’

MC pushes open the door and everyone is horrified, ZHZ asking if he’d heard everything. MC says that he’d forgotten his phone, and retrieves it before heading off home.

ML sees that he is upset and asks if ZHZ made him unhappy. MC sarcastically asks ‘If he makes me unhappy, are you going to give me a new friend who can make me happy?’ By this point, ML senses something is wrong but he’s not sure how much MC knows about what he has done. MC says he saw ZHZ go to his office but lied to MC that he was at home. Thinking that he only knows this much, ML lies again ‘Sorry, I really wanted to know about your situation with him. I didn't expect him to lie to you.’

This is the last straw for MC, who loses all faith in ML, he’s still lying to him up till now. He feels that he can’t trust ML anymore, that ‘none of the words that this person said to him was true’

ML looks at the icy expression on MC’s face and somehow feels that everything is slipping out of his grasp. He asks MC: “What did you hear?” MC gets upset and screams at him “I said I know! You liar!"

MC runs away from home, to the dorms where he used to stay with his old friends but didn’t have the key to get in. He sits outside waiting for them to return. HL and Zhao Xing take him in and feed him (good bros!) but another guy makes snide remarks about how he freeloads (HL is angry, what a sweet guy, honestly). So the truth now is circulating that MC is actually not blood related to ML and therefore not his heir, not entitled to the Lu family’s properties. But ppl are under the impression that ML has kicked him out.

Then ML makes an appearance at the dorm saying he’s sorry and asking MC to pls come home.

ML: I’m sorry, can you come home with me? I am worried about you.

MC: That is not my home

ML: You can't forgive me yet. It doesn't matter. I will wait for you to come home. It will always be your home

MC: You, get lost!

ML leaves the room (and parks himself outside the door) and everyone is like :eek: he told LXW to get lost. The nosy onlookers gather up their courage and ask ML what happened: “Nothing, That is, I did a bad thing, and he was so angry that he left home” and then everyone realises ‘what’s this about being kicked out, obviously this guy (MC) is being treated like a little ancestor here!’

But MC refuses to return because he thinks:
    Under the gentle appearance, is an extremely cold heart.

What a terrible person... If he returns to his side, he will never be able to get rid of his control and cannot escape his hand.

When he is really tired of him, or tired of playing this game, what will he fall into?

What he would have lost is not only his life, but also his heart. He will truly have nothing. At that time, would he still have the courage to leave so resolutely? Maybe at that time, he would cry out without any self-respect and beg for the pity of this person...

This is what he is most afraid of.

MC opens the door and tells ML ‘Get lost, don't appear in front of me again’. ML thinks of forcefully bringing him back and shutting him up so he’d never be able to leave his side but could not bear to witness MC’s pain and sad eyes. He takes a long breath, steps back and looks at MC longingly then grits out a hoarse ‘Okay’. Then he turns and leaves.

Once he is no longer trusted, whatever that he does, in Ye Ming’s eyes is also untrustworthy.

The blackening points drop by 5 to 15 points.

MC goes out to work part-time cuz he left all his cards and money in ML’s house lol. Goes crying 5555 (wuwuwuwu) to 888, life is so hard being broke pfft serves u right u little black-hearted shit (referring to MC and not the character he’s playing). A month passes and the hard work cause MC to lose lots of weight. One night when he’s riding his bike back from work, he misses seeing the hole in the rode and ends up flat on his face.

ML is still stalking him (MC couldn’t bear to throw away the pendant he first gave him) in the black car. ML regrets, regrets, regrets (am too lazy to elaborate). MC slowly gets up and pushes his bike away. ML follows him to the dorm and then waits there until dawn before leaving.

Another 2 weeks pass, and MC goes to visit his parents’ graves. SQ (the guy who told him ML killed his parents in first life) appears. He says to MC that the reason ML is doing this to him is because he was in love with MC’s mom so he’s using MC as her replacement (who didn’t see thet coming lol). MC is naturally devastated by this piece of news, and stands there blankly. ML appears and grabs his wrist, asking why he’s here. MC snaps, pulling the pendant off his neck and throwing it on the ground. He sneers, “What? Am I not allowed to be here?”

