Spoiler (BL)The Earth is Online

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ThePinkHotPot, May 2, 2018.

1. rainbowturtle

rainbowturtle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is genetic recombination. Anything else is unknown except for the fact that someone else previously had the ability.

Anuska likes this.
  2. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you <3

3. Haigi

Haigi Skimming Binge Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    and that the tower system doesn't want them to know why. (Going as far as to stop the game masters from giving info as a reward.)
    Smells like a big plot. Probably gotta wait for the two to take the final step to reveal the entirety of his power.

Anuska likes this.
  4. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What can he do except turning his body into metal?

5. Wondy7

Wondy7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the moment that's what it has been shown, maybe later other aspects of it will be revealed, like recently, when he said that his ability makes him heal faster. Another character also said he "supress" his ability.
    Nonetheless even with these "limitations" he's still OP, maybe the things he can do at the moment with his ability sounds simple, but when you mix it with his background he's pretty OP, more than he was a already.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Ease and Anuska like this.
  6. Wondy7

Wondy7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After an european player passed the fith floor, the tower announced that every other region had to clear it too or after three days all the players on it would be forced to attack the tower. Besides it also said that the first three teams (I think) to pass the sixth floor will get as a reward information about the seventh floor and that it has to be made before another version of the tower updated at this moment it was the 4.5 version)
    TM , FW and CS entered the tower (the girl was still on the 2 floor) and played against two players that were mentioned at the beginning of the returneers arc (Pete and David). There was a point in the game were FW asked to be shown how he could kill TM in order to fool the other two players and let them think that there wasn't deep feeling between them and they won't care if the other died. The rewards on this game were based on the number of people that were successful to win the game, so later when FW made them think he was ready to kill TM they were happy to join him. Of course it was trap and the other two ended dead, but at the end of that chapter TM said how it was a relief that they didn't play against MX because she knows that FW will never betray one of his teamates and how TM was a teammate and was still his lover (he didn't said this part out loud though).

During this game the rusian guy went to the camp of "election" to ask where was MX. She was close by and after hearing that he was seraching for him she approached him. They started to fight each other but stopped after sometime because she said she needed to attack the tower and he realized he couldnt kill her (I'm doubting my memory on this part)

When TM and FW went to a near tower in order to enter to the sixth floor, FW said that TM should take his ability soon, it was just a couple of minutes before the game ended but after hearing this TM kissed FW on the lips (just a little peck). They arrived at the tower but they couldn't enter it, there was a message saying how there was an error in the data.
    After other attempts to enter they encountered BR who said to them that the error could be due that the tower wanted them to wait for other regions to reach the sixt floor and if they have thought about the things that would change with the 5.0 version (based on a previous announcement of it). They had speculated the same thing as BR on both cases, the second one being that the new version would featured the chance to play with other regions, but becaue BR said them as a fact, they suspect that the boss that helped him , said to him much more than what he says. (apparetnly this boss surname is "White")
    Before he left BR sugessted to make a team with team.

It hadn't been long since BR left when the tower said how four regions didn't have a single person that cleared the fifth floor and thus every player on it had to attack the tower. When a russian player cleared, it was announced that the attack for the russian region had ended. Sadly, there was a region that couldn't make it before the new version updated, it was South Asia.

The children with the doctor enter the game and passed the flour floor. TM was admiring the doctor's ability because she heals super fast, he expressed his desire to have it but laments that with her level, he could only get it by killing her and he's not gonna do it. FW mentions that his ability lets him heal faster too, it's not in the same speed as the doctor but it's faster than regulars player so once again he wanted to ask to TM when will he get his ability but got interrupted by the tower (saying about SA region)
    In the night they go to FW house to grab some guns. The guns were on FW's bedroom behind a secret door that openned after removing a book of the shelf. While they were putting them on bags FW says that one of them is for beginners like TM, the latter gets angry and was about to go when FW stops him, puts the gun on TM's chest and starts to slip it until his pocket. This a romantic moment because while he was putting the gun on his pocket FW adds that it was his first gun and that he was giving it to his number one person.
    TM was surprised and after staring at each other for a while they kiss and have sex (but it was barely described). So now TM has FW's ability but he hasn't read the restricions of its use.

It is the 5.0 version and they are about to enter the six floor along with all the people that has reached this stage in the world (30 individuals including BR, RG, MX, NG )

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  7. keinnan

keinnan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really loved how intimate and sweet the whole section in chapter 210 was and have re-read it about ten times, so here's a rough translation!

Fu Wenduo: "I'm returning home to get some weapons."

Tang Mo: "I'll go with you."

The two left Election's headquarters after six in the evening and headed to Fu Wenduo's house next to the Forbidden City. They couldn't afford to be delayed by getting pulled into any instances if they wanted to be the first to clear the sixth level of the Black Tower, so they waited until after six o'clock to avoid the possibility.

