Spoiler Blinded by the Setting Sun

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Khloud2003, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Khloud2003

Khloud2003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Description:
    The witch Hildegar, who received the blessing of the Sun Goddess Karia, is known far and wide for her fearsome reputation.
    The Northerner Elkin, who lost his homeland, chases after the witch towards a nameless castle...
    -
    https://mangadex.org/title/50120
    Spoiler please

2. Choct15

Choct15 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The northerner was able to cure the witch. So he was hired by Griselda, the right hand of Hildegar.

Elkin moved in the castle, while unpacking in his room Hildegar bumped into him and fell on top of him.

Hildegar was thinking whether to kill him or not, since he saw her. ( no one except for Griselda and Heidi(?) Knows the face and identity of the owner of the castle, Hildegar). While processing her thought, Elkin asked her if she was hurt and thought she was a maid/ lady-in-waiting.

So Elkin, unknowingly saved himself.

Hildegar was also thinking that it may not be worth killing him, since he's the only one who can alleviate her symptoms on her peculiar illness

3. Choct15

Choct15 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Super funny chapter but I know my spoiler won't do justice HAHAHAH

She tries to help around the castle.

Attempt to start a fire= FAILED.
    - she almost burnt the building

Attempt to chopping food = FAILED.
    - she broke the chopping board. In her defense, she wanted to chop quickly but at the end she didn't chop well.

At first Elkin thought of Kaia as a kitten who follows him around. After some time, seeing her expression-- it's more of a tiger watching her prey closely.

4. Sitron17

Sitron17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but who iq elkin? what he search ? who is he really ?
    whats is the illness of the witch ?

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  5. klarity

klarity Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Super nice manhwa, total chapter as of now is just 11 and the scanlation group is doing a pretty good job! They are at chap 8 already!

6. klarity

klarity Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As of now there are only few chapter that are published. you can read the manhwa on any website

7. eardun

eardun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does this series have a novel?

bleedingliar24 likes this.
  8. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new blonde guy/guard is sent there to actually spy. He doesn't know the Sun Knight's face but he was sent there to investigate. When he met "Kaia", he fell in love at first sight. He looks up to Griselda as his superior. He was told his duty is to guard the place and he doesn't need to report his actions and can act on his own discretion as long as he could keep any suspicious people out. He wasn't able to meet the doctor during the tour so when he met the MC, he thought he was an invading northerner. He attacked the bewildered MC. Kaia stopped him and berated him for attacking the mistress' doctor. He was shocked. Kaia treat MC's injured arm (bandaging it too tight) while Griselda scolds(?) him for the mistake. He apologized to Griselda but it seems he has bias against MC because he's a northerner. He also had a brush against Griselda's little sister. This guy keeps digging holes he shouldn't dig. He tries to be chummy with Kaia but she ignores him. I think he tried to talk with MC about it for some advice, but MC brushed him off. There's a funny part that seems to be him describing Kaia in a flattering manner but all MC could think about is her cold predator nature. It seems he's starting to like her though, but not yet there.

Little sister is nice and awesome.

Well, that's what I understood from the raws.

9. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C
    Correction: He was just asking about Kaia. It was the MC who was actually praising her, saying she was a bit strange and unfazed on most things (as he remembered her cold behavior) but she's definitely better than the guard.. lmao

New guy felt so angry after hearing that and the door shut on his face. Lol

bleedingliar24, Hiura, Ahmya and 3 others like this.
  10. missbluesunglasses

missbluesunglasses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! I'm surprised there's not more comments about this story...must not have a novel?? Thank you for the spoilers you've provided so far! I think the manhwa has caught up to that point now.

