Discussion Bread and Toast

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lucenda, Feb 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Lucenda

Lucenda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always seen bread, the normal kind you would use for sandwiches, as a stranger to my intake of grains. I never liked it as a kid, probably because it was whole grain, until melted butter and sugar was put on top of it while being slightly toasted, creating a rather sugary treat. I tried it with warm peanut butter, it got stuck on the roof of my mouth and jam was too weak to fulfill my sweet tastes.

Though, whenever I do occasionally get my hands on bread, it's usually just white bread that's been toasted and I top it off with butter nowadays and call it a meal there.

What kind of bread do NUFians usually eat? The plain kind like those anime girls who are running late? The brown crisp that gets crumbs everywhere? Or perhaps even turning it charred and eating it with the happiest smile? And other than the typical piece of loaf, how many kinds and styles of bread are out there and what are your favorite kinds?

And if you have the time... wish the two pieces of bread that I burnt into ashes this morning while thinking my family member would had taken it out for me while I was in the shower.

2. ThunderingSnow

ThunderingSnow Sipping up a cup of chaotic good...and boba

Reading List:
    Link
    I like putting ketchup, oregano, and cheese onto a slice of white bread, toasting that, and counting it as an afternoon snack.
    (Also, cute avatar)

Femme Fatale and Lucenda like this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly MachineSlicedBread, the only bakery that sells creampies. :cookie:

Little Potato and ThunderingSnow like this.
  4. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bread? what is that? can I eat it?

5. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of toast, soak it in water and wait for it to become a soft, soggy mush and slurp it up. Way faster, higher thoughput and same calorific intake

6. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Bread is a tasty baked good and yes it's edible.

mir likes this.
  7. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rip those blackened breads.

I like mine lightly toasted with butter. White bread has a slightly nicer taste, but I really like the buttery crunch of toasted seeds (like sunflower seeds) in the multigrain bread.

There are a ton of breads out there, but if you are only talking plain ones, the bollios I get from the supermarket are my favorite. Just with butter.
    They look like this:
    [​IMG]
    For you, I recommend trying your toast with jam and butter mixed together. Or just with lemon curd.

8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many kinds of bread not just those you mentioned, for example, the 'baguette', it is good for all kinds of food especially when fresh straight out the oven

Lucenda and ThunderingSnow like this.
  9. Lucenda

Lucenda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds tasty, and this thread existed a while back.

https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/come-in-and-make-your-ideal-anime-girl.80764/

If that's the case, how about soaking it in milk to create an easy to go full meal?

Femme Fatale and ThunderingSnow like this.
  10. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    Only the sweetest, crunchy topped bread famed in my country
    [​IMG]
    Though really, as long as the bread doesn't have raisins:blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink: inside them, I'd eat it. :cookie::cookie:

11. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL @Tilgarial other nuffians are also discussing bread! *hive mind*

I used to have what we called fresh French rolls (or pistolettes, pão de sal or maybe a small baguette depending where you’re from. They look pretty similar to what @mir posted above). Later, my family switched to sliced multigrain, which is also my preferred choice nowadays.

When I lived in Japan, I would have what I used to know as a "Nagoya toast" (I have no idea where I learned that from), which is a tall toast with butter made with a 5. Now...what the hell is a 5: Basically, Japanese white fluffy sliced bread is sold in a pack that looks like a cube and they're all the same size but the slice thickness varies so you buy them as 4, 5, 6, 8 or 10 slices. The 10 pack is usually for sandwiches and the 4-5 is more common to the western area (Kansai).
    [​IMG]

It wasn't common to find whole wheat or rye bread a couple of years ago outside of specialized bakeries but it seems like that trend is picking up and that brand (Pasco) released a lot of new different types of bread in the past 2-3 years. Their foccacia and english muffins are pretty good!

I also ended up picking up an old bread machine that one of my neighbours was going to get rid of and baked a few loaves for myself and some friends. I'll definitely buy another one wherever I settle down. It's wonderful to wake up in the morning to the smell of fresh bread~ +A+)

mir, Little Potato, Tilgarial and 2 others like this.
  12. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    *laughs*
    indeed, what a coincidence~

Hmmm~
    Well, I tend to eat my bread rather simplistic. with meat. I can think of various kinds of meat on bread, so really just any kind of meat (or fish). somtimes with cheese. sometimes with ketchup. sometimes with different meat.
    But I've always preferred the whole grain option, for the simple reason that it seems more... substancial?

ThunderingSnow, Lucenda and Snowbun like this.
  13. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop ruining my memes!

mir and Snowbun like this.
  14. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    I love rye bread...it's slightly sweet already! Malt bread is also nice in the sweet category.

Another yummy one is sourdough.

I will eat all sorts of things with my bread....it toasts deliciously....ham and cheese is noice. Bacon, boiled eggs and sweet pickles with mustard and ketchup is da bomb too!

In New Zealand I learned to do cheese on toast, where you toast the bread lightly, then put a combination of fried egg, cheese and tomato to the toast under a grill...then finish off with a pinch of salt and pepper....it's actually really delish.

ThunderingSnow and Lucenda like this.
  15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I just eat cheap sliced bread, usually with jam or chocolate cream.

Lucenda and ThunderingSnow like this.
  16. ThunderingSnow

ThunderingSnow Sipping up a cup of chaotic good...and boba

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! Bagels! Everything bagels!!!

Femme Fatale, mir and Lucenda like this.
  17. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I totally forgot! Sweet tooth! You must try honey toast!

18. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Bagels... *drools*

My daughter likes having bread dunked in broth. Any broth. It's really nice. Soup also works. Maybe you might like to try it out.

ThunderingSnow and Snowbun like this.
  19. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I like my bread that is cheap, affordable and doesn't starved me to death. I tend to eat only bread on the first 3 years of collage due to the shortage on funds(its hard with out wifi and starvation for 2 days is worth to read more chapters) and it basically made me consume food as sustinance rather than a cuisine.

By the time that we could have allowances that doesn't almost starved us to death, i become so much of a cheapskake that everything i see could be done more efficiently....