When they reached the two-story building, Fu Wenduo pushed open the door and paused: "Someone's been here."

Tang Mo looked up at him.

Fu Wenduo: "The place has been ransacked."

The two men searched it carefully but didn't find anyone else in the house. Tang Mo speculated: "It should be that players passed through looking for supplies, and left after not finding anything."

Any food and water in the house was already taken by other players long before Tang Mo and Fu Wenduo arrived in Beijing. The ones still ransacking buildings could only be searching for weapons. Unfortunately, they were doomed to come up empty.

Fu Wenduo took Tang Mo to the second floor and went to the room on the innermost side of the hallway. This was Fu Wenduo's bedroom, with a simple and clean design: there was only one bed, one desk, and a row of bookshelves. The desk was mahogany, and each piece of furniture reflected the simplicity of the last century, their history clear at a glance.

Fu Wenduo walked to the third bookshelf to pull out a book: "Outline of Undersea Weaponry", and open it.

Tang Mo saw a metal U-shaped bookmark tucked between the pages that Fu Wenduo took out and inserted into a small inconspicuous groove between the two bookshelves. With a sudden creaking sound, the bookshelves shifted, and Fu Wenduo reached out to fully pull them apart, revealing hundreds of black lacquered guns that suddenly appeared before of the two.

"Guns that are too unwieldy aren't convenient to use. You keep my handgun, and I'll grab a few more."

Tang Mo nodded: "Alright."

The two put various weapons and ammunition into their backpacks, and Fu Wenduo also grabbed some grenades that Tang Mo didn't recognize. Seeing Tang Mo staring at the grenades, Fu Wenduo took down a long silver-white tubular weapon, and hefted it by the handle: "M70 anti-tank grenade launcher, the prototype model is 80. This is an improved version, which is still in secrecy and hasn't been fully introduced into use by the military. Although the Black Tower props are very powerful, this kind of heavy artillery can also produce a massive explosion."

Tang Mo: "Anti-tank? It can blow up a tank?"

Fu Wenduo's lips quirked: "It can blow up a building."

As Fu Wenduo closed the bookshelves back up, his eyes landed on a black handgun hanging on the wall. He grabbed it quickly before the bookshelves shut completely and handed the gun to Tang Mo.

Tang Mo looked at him with surprise: "What?"

"I used this gun often when I was a child. The recoil isn't strong, very user-friendly."

Tang Mo stared at him for a moment before sneering and refusing the gun: "Suits you."

Fu Wenduo raised an eyebrow as he kept his hand with the gun outstretched, watching Tang Mo who rarely showed any emotion actually look so angry, it was worth taking in the moment.

Tang Mo frowned: "What are you looking at."

Fu Wenduo's eyes were dark: "This gun is really suitable for novices." Like you.

Tang Mo: "..."

This insult was too much to take!

Packing up the weapons they wanted to take with them, Tang Mo was prepared to turn around and leave when suddenly, something cold was held against his chest. He stopped and looked back at Fu Wenduo: "?"

Fu Wenduo's fingers moved and the gun was slipped easily into Tang Mo's pocket, the movement so smooth and natural that Tang Mo didn't even react.

Tang Mo thought it was funny and took the gun out of his pocket.

Fu Wenduo told him: "This is the first gun I ever used."

Tang Mo glanced at the gun before his gaze landed back on Fu Wenduo.

The clear moonlight shone through the window and into the room, with shadows of trees making patterns on the ground. Fu Wenduo's eyes were dark, his gaze heavy, fixed on Tang Mo. After a long moment, his lips quirked in a small smile: "And I'm giving it to the first person I ever liked."

Tang Mo's pupils trembled slightly: this single person was reflected in his gaze, and he in theirs. Only him.

The kiss fell quickly, initially light and feathery, turning gradually aggressive, with the tense atmosphere of a long-awaited event.

This bed still held the smell of Fu Wenduo, and the clean and light scent of it filled Tang Mo's senses when he buried his face against the sheets. The shadow of tree branches covered them, Tang Mo's hand still clutched tight on the gun, and the bed shook steadily as they grappled atop it.

Tang Mo opened his eyes, sweat dripping down his face, and the sexy and aggressive look of Fu Wenduo seemed to pierce his heart. He pulled Fu Wenduo down against him and pressed a kiss to his throat.

Tang Mo gasped harshly as his fingers clenched and a bullet was shot from the gun, reaching then to grab his abilities book out of the air. He flipped to the last page, only catching the six words on the first line: "power: genetic recombination", before he was yanked down again.

The abilities book was thrown to the ground by its owner.