ML says that whatever SQ tolds him is a lie, he’s one of his rivals. MC tells him what SQ said and then asks him softly ‘Is it a lie?’

ML says ‘I am good to you, not just because of her, but also because I love you. I liked her, but it was a long time ago, and now I love only you’

MC asks if there is a tracker in the pendant but then follows it up with ‘I already know the answer. I can tell you now. - I don't need you to love me. I don’t need you.’

MC walks away.

ML goes berserk.

He had no desire to live for this. When he died, he vowed to take possession of this person forever, so that he could never leave him again, so he would obtain this person by any means. But the ending is still the same as the previous one.

Why don't you believe that I love you? Why don't you believe me?

Why must you leave me? !

ML’s blackening points went up to 30.

ML forcefully takes MC home and locks him up in the house, tying up his hands. ML holds him in his arms as MC cries himself to sleep. He gently rubs at the tears on MC’s face.

Sorry, but I can't let you go.

ML carefully watches over MC, even hiring someone for the times when he’s not at home. One day, MC is in the study looking at old photos of himself, there are also some of his mother. He asks ML:

‘Do you know how much I loved you?’

‘But how much I loved you, is how much I hate you now.’

‘You make me feel sick.’

ML has been unable to figure out why in the past MC could betray him like this, and say such things relentlessly.

Now he seems to finally understand.

It is because Ye Ming loves him. (What is this twisted logic man)

ML’s blackening points drop by 20. 10 left.

MC stops resisting ML, obediently does everything he’s told. ML realises that he’s lost MC becauee he will never again look at him with his bright smile full of admiration. In his eyes, he’s just a demon who bent him to his will.

ML feels his heart hurt because he’d forced his favourite person into becoming like this. He worries that his condition will continue to deteriorate because he’s cooped up and wants to take him out for a walk at his private land nearby.

MC refused, saying he’s tired and does not want to move. He goes upstairs to bed. Does LXW think he’s raising a puppy or kitten? When he goes out, he’s kept at home and when he gets home he wants to take him for a walk?

MC has hidden away a fruit knife in the toilet while the nanny hired by ML was not paying attention. The violent urge to kill himself and end everything surges. He finds the knife he has hidden from the gap under the washstand, and stares at his thin wrist for a long time, looking at the blue coloured veins.

Just cut it and kill yourself, you can be rid of it all.

ML woke up when MC got up to go to the toilet but pretended to be still asleep. He waits for MC to come out and then gets anxious when he knocks and there is no response or sound.

He opened the door and his face changes the next moment. Ye Ming lay in the bathtub, blood ran down his wrist and reddened the ground.

MC is sent to the hospital. The doctor said that if he was just a little later, he would not have been able to save him.

ML stands outside the ward, smoking (you can smoke in the hospital...?). He rarely smokes, but the hand holding the cigarette is trembling slightly. Ye Ming almost died.... if he had to watch him die, It is better to let him live in a corner of the world.

MC calls out to him in his sleep, saying:

"Uncle, I like you very much...

" Why don't you love me..."

ML responds: “The one I love is you. It has always been you.”

I think I should let go now. To be able to know that you still love me, I should already be satisfied.

[Ding, Lu Xiuwen blackening value -5, current blackening value 5]

ML takes MC out of the hospital. Thinking that he wants to shut him up again, of going back to those days where living was worse than dying, he rushes into the road. ML saves him from being knocked over and gets hit himself.

Seeing his beloved uncle lying in a pool of blood, Ye Ming is suddenly terrified that he would die and cries.

ML comes to the realisation:

“If you are destined to be unable to own this person, let go.”

He says to MC “Go, I won’t lock you up anymore... cough.”

“Actually just now, I just wanted to tell you....Child, why did you have to be so worried?”

So arrogant, impetuous, naive.... how could I not worry about you, living alone in this kind of world?

