Spoiler (BL) The BOSS' Guide to Seeking Death

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by xiin, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Daemon Kieran

Daemon Kieran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've been using MTL to read and I'm on ch.63 Amusement Park http://m.danmei.la/book/10708/1043023.html
    QJC tells QYY that he will help her pack a donkey. Then QYY remembers how QJC packed a scorpion for the dragon boat festival. QYY also remembers her mother wanting to teach her how to pack a scorpion. I know it's some type of food but...:blobconfused:
    Help please:sushi_thankyou:

2. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pack a donkey :ROFLMAO:
    Pack a scorpion :ROFLMAO:
    Rofl

3. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    if i remember correctly it's 粽子, which is the sticky rice & meat (sometimes it's sweet fillings instead) wrapped in leaves and then steamed/boiled.

4. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    The premise of this story sounds so interesting I'd probably translate a teaser just to see what the protag's personality is like.

But wow, look at those 5k avg. word count for chapters...

Cherrypopper likes this.
  5. Daemon Kieran

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your instruction. :sushi_thankyou: as I read this thru MTL I feel my mind start dribbling, just cuz of the occasional word translation. Currently on Ch305.

6. Daemon Kieran

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished. A great novel. The MC and ML stayed true to their characters but had good development. Other characters were introduced and fleshed out accordingly. Transitions were smooth and integrated well with each other. MC and ML had a goal that they worked for and achieved. They then did a food world tour.

7. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    And created new food when they finish the eating tour

Cherrypopper likes this.
  8. Daemon Kieran

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, let's make a new type of food which destroys the local ecology but since its delicious we can keep it.:sushi_cool:

9. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    124-126
    They prepare to go out for the ceremony. NY says he plans to save people and they arm up. YXG dressed as a girl has nowhere to put weapons, so he stuffs two bombs into his ‘cleavage’ and makes them bigger and suddenly feels a lot better.

Shi Kun (the guy who brought them in) was actually the head of a small security zone. So he brings them to the ceremony~

QJC’s face tightens as he sees YMZ. In the last life, he had killed all the people who had hurt him, to the point where he was bored and didn’t want to kill anymore, but this woman was someone he didn’t want to miss out on killing. After all, this woman had cut off a lot of his flesh.

YMZ makes a speech, spreading her dark doctrine. She brings out four captives that were people NY knew from before, and starts cutting off their flesh- its obvious she wants to force NY & QJC out. But before they can make their move, helicopters fly over.

It’s a delegation from O country! They had heard that there was a solution to zombies and had gone to Zone B, but zone B knew that all hopes lay with QJC. They guessed QJC would be near zone C, and had sent Shi Shiqing to lead the delegates here. But YMZ sees them as fodder for her experiments, and continues her torture… the foreigners were shocked.

QJC can’t take it anymore. He knows that NY had been holding back for his sake because their lives are tied together now. He holds the little monkey and stands up, emitting his light powers in all directions. The people all feel cleansed as the power touches them, and the dark guards begin to roll around in pain before they fall to the ground dead.

The foreigners tell Shi Shiqing off for bringing them to a nest of demons but at the same time call QJC an angel.

The fight begins, NY is fighting off the dark angels, QJC is aiming for YMZ, even YXG pulls the bombs out of his chest and throws them at YMZ. Shi Kun (who had a crush on female!YMZ) is stunned. QJC sends light power NY’s way to help him, and heals NY’s friends.

Shi Shiqing tell the foreigners that if this angel (QJC) dies, there might not be another angel in the world, and they also join in the battle.

They end up surrounded by dark fog, QJC uses his light powers to repel the darkness but his powers are limited. They realize that YMZ has a dark stone in her hand, it’s crystalized darkness and that must be how she has done so much in this life…Zone B had found it in their past life and experimented on it, but found nothing. But YMZ knew that it was different, and in this life she had moved to get it first.

The situation is dire; people around QJC are all turning black, and QJC is already hurt. YXG knows he needs to do something – he rushes over to YMZ with determination, and blows himself up. He doesn’t kill her, but he hurts her badly.