It was only a pity that each ability could only be copied once, and the level couldn't be increased even if the requirements were fulfilled again. Tang Mo felt for a moment that it wasn't economical to take the ability now, but it was only a passing thought before he was pulling Fu Wenduo down to roughly press their lips together, kissing him hard.

In the early morning, Tang Mo and Fu Wenduo returned Election's headquarters and checked on the two children's safety. They completed their preparations, and at 13:30 on June 18th, came to the Black Tower with Yuan Wangshu and Yu Zheng. Ordinary players hiding in the dark quietly watched these advanced players who were ready to challenge the sixth level.

8. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!

AndThisIsWhy likes this.
  9. Ddragonesse

Ddragonesse 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    How unusual. Stories from this author normally do have uncencored and more detailed smut scenes for their first time. (gosh, I sound like a perv)
    But TM why did you not read the details of the ability before going back!

Rangeles likes this.
  10. GaiaJupiter

GaiaJupiter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably censorship started to kick in.

11. keinnan

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree! I thought at first the website I was reading it off of didn't copy the smutty bits, but then several websites were the same. We can only hold out hope for more detailed smut scenes in the future!

LOL ikr, please satisfy our burning curiosities Tang Mo. But I've noticed that in this story the author does this a lot? Where they'll skip ahead and then reveal what happened before that point. Like with how they usually explain the intricacy of the game afterwards? We'll probably find out the details of Fu Wenduo's ability when Tang Mo ends up using it at some point (hopefully in this latest game!) I'm dying to know what happens next, since everyone in the story seems to know this game called "暴风雪山庄"? (Google says this translates to "Storm Snow Mountain Villa"?? The instructions sound kind of like Mafia/Werewolf with everyone trying to vote out/kill the werewolf while the werewolf's trying to get them to hang innocent players.)

...also, is anyone else growing kind of fond of Bai Ruoyao?

There was a bit in one of the latest chapters where Tang Mo and Fu Wenduo run into him in a maze where they're all being chased by Black Tower monsters and Tang Mo is thinking to himself that at this moment, even this psychopath isn't so unsightly, since Bai Ruoyao can at least be counted on to cooperate with them against the monsters. And then there was that hilarious scene of the Circus Master holding onto Bai Ruoyao while he and Tang Mo are dangling off the side of a ship, and seeing if Tang Mo will drop him to save himself...and Tang Mo's just like, "why wouldn't I?" Circus Master, you weren't there ten chapters ago when Tang Mo had a knife to Bai Ruoyao's throat and when asked what he's going to do, was dead-eyed like, "kill him." And Bai Ruoyao was all "aren't you going to at least discuss this with your teammates??" And Tang Mo locked eyes with Fu Wenduo like, "what do you think?" Fu Wenduo: "Kill him." LOL.

But anyways! Tang Mo ends up not ruthlessly dropping him bc Bai Ruoyao promises him a favour if he saves his life? And the following exchange had me laughing so hard:

Tang Mo: "Don't forget, you owe me a favour."

Bai Ruoyao replies sadly: "Tang Tang, in your heart, is my life is only worth a favour?"

Tang Mo raised his eyebrows: "Of course not."

Bai Ruoyao, feeling something isn't quite right: "..."

The next moment, Fu Wenduo cut in front of him and pulled Tang Mo away, leaving only this sentence: "Your favours also aren't worth much."

Bai Ruoyao: "..."

"Tang Tang, Major Fu, you're bullying me!"

Yasmine bezzi, Ease, Rangeles and 5 others like this.
  12. Wondy7

Wondy7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also searched and found out that it's not a game but a trope "The Snowstorm Villa Model"
    Here: https://www.coursehero.com/file/31006556/the-Snowstorm-Villa-Modelpptx/
    That's why everyone knew what kind of game it was.

(I read your other comment and must said that I thought that it was simple but nice the way the author described their intercourse. Even if I was expecting a little bit more of words for it, because it was the first time for both, at the end it was "pretty". Plus you can tell they changed positions...while doing it)

BR seems to know a lot of things..

keinnan likes this.
  13. keinnan

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh, that's really interesting! *feels infinitely less intellectual than everyone in this novel LOL* Thanks for sharing!

(Yes, totally agreed! I really love the progression of their relationship throughout this story? Even though it's been over 200 chapters until they finally fell in bed together, it feels like every relationship landmark's been really earned ;w; Also there's a hilarious bit in the next chapter where they enter the game separately but are communicating with the eggs, and Fu Wenduo tells Tang Mo to stay put while he goes to him, and when he gets there he realizes...Tang Mo made a dummy on the ground with his clothes in case Fu Wenduo wasn't the first person to find him. And then he's staring at Tang Mo's bare legs like, it's good that I found you first. Tang Mo just, "nothing you haven't seen before". It's so cute that they can now be so casual with each other aaaa).