“I’m sorry but.... you’ve never.... been anyone’s.... substitute”

[:cry::cry: Don’t be like this ok, ML]

Anyways, ML doesn’t die obviously. MC goes to visit ML and runs into the driver uncle Li and they have a little chat. Uncle Li says that ML never had ‘those kinds of feelings’ for MC’s mom, that he treated her like a relative/sibling and because of this adopted him.

ML is in coma for a long time. When he wakes up, YM is not there. ML thought that he’d left, but then suddenly at the door comes “ Uncle, you’ve, woken up?"

ML can’t believe his eyes. He thought that he was dreaming. MC is very concerned about ML. Their convo:

ML: I said you could go

MC: Are you going to lie to me again?

ML: *shakes head*

MC: Back then you said that you loved me, and only me... Were you telling the truth?

ML: It’s true

MC: Then, I’ll believe you

MC: Just this once

[Ding, Lu Xiuwen blackening value -4, current blackening value 1]

ML: Yes, you can believe me.

They get back together and spend some days happily. One day ML takes MC to the graveyard again and tells his mom’s gravestone.

“Sister Ya, I have never dared to tell you but I fell in love with your son. He is the only person I want to spend my lifetime with”

“I don't know if you will blame me, but I can guarantee that I will love him forever and protect him."

[Ding, Lu Xiuwen blackened value -1, the current blackening value of 0]

So MC has to die in 3 days cause he’s completed the mission........

...... via giant billboard falling from the sky

Ahahahahahahahahaha

[Poor ML though. He was planning to propose and was waiting for MC to come home. He waited and waited.... and then received a phone call from the police.

Fastforward and ML is 40 years old. YM’s room is still kept neat and tidy, the gifts from ML are arranged neatly inside a drawer.

This home is full of traces that Ye Ming left behind. Lu Xiuwen seems to be able to see the child, his figure, and the smile on him wherever he goes

He thinks the same thing before closing his eyes every day: “When you open your eyes, you will wake up and find that it is just a dream.”

But he never woke up, he thought that if this was really a dream, it’s too long.

It’s too long.]

Finally, the end!!! (I also think it’s too long, ML)

Xian-laoshi, Pfuong, jhoelaf and 16 others like this.
  8. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope that two faced ZHZ gets punished by ml :mad:

Inland likes this.
  9. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s not much mention of this actually, just one scene where HZH is trembling outside ML’s office thinking ‘I’m gonna die’

I updated the previous post ^^

Finally finished it, so long QAQ

Next arc is apocalypse arc

10. Chewing

Chewing Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @cirrus74 Thanks for the summaries!!

This novel is literally stack of dog-blood, MLs being mean and feeling terrible-related drama. It's right up my guilty pleasure alley. :D:D:D
    I feel like the author wrote the MC as sort of scummy and casual, because otherwise, given what goes on in the arcs, the MC's flippancy is probably meant to lighten up the mood. Although the shou does seem real scummy for reacting the way he does, his reactions are totally on-par with a reader who's here to happily enjoy the dog-blood drama.

11. Moonmoon0023

Moonmoon0023 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anymore spoils?

12. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the 8th arc

This arc is the zombie apocalypse arc. So in the beginning MC and ML are both normal people with no abilities (but some of the best fighters) who have managed to get into the largest survivor base in the north. The leader of the base, Huo Yi takes a fancy to YM and offers Yang Qian (ML, MTL calls him Yang Gan, not that sure which is correct) 1000 points (the currency on the base) for his lover. YQ of course refuses and HY tries to kill him but is stopped by YM. It’s at this point where YM completes the mission and decides (like his usual idiot self) to make YQ hate him.

He sets it up so that YQ overhears him telling HY that he is willing to stay with him since YG is useless and cannot let him live a good life and then kisses HY to cement the point. HY then gets his subordinate to break YQ’s legs and throw him out of the base to become zombie food.

The zombies surround YQ and he thinks that he’s done for but then the despair and hatred awakened YQ’s abilities. YQ destroys the zombies and escapes. With broken legs, he lives by drinking rain water, eating plants, wild animals and even rats.

