Recommendations (BL) VRMMO Setting

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by LittleGardenia, Mar 5, 2020.

1. LittleGardenia

LittleGardenia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I just read Momocatt's novel, Haven Online and I've become obsessed with the idea of a BL novel with a similar setting to Moonlight Sculptor, Ark, and 1/2 Prince. Sadly, I usually only find bl novels set in an e-sports setting—not that I'm complaining, I find a lot of them to be really good reads—however, it's not exactly the VRMMO feels I'm looking for.

If you have any similar reccommendations, drop 'em here. Thank you as always.

Kuraichan and cursebreaker like this.
  2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s “Lost Temple,” but the translation needs quite a bit of editing. (It’s not MTL, though.)
    There’s “Race to (Be) the Top,” “I am the Lucky Cat of an MMORPG,” and “Waiting For You Online.”

Out of the above, I recommend “Lucky Cat” the most.

3. con

con Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am the lucky cat of an mmorpg

LittleGardenia likes this.
  4. tofuironekosan

tofuironekosan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely agree with Anra, I am the Lucky Cat of an MMORPG is very cute and as it's set with a VR MMORPG the game aspect is probably more important to the storyline/setting than in some other titles.
    A few other game-related novels you might like:
    After Brushing Face At The Apocalypse’s Boss For 363 Days -> MC enters the apocalyptic game world whilst he is sleeping
    Love You 59 Seconds -> MC plays an online game whilst he stays in his university dorm and meets the ML online
    Master of Trading Star Card Game -> the game played in this novel is a card type MMORPG ( so it is a bit more esports-esque in the way they compete in matches with their card sets) but they do grind for materials etc whilst in VR which might be similar to a traditional MMORPG

LittleGardenia and Anra7777 like this.
  5. LittleGardenia

LittleGardenia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds very interesting! Thankssu~
    Just checked. Ain't completely translated yet, but iz fine. I'mma wait (*_*)
    Ooooohhh! MTSCG sounded very interesting, too bad not a lot of chapters are out yet, but it's now officially added to my reading list. Thank you so much!

6. Dari

Dari Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These aren't exactly VRMMO, but they are game-related:
    - Vanguard of Eternal Night. It's soo good, and the translation is smooth as butter.
    - God Level Summoner
    - You Boys Play Games Very Well
    - The Antelope and the Night Wolf

7. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you feel about horror undertones? And romances so slow, you're not even sure who the ML even is or if the MC is really gonna bend forty chapters in? It sounds bad when I put it like that, but I quite like it this way. Yaoi and shounen ai tend to make sure you know it's a yaoi and shounen ai, and I like that this one is discreet and realistic, or at least as realistic as a story about a guy along with a bunch of other people getting sucked into a horror game can be.

Oh, I hadn't even given the title yet. It's 'Welcome to the Nightmare Game'. It's not a VRMMO, as he is very much stuck and at risk in the game, but all the yaoi ones I know have been mentioned, and this one is really good, whether it's the horror elements, the characterization of side characters (a shounen ai where a female can randomly save the day instead of getting in the way!), and a slow burn weak-to-strong MC which guarantees character evolution. It's book one of three, but it's looking like a fun ride so far, so I'll recommend it here.

8. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Return of the God Level Assassin. This one is also a Webnovel original like Haven Online. It's VR and full of fluff. :X3:

LittleGardenia likes this.
  9. FlowingTime

FlowingTime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's an arc in "Who touched my Tail" that has a vrmmo like setting
    There's "Game Loading"... It isn't exactly a vrmmo but it has.... Games?... Maybe one game like arc then... The rest are closer to a QT
    Maybe "Card Room" too... But its closer to Game Loading than a vrmmo