YMZ doesn’t fight often. Now that she has been wounded, she has no intention to play anymore. She makes a real attack with the dark power… only to be met by QJC’s stone as he lifts it up. It emits dazzling white light!

It cleanses the whole area, killing the dark guards and saving the people around them. They rush over to see YXG. YMZ is screaming, “How can this be!” She used to be beautiful, but with the white light, the skin on her face began to fall off, black gas coming from her body – she looks like a monster. QJC leads everyone towards YMZ’s inner quarters.

127-128
    The white light cleared up the minds of a lot of people and made them lose their belief in the dark god cult, but NY & QJC had no time to concern themselves over this as they ran towards the inner city.

NY is carrying QJC, the rest of them are carrying NY’s friends and others, Shi Kun is carrying YXG, though it’s unknown if he’s dead or alive…

They killed their way in and came across a fingerprint-locked door. They go in and find Chu Zheng.

QJC has people grab him, and they use him as hostage. Surprisingly, Chu Zheng doesn’t fight – he also wanted to be rescued. QJC looks at him with pity – it looks like CZ was really looked up for his ‘safety’ by YMZ. QJC could see NY doing the same thing, fortunately he didn’t have that courage.

YMZ gives the orders for researchers to evacuate with the data ASAP, and then follows the path. NY is waiting for her, while cutting off a piece of flesh from his own body. He had been attacked by the dark powers before. Though he wouldn’t become a zombie thanks to QJC, he didn’t want other people’s marks on his body. The wound was quickly healed by a small ball of light that QJC threw over.

They use CZ to threaten YMZ and have her bring over the helicopters.

Now that they have a chance to rest, Shi Kun finds out that YXG is a man, and they all discouver that YXG is still alive! But without powers and unconscious…

Everyone is resting, QJC has the monkey grow some seeds for everyone to eat before he is kissed by NY. They are still in their disguise as father and son, so it looks like the father is passionately kissing his son…

QJC: “Dad.. I’m not used kissing you like this…”

129-131
    Everyone is shocked, including Chu Zheng. NY finds cleanser and removes the makeup off his face, QJC does the same, people are finally relieved, but shocked at how attractive QJC is. Shi Kun was upset at being deceived but is relieved when QJC offers to let them move their base with them for safety. Others are also relieved thinking they have a chance when they hear this.

One of the foreigners introduces himself as Ryan, and invites QJC to their country, but QJC refuses and tells them he plans to build a city instead. They are welcome to come stay in his city. QJC wants to build a place that is beautiful and full of plants.

They get out safely in the helicopters. They take CZ with them and head for the nearby safety zones. In the end of the world, people will find faith for themselves by telling themselves that “XX needs me”, or “without me, XX can’t live”. Perhaps CZ is such a person for YMZ.

QJC uses his light powers to inspire belief in the people in Shi Kun’s safety zone, making them willing to leave. They decide to leave tomorrow.

They realize they were followed. It’s YMZ, tho they make no move to attack. NY mentions to CZ that YMZ must care for him a lot. CZ says yes, but he feels she has changed into a different person. NY realizes – it had indeed changed – into a YMZ from ten years later. Fortunately both him and QJC were reborn together, otherwise it would really be difficult for them to recognize eachother.

That night, QJC & NY visit the wounded and hopeless in SK’s safety zone and heal them, and begin to preach about the god of light and saving the world that has been eroded by darkness.

They begin to make their way through the bases and villages, and their group swells to 70000 people. It should be disorganized, but with QJC’s powers & doctrine everything is smooth. People believed in him and were willing to help out. QJC continued to heal and bless people. His blessings also had deterrence factor for the zombies, and made it easier for them to fight.

132-135
    YXG wakes up under QJC’s powers, but he was brainless now… he turned stupid, but he clings tightly to QJC.

QJC is writing down his plans along the way when he sees a little girl smiling at him. QJC smiles back.

NY: Do you like children?
    QJC: Yes.

NY: Do you want children?
    QJC: What, will you give birth to one, or should I give birth to one?

QJC doesn’t understand why someone like NY would be worrying about things like this.

