Recommendations BL with transgender character?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Moonpearl, Sep 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know any BL with a trans man (FtM) character? I don't mean just a background or supporting character, but someone who's at least in a BL ship.
    (I also don't mean a cis woman gender bent into "being a man". Stuff like "Watashi, Dokidoki Renai Kakumei de Onii-chan Yattemasu" is a no-no.)

I'll take manga, translated stories, original English stories, online comics... Maybe even some published fiction. Whatever you've got, I'll take, basically~!

2. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats really hard. Im sure there's English stories like that. But for Eastern Asia media haven't seen one. You have to remember BL is made mostly for a female audience and unfortunately a lot of people still don't think of transgender men as "men". So to them a BL manga/manwha/manuha would be the same as a hetero one.

But there's one manwha called ciel where there was a gay couple where one person used to be a female. Its a really sad manwha all around. But the side couple had a happy ending if I remember correctly

Moonpearl likes this.
  3. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll give it a try, thank you~!

I know a BL like this would likely be rare, but I do know a couple of yuri with a transgender woman, so I thought I'd ask anyway.

AliceShiki and theilikepie like this.
  4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    If you’re okay with fanfiction, FtM trans characters seem a growing thing in the Kingdom Hearts fandom on AO3. Saïx/Isa seems to be the current most popular one, but there are a few other characters too, like Sora and Demyx.

Moonpearl likes this.
  5. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, now that's a trend I can celebrate! I'll definitely check those out. Thank you~!

6. Misstee

Misstee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Moonpearl likes this.
  7. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of those aren't BL, unfortunately. Although I have read some Kamen Rider Double fanfiction where Shotaro was trans... I guess I can go hunting through my old fandoms for works like that.

I would prefer original works though, I think. XD

8. Eddie1080

Eddie1080 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not transgender - it's just mpreg (male pregnancy).

10. ky_s

ky_s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a trend on Wattpad fujoshis transmigrating into boy characters in novels/system world hoppings but I don't have much on it.

- 'cannon fodder will rise! System' (tomboy mc learns there was a mistake at placing her soul at her original life)

- 'fujoshi trapped in a seme's perfect body' (ultra perverted fujoshi wakes up as a boy and her rotten day dreams turn into full raged hardies)

Plus, there is always hope under the female to male tag on nu.

11. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Those are all typical gender benders, where cisgender women "become" men. Thank you for trying, but I did say I don't want this kind of novel.

12. ky_s

ky_s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems you are looking for hardcore surgery pain inflicted transformation. I read a side character in a mm book but don't remember name. She underwent operation to get her d*ck, was taking drugs, had psychotherapy sessions, had painful gay relationship after turning into male. She wasn't mc so there's no need to search for the title I think.

tabushechka likes this.
  13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I don't need the character to undergo a surgery. Their body isn't important.

14. ky_s

ky_s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ....Invisible Dragon?

15. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
  16. basil-kun

basil-kun New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came here to see if anyone had any good recommendations, but it turns out I know more than anyone here???

These manga have been on my reading list for a while lol:

The first one I can think of is a manga called Yuureitou or The Ghost Tower. It's a seinen mystery manga with a male protagonist, and it seems to be hinting at a possible romance with another character who is AFAB but presents as male. I'm not sure if it's going to go down the path of BL or straight romance yet because I've only read a few chapters, but it does seem worth a try (from what I've seen, the guy does seem like he is trans and not just a tomboy). It has 80 chapters and is completed, but only ~70 have been translated so far.

The second one I haven't read any of it yet but does seem promising too. It's called Baraou no Souretsu or Reqiuem Of The Rose King. It's a historical supernatural manga that seems Shakespeare inspired?? The biggest problem is that updates seem to be really slow, I'm not sure if that's because of the translators or original manga. I think the MC might be intersex instead of AFAB, but I'm not sure since I still haven't gotten around to reading it.

So yeah, hope I helped a bit. It would be great if anyone else knew some BL with FTM characters because I really want to read some when I get the time.

Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, thank you~! I've heard of "Yuureitou", but I was hesitating to read it for some reason. It looks like it's totally translated over on Mangadex, so I'll try reading it there soon.

I still haven't really found any others, although the number of GL with trans women is increasing.

basil-kun likes this.