11. Mifried

Mifried Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I read 22/23 so I think I can provide you some spoiler in case you haven't read it yet
    So, they prepared a welcoming party for the blondie, while everyone was at it, the bkond knight started to say things about war and to say bad things about Northerns, MC was having a bad time but he didn't want to say anything to ruin the mood until he defended his motherland saying that they didn't have all the fault of the war but then he also said that it doesn't change anything speaking about that since it's all in the past .
    He's such a cutie
    After that, the blondie gets mad,blaming him for the suffering knights had, also saying that he would have liked to kill a northern as a revenge but that was a pity that when he finished the academy, war was over.
    After that, MC got up and said that he would cool down and Kaia went after him inmediatly, leaving the dinner room and the blondie heartbroken because she doesn't give a f*CK about him.
    While the blondie was frustrated that everyone was nice to a northern, Griselda explained to him that even though he Is a Northern, he's reliable. Adding that a knight shouldn't act as he did.
    Kaia found MC outside, so she invites him to walk together to cool down, MC appreciate that she let him has his time and doesn't speak about what have just happened.
    Kaia said about her family situation, her parents divorced and let her to her luck but she was picked up and brought here by someone (I think she refers to the King) so that's why she can't understand how he feels because she doesn't have a sense of belonging to anywhere but she stays where she is because things are like that. Thinking internally, MC agreed on that: he doesn't have a home to return but he has people who care for him so that's the important, he decides to ignore the ones who hate him since he lives for the ones that love him.
    They return and the blondie apologized for his behaviour and all of them return to eat together. MC also thanked Kaia, she seemed to be happy for that.
    But... He also thinks that if he has to blame someone, that wouldn't be the Knights,that would be the Sun's Knight and the imperial family.
    After that, 6months go by and Hildergar(Kaia) had to finally attend a meeting with the king so she has to leave for a day or so with Griselda
    This is explained to MC and the blondie, MC wanted to go since he wants to enter the Imperial city and it would be a good façade that if the lord(Hildergarl ) had the symptoms again,he could help her inmediatly but Griselda doesn't let him and stopped the blondie who also wanted to go with them
    Kaia and company left to the city while leaving tha castle on hands of the blondie
    In the afternoon, there was a big fire on the city near them so they go to the castle to ask for help since there are many injured people, even though the blondie didn't want to help them because they can't go out, he finally lets MC go and have all the people in the castle to go help to extinguish the fire.
    Well, that was long to write.
    Let me tell you that it's too much a coincidence that just when the lord and her close subordinates leave, this happens and the members in the castle leave it practically empty.
    Let's wait to see what will happen
    I only did a summary of what I read in the manwhas and I have no ide if there's a novel.

12. missbluesunglasses

missbluesunglasses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my gosh, thank you so much for taking the time and going out of your way to share extra spoilers with us. <3 Super appreciate it. So far, what are everyone's theories about how the rest of the story will go down?

Kaia and MC seem to have a friendly relationship (although it's probs due to him being her doctor ha) but I wonder if this is gonna be a slow-build up to their relationship (if they have one) or if they'll wind up experiencing some stuff together which forces them to gain feelings fast. I think I'm fine with either or since the story writing is so cute and good! But can y'all imagine how much angst there's gonna be once Mc finds out FL's real identity? :eek:

Also the king is super sketchy. Although he does neet sun warrior, I feel like he's gonna betray her in some way or try to kill her off at some point even if he's already tried secluding her.

13. pupupupu

pupupupu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers! Tbh, the king is super sketchy especially with the fact that he’s scared of losing his position. I bet the king was partly responsible with her current condition if he’s still keeping an eye on her.

14. Mifried

Reading List:
    Link
    Well
    Chapter 24 is out
    Its not much but it saddens me
    Its already night
    MC gets to the village, the situation is horrible, people twisting in pain with painful burns, MC has never seen something like that and he's not sure what to do, he's a pharmacist but that's all.
    He doesn't have appropriate equipment nor medicine. What's more, he knows he doesn't have enough for everyone, he wants to do something but it's not sure of what he should do
    A villager said him to go away since he's not able to do anything so he runs away while the rest of the people of the castle is trying to set the fire down... Griselda's sister saw him and tried to have him returned with the injured people but he's crying and having a break down
    Looking at people suffering so much because of the fire had him though how horrible must have been his parents' death, whom died because of the Sun witch
    Yes, as you can assume, Kaia/Hildergarl just came back of going to the castle and listened him said that