That night when he’s going through his rounds healing people who have become infected with dark energy, he heals a girl.. dumb!YXG then comes over and grabs her after, saying “Light!” But is forced to let her go…

Meanwhile people are disappearing, it seems to be people that QJC has healed, causing rumors to spread. That night they’re attacked by a zombie tiger. NY kills it, and they realize that everything was a ploy to try and get CZ back.

They use this incident to tell everyone that if they don’t like QJC they can leave. Nobody leaves… they start calling QJC the Son of God.

QY & Kitten show up. The Morning Light battle group has settled in and slowly expanded the area they survey, so QY and them knew they were coming. QY used his powers to teleport them directly into them camp and they are reunited.

They arrive at R city, which is where QJC plans to build his city. It’s surrounded by farmland, and relatively close to the mountains that has their secret base.

QJC becomes a level 5 ability user.

136-142
    In the last life, QJC was level 9 and everyone else was level 8, though QJC himself thought that he was only on par with NY at level 8. Anyway, QJC’s mood was strange when he levelled up, because he’s upgrading too fast. Even NY is surprised.

As they start settling in, YMZ shows up, she’s here to pick up Chu Zheng. But… CZ does not want to go.

Strangely YMZ did not come to bother them again. It seems that B zone went to give YMZ some trouble by attacking S zone.

PSC has brought some people from their own base over to R city. Amongst them is Mu Yi with her newborn child, they ask for QJC’s blessing.

The monkey brings QJC & NY to a jujube tree – it’s a date tree that has mutant powers! The dates have been eaten by the monkey, but they bring the tree back anyway. After they uproot it, they discover that the plant energy here is still very strong…

They find a condensed plant energy crystal in the soil. NY takes the crystal with him as Kitten can’t put it into her space.

They are attacked by a mutant snake on the way back, and the crystal inadvertently melds into NY’s body, and he awakens his plant powers, becoming a triple-powered level 5 ability user.

When they return to the city, QJC conveniently tosses some light power at MY’s baby, and they go to plant the date tree in the middle of the park.

QYY is attracted by the tree, and QJC gives her a date. It turns out she was a plant power! Several others are too, and QJC gives them the roots to eat, while NY feeds some plant powers into their bodies.

When they finish their awakening, their faith in QJC rises, and QJC feels that faith power entering his body.

More people arrive at the base. They’re led by the attackers from B zone that went to attack S zone and simultaneously rescued people as they made the trip over. They’re in a bad state – not enough food, many people infected…

Amongst them is a plant power level 4, who was so sure she’d be begged to stay, and starts pointing out potential problems city R would have before she even arrives. PSC greets them, but is unfazed by He Sinuo (the plant user)’s presence. Rather than fawning over her, he just asks if they need seeds while they settle down and wait to be processed for admittance. HSN is unhappy at the treatment – that’s not right!

They’ve decided to call R city the Tao Yuan Safety Zone (Tao Yuan – land of peach blossoms).

Anyway, after discussing with NY, PSC goes over the next day to begin registering the new people. Someone is sent for Lin Shengbei, who is the leader of this group from Zone B that brought everyone over, but nobody asks for HSN. She throws a tantrum.

As he’s led in, he counts… many plant powers. No wonder they don’t care about HSN. He’s led to the middle of the park, where there’s a giant tree, and in a large open space there’s a villa with beautiful red walls and green tiles, full of flowers. It’s so beautiful, he almost doesn’t dare go in.

He’s told the Son of God is waiting inside. He goes in and sees QJC, who also recognizes him. QJC accurately guesses that the reason Lin Shengbei had brought these people was to sound out QJC and his intentions. QJC agrees to take them in, but states that they would become his people. LSB has no objections, and also tells them of his intentions to stay.

Meanwhile He Sinuo is neglected outside and finally has to register herself like a normal person… when she comes in she realizes nothing was as she’d imagined. It shakes her up, and QJC also shakes her up when he asks her about the bombs planted outside of her house that almost killed NY… she goes back to her assigned rooms and is quiet.