His abilities are powerful and also have healing power (? No specifics are given atm). He wants revenge but knows he can’t beat HY atm like this so he bides his time, gathering troops and consolidating smaller bases until after two years when he wages a war against HY and wins, becoming the new leader of the base. Of course, this means he takes over all HY’s property as well, including his slaves (apparently YM is considered his property also).

Forgot to mention, ML’s blackening points start at 90.

YM is collared by one of ML’s subordinates and taken to see ML. ML makes MC his sex slave and rapes him. MC is sad because his favourite person is doing such cruel things to him and ML is angry because he can choose to be with HY but isn’t even bothered to try and please him. After sex, ML kicks him off the bed but chains him to the bedpost, forcing him to sleep on the floor (but ML sneakily covers him with a blanket at night).

MC wakes up hungry, ML is having breakfast and offers him a sandwich, saying he will not treat him badly since he is his person. Just as MC is about to take the sandwich ML lets it fall to the floor.

“Eat, I was very satisfied last night. This is the expensive food you exchanged for your body. Don't waste it.” ML wants to humiliate MC and MC, after deliberation, picks it up and is about to take a bite, when ML knocks it out of his hands and leaves.

Sigh, I don’t like this arc very much. MC’s excuse feels a bit flimsy to me and right now it’s mostly abuse.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  13. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waiting for more :blobpeek:

14. Dummy

Dummy Need nyans

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I get spoilers regarding arc 5? I'm reading the raws and I see so many weird names not sure if I'll be able to follow through with the story and not sure if I should just go on with the next arc.

Also, as much as I understand why so many people hate the scum shou's personality, I feel it's really important to justify the cruel things that the ML does to the MC. If MC doesn't continually express his 'love' for ML's action, this whole story can't go on without us hating the ML and regarding him as a perverted, crazy yandere(stalker?). So, the author was able to achieve this level of dog blood drama without too much anger is mainly because of the scum shou <3 jjust my opinion:blobmelt:

15. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one is arc 5 again?

I’ve forgotten the order in which they appear.

16. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is actually really hungry and tells 888 that he can’t allow himself to eat the food on the table (though it was ML’s intention, leaving him alone with the food) because then ML will not feel sorry for him anymore. He resists the food and picks up the fallen sandwich on the floor and eats. ML is waiting outside and sees it.

ML and company decides to go out to gather resources. There is news of a small town with food storage but it is full of zombies, most people cannot hope to get back alive. MC says he wants to go as well and kill zombies and ML agrees (he wants to give him hope and then crush it) and says that “I will give you a chance... you better prove that you are useful. Otherwise, you’ll still remain a slave.” Actually, ML has no intention to let MC out from under his control.

ML is given a gun and manages to kill some zombies but ends up in a bad spot and is saved by ML using his abilities. After it is over, MC says thank you to ML and ML replies that “It was nothing, I just lifted my fingers. But trash like you, there is no use at all. You can only sell your body, you still have that little bit of worth.”

MC objects saying he can kill zombies and ML scoffs that he doesn’t have time to look after MC and were it not for him he would be dead today. MC insists that he does not need ML to protect him, he can take care of himself.

ML coldly replies “I don’t think you’ve realised it. I’m telling you the answer, not asking for your opinion. The rules of this world are made by the strongest, if I say that you are a slave, you can only be a slave.” And then ML violates MC on the sofa.

Next day, ML wraps him up in a coat and picks him up. He gets dumped into the back seat with ML. At night, MC feels cold and ML notices and pulls him into his arms. MC struggles, wanting to be set free and ML threatens to do him right here if he confinues to misbehave.

He continues “You’d better learn to please me. If you can’t even please your master, I will give you to others. Although you may not mind who you are with... but others may not be as generous as me, letting you eat till you’re full and allowing you to wear clothes. Since you want to sell yourself, then it should be to the strongest person. Don’t you think so? After all, you are a smart person, just like when you chose Huo Yi at that time.”