Yeah! I wonder if we're ever going to meet the Black Tower boss that supposedly told him everything bc they're also surnamed Bai and feel a kinship with him??? *Like Tang Mo, has been trying to think of all fairy tale characters surnamed "White"* I can only think of Snow White, but then again it seems Cinderella is named "Wang Xiaotian" in this? I'm not sure whether that's a Chinese thing, as I'm not familiar with fairy tales in Chinese, so it could be literally...anyone. And also knowing Bai Ruoyao, he could just be bullshitting out his ass, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rangeles, Ease, Haigi and 1 other person like this.
  14. Wondy7

Wondy7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the same! I was pretty dumbfounded reading that everyone knew what type of game it was and even when they said its name I was "so what's that?" But after I read the information in that link I thought "ah, so that's why everyone instantly knew the type of game"

Their relationship development is quite cute, I like that even if at first they were in love with the other internet version, it can also be said that they fell in love with each other for a second time after interacting in person (imo).
    Their first kiss (the little peck TM gave to FW)..at first I thought "what? It happened just like that?" But then I went to read that part again and realized that it was perfect for them, I love how it was spontaneous and simple. I experienced something similar with the bed scene, the only difference is that I got paranoid about like "what is going to make TM need FW ability?" I know at the end they didn't do it for this purpose but I couldn't help thinking about it.

I read that part you mention! It was really funny how TM was so nonchalant.
    I remember that BR said that he needs to get to the seventh floor? And that made me more curios about what he knows and how he knows it? How did he get information?

I also wonder what it's going to happen after they pass the last floor? Will the story? What about the previous owners of the abilities?
    I'm so curious with a lot of things.

Rangeles likes this.
  15. DimensionalRoamer

DimensionalRoamer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm up to date with the most recent chapter (checking everyday, rip, i'm totally obsessed) and I need someplace to vent/talk about it...
    whaaattttt Bai Ruoyao died wtf!!!!! and in the author's note she said it had been planned for a long time. wow, I wasn't expecting it at all, like there were no death flags or anything. I mean, I didn't like him too much, but he was still a familiar character.... it's kinda shocking :/

16. Heyu

Heyu Not enough space

Reading List:
    Link
    The Earth Online / The Earth IS Online

:sweating_profusely:

17. keinnan

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, yeah... Everyone in this is still so smart though?? Like I would not have been able to pass a single instance that Tang Mo has passed thus far. ;w;

Yes, definitely agreed! They were fated to be a match! I love that it's Fu Wenduo who's supposedly the by the rules military person who actually thinks experimentally and outside the box, while Tang Mo is really methodical and reasons everything through and takes the safe bets. They really bring out the best in each other!

YESSS it was so sweet! And Tang Mo then checking the book like hmph, as I thought. (Gotta get to third base, cough). And yes, haha. I feel like at first Tang Mo was all like, "we don't need to sell ourselves bc of the Black Tower", but then later when it became obvious that they were both into each other, he had more of an attitude like, "I should save this until the last minute bc I can't get Fu's ability again LOL". Meanwhile Major Fu is impatiently eating vinegar on the side like, stop eyeing up everyone else's ability MINE IS THE BEST.

AHHHHH, I'M DYING. Will we never find out why the seventh floor was so important to BR now?!? lskdjflaj!! I can't believe he died just like that when I was growing so fond of him in the recent chapters. But now I'm wondering if he got so much attention in the latest chapters bc the author was preparing to off him sob sob sob.

sldkfjlkaj in some ways, it feels like we're really close to the end? These last few levels have gone by so quick! And people are dropping like flies in this Snowstorm Villa game *clutches at heart* I believe in this author's ability to blow our minds away with the reveal though, we just have to...survive the suspense until then...!

Wondy7, wildthorn and Ddragonesse like this.
  18. keinnan

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read it and am also reeeeeeeeling. I wasn't expecting it at all either, and was wondering what kind of favour Tang Mo was going to end up getting out of him sldfjak!! But in retrospect, I feel like he's gotten a lot of spotlight in the last few chapters, and that was probably a big sign that he was about to bite the dust. So many unanswered questions!!

19. DimensionalRoamer

DimensionalRoamer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dun dun dun so now as of most recent chapter Tang Mo, the silver haired old man, and Abdullah are the three with night wandering privileges! Who do yall think is the black tower monster?? I honestly have no idea. Also anyone remember who Abdullah is and what country he's from aha. And once again rip Bai Ruoyao, feeling slightly sad for him again.

Also, anyone else feel like Tang Mo will use the turkey egg to keep husband Fu in the loop with everything that's happening aha and everything he discovers

20. Wondy7

Wondy7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The end does feels feels near, but I mostly hope the author wrap everything well!
    BR! I was so curios about the boss who gave him information..he knew a lot of things so I think that there's a great chance of him being mentioned in later chapters.