Meanwhile SZL runs up saying she wants to get married! And asks QJC to officiate…

so many people read faster than me... :notlikeblob:

10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s because you took the time to write out the summaries

11. LazyLizzy

LazyLizzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I imagine QJC in my mind, especially when the story first started, QJC would always be sitting on a comfy seat with a lazy look and atmosphere around him, plus a King's crown on his head, watching others leisurely while on the side, just like a king:blobjoy:. Can't get that image out of my mind, even after QJC started moving.

12. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey @xiin I know you’re crazy busy with other stuff, but wondering if you have more spoilers saved and Not shared yet *wink wonk*

13. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    lol nope. i've been wanting to keep reading but i'm behind on WTMT chapters (as usual) so it'll have to wait a bit. this novel's actually been on my mind a lot this week. i still <3 it~

MiserableSOUL, Blood A, Kleep and 2 others like this.
  14. jadelin

jadelin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love WTMT so, so much. :aww:

xiin and Kleep like this.
  15. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree 1000%

I have zero complaints. I know how hard you work!

16. mechamecha

mechamecha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blood A likes this.
  17. mechamecha

mechamecha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many chapters does this novel have? In the novelupdates page it just says it’s complete

18. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm glad it got picked up... i hope they do a good job~

there's 347 chapters. it's pretty long for a BL novel.

Cherrypopper, Blood A and mechamecha like this.
  19. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    In that section right there, they are usually talking about its status in the raws

20. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    all the fluff~ :blobsmilehappyeyes:

143 cont…

QJC says that He Sinuo has the potential to become a level 7 power… NY gets jealous, “If you keep thinking about other women, I’ll do you.”
    QJC: “Could it be that if I don’t think about other women, you won’t do me?”
    NY – of course not – and directly presses QJC onto bed~

144-145

SZL is getting married to Dong Han, who is one of NY’s friends that YMZ had used as sacrifice and ultimately was saved by NY. He’s an earth power, but lost his power under YMZ’s hands.
    He Sinuo starts working the next day and starts helping them grow things. When she’s taking a break, she sees NY and the little monkey growing entire fields of wheat. A week later, after everyone’s hard work, they now have lots of food. New powers were integrated into the base, and Tao Yuan safety zone was like haven to them.
    QJC arranges an evening and has all 50k survivors gather together under the jujube tree (which is a mutated plant), and anyone who has any feelings towards the plant might awaken plant powers. Only 6 of them do. One was originally a water power, and now became a dual power!
    He people from Morning Light base (the base QJC & NY established before) all showed up too, carrying really well bred livestock with them. They had come to attend SZL’s wedding & see if they could awaken plant powers & bring their extra livestock over. There were a lot of single dogs in Morning Light base (the base that was built in the caves..) so when they saw all the new people in Tao Yuan, and the women in Tao Yuan saw them… sparks flew~ Fei Xueli had brought 2000 people from ML base, and by the time they reached the jujube tree he only had 1000 people left.
    Apparently the lettuce they had left behind in the ML base kept away the darkness from their base…

2 days later, SZL’s wedding takes place~
    QJC: “Bride/Groom, are you willing to marry the groom, face the zombies with him, and share all food with him?”
    SZL/Dong Han: “I’m willing!”

The scene is lively and colourful, but they’re suddenly interrupted by people who rush up to the base, the men inside are dirty as they come out ‘wait a minute!’
    Turns out that it’s SZL’s brother. He’s happy for their wedding, but says that he’s from the South Island Security Alliance. South Island is the biggest island to the south of the country… NY realizes that perhaps the government had made plans there all along. After talking to Shao Zhenyang, SZL’s brother, they realize they were correct. After the apocalypse, City B sent people to south island, used the army to clean up the zombies there, and intended to set it up as a place for the country’s survivors. They were able to clean it up within 3-4 months, but unexpectedly, the residents started turning into zombies!
    They guess that there must be more dark energy there than anywhere else. In fact, many wealthy/powerful people are there now, so they’re at a loss now. The people from South Island wanted to go back, and discovered that S city was a no-go, and B city is too far, so they came to Tao Yuan instead on B city’s recommendation. But even so, they’re worried about not being able to bring everyone from South Island over safely.
    QJC tells them that if they’re willing to help bring people from Yuncheng base, QJC will give them something that will help repel the zombies.
    The ‘something’ turns out to be a… lettuce.