15. Mifried

Reading List:
    Link
    Well,25 is out
    Again, there's no much to say but
    When Hildergarl went to the castle to have a meeting with the emperor (as he had called her several times) they got to know that the emperor had went to another place so if they wanted to meet them, they would have to wait at least 4 days. Hildegardl→ no fucking way, I don't care enough, I will see him next time (it wasn't like this but her way was like that). It seems that the emperor only wanted to remind her that she can't ignore his orders
    While returning, they see the village's fire and went there since MC is there and her guard's sister whose name I can't recall. When Hildergarl got there, she listened MC'words "my parents died because of the Sun witch" she's stupefied and hides for a moment, while the blondie knight gets there to urge MC to go help but he can't, hrs crying and struggling since he wants but he's having his issues in that moment, Kaia appears saying "don't go, who dares to force you to to help?" MC finally reacts saying he'll go and well, he does. At the end of the chapter, Griselda asked her if her power wouldn't be of help to put the fire down but she says something like she hasn't used her power like that for many years but she also says like she would have been a God of she does so, so not clear enough if she can do it or not

16. Mifried

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll sum up chapter 26
    So... The fire was put down. The villagers were sleeping so the people of the castle were about tu return but the head village was actually up so he went to Elkin.
    This man was the one who had treated MC/Elkin badly saying he shouldn't have come if he was useless,so he apologized for that as well as thanking him for his hard work. MC was happy and they talked, the head village mentioned they would be having a hard time since they weren't wealthy and with the whole village burnt, it would be hard so Kaia said to the blondie " yellow, [...]", It was kinda cute to see the blondie blushed and Listening to Kaia, so then he announced that the lord of the castle would be sending help regularly for a while(it's not that the Knight knows she's Hildergarl but Kaia said that the lord told her to say that, remember she's supposed to be the lady in waiting)
    Then the head of her knights,that woman who is a knight with grey hair?, well she confronts the blondie but she calms down once she knows that Lady Hildergarl was the one who ordered this but she's surprised because of her order.
    Finally, Kaia speaks to that female knight's lil sis, to advise her not to say MC's story about his parents, specially to his sister. Kaia did this because
    • If her Knight knows this, MC would be kicked out for her own safety, even though she's his patient and she need him.
    • If MC is kicked out after he reveals his parents' story, the spy( blondie) would realize her identity and also, she would be unwell again
    We also get a glimpse of Mc's importance growing in Kaia's heart, she seems to trying to convince herself that she does this because she needs him to treat her

17. oatesi

oatesi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is their a nove out there or is this just a manhuwa?

18. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Kaia as a character, she is fun to read and I don't blame her at all for war stuff. She is a general of kingdom following Kings order. I would be kinda sad if author makes her guilt tripping for this. This is the problem with lot of war romantics, The person who started war and is ultimately responsible is forgotten for the one with most power who is just following orders.

Kaia has been shown to be a strong women so far and I hope instead making her go through guilt trip and breaking down its the ML who realizes who is to blame in war.

bleedingliar24, Meizey, Hiura and 8 others like this.
  19. Mifried

Reading List:
    Link
    Your comment remind me of a thought of Kaia when she gets to know the MC's stuff' I know that Elkin's eyes were familiar so the reason is because I saw them before, in the war?' I think that even though Kaia was surprised, she was like 'well, it makes sense... I've killed a lot' so she starts thinking of the information she had about his parents and it seems that there are s few points that doesn't make sense, his parents were pharmacists with no magic so why would she kill them if they were not threat? If there was a particular case, she would remember them but because of Elkin's words, she was their murderer, even using her powers.
    Idk I think my summary was too short and there were a few important things that were not said. I hope this helps you all to understand this story.
    I don't think there is any novel of this manwha, if there's any I think we would know it by now.

20. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they were more than pharmacists , perhaps medical team on camp which are priority to be killed. Else its not really farfetched to have villages set to fire in those ages when you lack the manpower to control it. It is easier to just wipe them out than worry about being backstabbed later on.