Spoiler Broken-Winged Angel

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by highsky44, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Lavenderia

Lavenderia 『Glow』『Daughter of Heyu』『Tea Lover』『Foodie』

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually no. If you've read the ten translated chapters of this novel and the Raws through google translate. It's the complete opposite. The MC wants these yandere obsessive possessive controlling sadistic (in bed...) twins (psychos?) out of her life but she eventually gave in at the end of the story... These guys are crazy. And it doesn't help that they have power and money. They have a twisted past that apparently caused them to be like this, that resulted to them showing their love in a twisted sadistic way. They use to be normal kids until THAT happened. Thus they have major trust issues and push others away.

I felt sorry for MC. In her case, only death would probably make her completely free of them. And even then they would still go after her. *shivers* Their suicidal. Let's just say the MC is trapped and has no way to retreat. Even her love interest/admirers doesn't stand a chance. The girl who was in love with the MC wanted to help but even she admittedly says she can only try her best but is no match to the twins. I read this novel out of curiosity (check out the tags) and I have to say I regret. I just wish the ending could've been better for the MC. I feel like the author abruptly finished it. But we did get four chapters of their son's POV. Funny thing was the son is just as jealous as his fathers and just I overly protective. It's okay... Better or worse than 50 Shades of Crap. At least the MC has more character and someone you can relate to. So meh

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  2. prince.pudding

prince.pudding Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also felt the same way about the ending!
    Honestly, I was actually really angry and angsty after I read the ending haha.... it made me feel like I had to go rant to somebody after reading it!

My issue with the ending is that honestly, this novel should have ended as a tragedy. In fact, I would have liked it much better if it ended as a tragedy because the novel was clearly headed towards that end. Even if the author ended the novel at chapter 50, I would have be satisfied because the story would have been consistent and made sense as a tragedy. Alternatively the author could have ended around chapter ~45 as a HE.

However, to me, it feels like the author tried to convert it to a HE too abruptly and it simply didn't work. The last "horror" session the twins put MC through was just so horrible... to me it ruined any possible hope of a HE.... and there's no way I can buy a HE out of the blue in the last two chapters, but the author forced it unnaturally. The only possible explanation is a Stockholm Syndrome/mindbreak ending, but even that was kind of unsatisfactory to me, because the author didn't exactly present it in that way.

As a result I felt like I wanted to rant when I reached the end!

>.>

tldr;
    The novel should have ended with angst angst angst! ...but it didn't. ;-;

Oh, I wasn't sure if I was clear about this in the other posts, but honestly, it's best not to approach this novel as a "sex" novel. It starts out smutty, but it gradually shifts more to drama/angsty.

In fact there are basically no descrptive sex scenes after chapter 25 until the ending group of chapters.

I thought the novel was most interesting for the rollercoaster ride it gave me, and my emotions took huge swings reading it because I empathized a lot with MC. I think the author had me totally their fingertip feeling all of rushes and sheer fear and angst and conflicted feelings. There were several points I wanted to drop the novel because it was getting too much for me, but I couldn't stop turning pages so I was at the end before I knew it! ;-;

That was pretty much my impression?

Though I think it depends on what you're used to. XD I think for some people, the novel might actually be mild (the smut isn't as extreme as the tags may suggest, imo), but for others it's way too twisted/horrible (the abuse is severe).

All aside, for me it was definitely a very unique experience that I hadn't read anywhere else before. Would definitely not recommend to everyone... best for people who like twisted and dark novels interested in a unique perspective, and the ending might make you angry. >_<

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  3. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone who has read both this novel and sickly tyrannical , can they tell which novel is worse out of the two?In terms of violence , possesiveness and etc.

4. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped in the chapter 26. MLs are really twisted, the violence here is strong, drowning her. And well, I’m sorry for MC, she suffer a lot. One time MLs are amorous and kind to her, other time they are so psychotic and tyrannic to her. Really bipolar. It’s real that they love her, but the way they show is... twisted (?). I agree with the MC’s decision to run away but at the same time was too naive try it.
    I like this kind of novels, but well I can’t stop feel sorry for MC. Is she lucky or unlucky?
    And when one of the twins put an aphrosdiac (?) [I am not sure that if is a cream aphrosdiac or other thing similar, MTL *shrugs*] on her and that makes her heated and she begs for sex and that’s just after she refused do sex lol
    Anyway I’ll wait for the translations, but MTL this one was pretty easy to understand for me though.

5. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    all these spoilers made me currious orz

<~~ hopeless >.<

How do the twins torture the mc? ....is it physical too? ...can you give me an example?

6. mereumsama

Reading List:
    Link
    Um do they :oops: do 'that' as 3P or just one at time with the MC?

7. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's just after the most recent translated chapters
    After the sex, she wakes up in a bathtub, one of the twins (Zhao Yibo) come to her side and she said she want to go back to her room. She got out of the bathtub and seeing that he didn't stop her, she thought that could leave.. so when she almost left the bathroom, Zhao Yibo caught her and threw her again in the bathtub. She "get drowned" but didn't try get out of the water (I guess she was thinking in commit suicide (?) because they threatened her with her family, so they can't implicate them anymore), but the guy after some time grabbed her neck, pulling her out of the water. And well, he was... Angry? MC begged to him and said she won't dare to do again (the suicide). However he grabbed her neck and started suffocating her. Then the other twin appeared, rebuked his twin and was "gentle" to MC, so she thought he was a good guy. Just for after that he drown her. She almost fainted, but he grabbed her from the water and when her breathe was stable, he again drowned her.
    Sorry for my english, I know is terrible. Hope you can understand what I wrote XD

8. mereumsama

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek::blobfearful: What the hell !! This is clear torture where is the love in it ? seriously ??!:blobdevil:

wafflebeauty likes this.
  9. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    If I am not wrong (MTL get me so confuse), they did it. Ménage à trois XD
    Well, twist love? They did it because MC want leave them (literally or with death). But they don't want let her :> It's something like this.

10. prince.pudding

prince.pudding Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    EDIT: I misread this question and thought it asked which twin is worse than the other one.... oops....
    Bo according to the author is more cruel, and Xuan is a little more softhearted.

I doesn't make too much of a difference when reading the novel though, because most of the time it's 3P anyways (including the violence too).

Aphrosdiac.

When the twins get angry, they become physically violent.
    For example, once MC tries to kill herself by drowning (she doesn't try very hard though).

Anyways, when the twins see this they get extremely angry and try to "teach her a lesson" by forcing her to experience how painful suffocation/drowning is so she'll be too scared to try it again.

The twins are yanderes in the truest sense, and they are definitely not "yandere lite".

Like you know the School Days style yandere that was crazy enough to kill the people she loves because her love is just that twisted?

...I think that's probably the best equivalent.

So it's kind of thrilling(?) in a way, not knowing exactly when the twins might suddenly explode or what they might do next, but it's scary! I'm not kidding when I say it's nightmarish like "horror".

As a general rule though, the twins are only scary when they're angry or trying to teach "a lesson". The other half of the time they're really sweet (and even sorry/regretful that they did what they did), which leaves you extremely conflicted.

11. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *shudder* you make them sound so nice here, little tiger.

12. Lavenderia

Reading List:
    Link
    They go at her together. :sleep:

Um... I wouldn't say she was tortured... But they do tire her out physically (especially in bed...) and emotionally. :coffee: The closest she suffers uh harm or "torture" is when they are in bed getting it on. The twins are... how to put it? Rough and intense with her in bed.The twins are what you call dominant in bed. Their way of love making can be described as cruel. And the MC is always sandwiched between the two. I'm frankly wondering how she can handle the twins and their almost everyday love making. Even I get tired just thinking about it. I don't know how much we women can handle that kind of everyday activity but I don't think it's physically possible for us... Especially with two young men. Those damn twins stamina is on another level I dare say... Poor girl. Novel was not wrong in saying they shower the MC with their lust.:oops:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  13. Yang Wangfei

Yang Wangfei Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I don't if I should read this. I have read 50 shades trilogy and I kind of like it. Because inspite of it is S&D relationship it doesnt involve. violence like this novel. I'm kind of conflicted to read this.

I'm thinking to read this for 10hrs up until now whether I should give it a try T.T

But that so much twisted love and threesome >\\\\< * hides

14. Lavenderia

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to disagree on you on that but to each their own, eh? I've read it myself. . . I found myself repulsed with Anastasia Steel and that Grey guy. Not my relationship goals. It's not even the BDSM content that bothered me. It's the characters. I thought them shallow.

Let me recommend you a book that you might like though. It's similar to 50 Shades of Grey just that it's a thousand times better. It's called "Up in The Air" Series by R.K. Lilley. :love: 10/10 Must read this one. Writing and character depth and development is way better than 50 Shades moronic writing.

Spare yourself from a series called "Crossfire" by Sylvia Day. :coffee: The writing for that one is better than 50 Shades but the two main characters is so... Broken. That I guess you can say they complete each other in a way. But at the same time their relationship can be considered toxic too. Feel free to read it. But at your own risk. Both books has BDSM content like 50 Shades. ~

And this novel isn't violent... Just emotionally tiring.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  15. mereumsama

Reading List:
    Link
    when was the first time they attacked MC ? was it a 3p?

16. Lavenderia

Reading List:
    Link
    It's always 3P for them though.

17. Yang Wangfei

Yang Wangfei Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thanks for sharing!

What I like about 50 shades is Grey's character development. How he slowly open up (for me to Ana) . But i. agree with you about Ana.

18. Lavenderia

Reading List:
    Link
    Read Up in the Air series. :love: Satisfaction guaranteed. You'll find you'd want your very own James Cavendish :X3: There'd be no room for Sir Grey in your head after reading about him ~

proudyleo likes this.
  19. Yang Wangfei

Yang Wangfei Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read the synopsis . OMGGGG!

“You’re my angel, Bianca. You’ve exorcized my demons. I don’t have nightmares when I’m with you. I don’t have to work seventy hour work weeks to keep my mind distracted. My life has become more than work and emotionless affairs. You make me a better man.”

I like the 4th book. Male's POV <3

Lavenderia likes this.
  20. leedalys

leedalys Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great mind, great taste, cheers folks.

*go read up in the air serie again *

Lavenderia likes this.