QJC’s been raising lettuce in the past two days ever since learning about his magical lettuce back at ML base. He gives one to SZY (SZL’s bro) and promises to let him keep it if they can bring back Li Shu safely. Basically as long as he uses his light powers on the lettuce, he can make the lettuce into a light mutated lettuce!
    Shi Shiqing goes with SZY back to South Island, but before they depart, the childish YXG rushes out and says he wants to eat the light lettuce! (which they’ve now named the saint lettuce)

They give YXG the saint lettuce, QJC says if he manages to awaken light powers he’ll become a priest (of the light heh heh). SZY was originally sad about losing his saint lettuce, but QJC tells him that if he waits for YXG to awaken his power, perhaps they can bring this new ‘priest’ along. SZY waits, then brings him along.
    NY also wants to get married to QJC~
    But QJC is now being seen as a ‘god’, and he finds it strange. Poor NY is a little sad.
    Meanwhile, ZZH (Zhang Zihai) comes in with a water mutation hedgehog and says he wants to get married to PSC, wants QJC to officiate. NY is even more sad. And is even sadder when QJC ignores him and makes more light lettuces… but he gets his own back in the morning.
    YXG now has light powers! SZY, SSQ, and YXG all depart.

The people from ML base who had stayed behind to court women are all going back. QJC and NY go back with them – they brought livestock when they came, but were bringing women on the way back.
    Back at ML base, they realize the lettuces around the original light lettuce are also showing signs of light mutation.
    NY is jealous jealous jealous – everyone is getting a group wedding (ZZH & PSC, the ML base people & their new women) but he’s not!!!
    … but during the group wedding, QJC springs a surprise on him and asks him if he’d be willing to marry and spend the rest of his life with him. NY shouts the loudest he’s ever shouted in his life, “YES!!!” and everyone celebrates… and then when they turn around, they realized that the two have disappeared and the entrance to their cave is blocked by ice. (heh)
    … but he’s rejected for sex by QJC, who says they still have a banquet to attend and he’s hungry!
    That night, QJC’s distracted by the new lettuces, and NY can do nothing but make seeds… though they do eventually get around to the wedding night. :blobnosebleed:

148-150
    They return to TY base. They find another person with light powers – a little girl called Lin Jia that QJC had met before. Her family had originally been believers of the dark god, which was why it took them so long to speak up. QJC takes her in as a student and apprentice light priest.
    QJC starts bringing Lin Jia out with him to cleanse the land and bless the people.
    Meanwhile, rumors start to spread out in the base about QJC and Lin jia being a match made in heaven – many people know about QJC and NY, but the ordinary folk don’t all know. While the rumors begin to circulate, QJC and PSC agree to build a temple and have Lin Jia go over there and bless people who have been hurt or infected by darkness, which helps disperse the rumors somewhat…
    A woman is found pregnant in the base! This is amazing news – it means there’s hope for the future. This set off a wave, and many other women were also found to be pregnant, SZL included.

Dong Han, SZL’s husband comes up and wants to talk to NY. It turns out that Dong Han and the others NY saved from Yao Mengzhi’s hands were actually spies planted by YMZ, she tortured them and told them to blame NY, and then forced them to agree to be her spies.
    When they came to the base, they couldn’t hate QJC who was the bringer of light, but they could hate NY, who they justified had no right to stay by QJC’s side. So they planted bombs and a trap outside of the city and wanted to kill him.
    Now that SZL’s pregnant, it became the last straw on the camel’s back and Dong Han doesn’t want to do that anymore… so he confesses. QJC kicks him, NY kicks him, but other than that they let it go. After all, he came clean and is about to have a baby… they also send a psychologist to help Dong Han.
    This also led to them cleaning up the base and killing or kicking out another dozen or so spies.
    Meanwhile, some of the other men have also started finding love and shacking up with other men, which is good for the stability of the base since there aren’t enough women to go around…
    The gossip about QJC and Lin Jia come to a head, and He Sinuo actually suggests Lin Jia to tell QJC about her feelings so that she can know once and for all.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Seteen, Heungbo, grossgirl and 18 others like this.