MC does not reply and ML thinks to himself:

In the apocalypse, as long as one is strong, one can obtain everything.

Including you.

And the weak would lose everything.

Xian-laoshi, Pfuong, jhoelaf and 10 others like this.
  17. MasterOfProcrastination

MasterOfProcrastination Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, now I have a new novel to put in my (ever growing) reading list...:blobpopcorn_cool:
    &
    Thanks everyone for the spoilers & summary! :aww::blobmelt:

18. Dummy

Dummy Need nyans

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the one after the foster father x Son arc
    Based on what i've seen, it's some futuristic world? maybe a intergalactic one not sure uhm

19. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, the interstellar one where MC was an infected human? Did someone not spoil it already? I only remember bits and pieces of it.

I could probably do it if you guys want me to. After I finish with the apocalypse arc.

Dummy and Kleep like this.
  20. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Nevermind, I don’t like the apocalypse arc so....

@vivi99

This world is set in the future where humans have formed some sort of ‘human federation’ with other peace-loving races and govern vast territories. They are powerful enough that they only have one enemy: alien beasts (外星异兽 - lit. alien animals), which are bloodthirsty creatures that prey on humans and destroy everything they touch like locusts.

Although these beasts are strong, they are scattered and primitive, with no leadership and no technology. However, one day there emerged a powerful beast called Hicks/Hix which can mentally control all the other beasts and unite them into one fighting force. One day, they defeated one of the human fortresses (MTL says Laris Fortress and I’m too lazy to figure out weird chinese-english names so everyone, just roll with the MTL names ok?) and during this battle the humans found out that Hix had a terrible ability to turn captured humans into mind controlled beasts (MTL says ‘descendants’). During this battle, Crown Prince Saan sacrificed himself so that the humans, under the leadership of Marshal Corson/Cossen, could turn the tide against the beasts.

Corson later put in place regulations to weed out these beasts/mind controlled beings posing as humans. These mind controlled beings were later termed ‘infected humans’.

Although an infected person was originally a human being, but after being transformed, no memories of being human remain. The appearance and physique may also change. The body looks completely like that of a human being, and their only role is to spy on the human federation.

Once infected people are found, they are immediately killed.

MC in the past was one such infected person, his name was Harvey. He was sent by Hix to spy on the military base and his target was Corson. With Hix’s help, he managed to contribute a lot to the war effort against the alien beasts (basically Hix sacrificed a great number of beasts so that he could rise in rank and estimation).

Harvey’s body is somewhat special because it can perfectly maintain human shape, and the gene sequence is very stable, enabling him to pass the tests and escape detection. So Hix has high hopes for him. After a couple of wars, MC became a hero and attracted the attention of Corson since he was seriously injured trying to support him. So Corson was very impressed, brought him back home to treat him and asked if he would like to join his squadron. MC ofc agreed, saying Corson is his idol.

In the next few years, they fought side by side, ‘living and dying together’ so their relationship slowly changed from subordinate-superior to comrade-in-arms to lovers. Corson confessed to him and MC accepted.

Then the mission was completed and MC had to leave. It was at this time where MC received a long-lost order from Hicks, telling him to steal important military secrets. While MC could care less about betraying Corson (you’re such a jerk MC arghhh), he draws the line at killing hundreds of millions of humans. So he decided to ignore the order—but he’ll let Corson find out his true identity so he’ll stop loving him.

To kill every single infected person, this was the order issued by Corson himself!

So MC copied a military secret backup and then quietly fled, so that Corson would find him disappearing with the secret, and would know that he was a spy. But MC was intercepted by a group of people, headed by Major Roy (100% human), who had betrayed the humans and was working for Hix.

Roy has always loved Corson and hates MC cuz he was lovers with Corson. Hix realized MC was running in the opposite direction and intended to disobey him so had sent Roy to catch MC. Then MC leaves the world and the last memory he had was being caught by Roy and sent to Hix.

Pfuong, jhoelaf, SourKandy and 9 others like this.