Spoiler BTTH: will it get better? (Rant)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LunarDay, Sep 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LunarDay

LunarDay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler ahead, do not read if you have not read until chapter 100 of Battle through the heavens.

Seeing many good reviews that the novel have, i decided to pick it up. I have read until chapter 100 and the discrepancies and "logic" in the story is making me lose my patience.

I'll state a few points which i find glaringly bad:

1) MC is supposed to be reincarnated with a 'mature' mind, which the author like to point out every other paragraph as if afraid the readers will forget. However, MC was quick to retaliate and act impulsive many times. I.e. instead of getting dumped, he dumps his fiancee to humiliate her, i.e. he purposely grope Xiao Yu in front of a guy who like her (because that guy is jealous and wanted to create trouble for MC, even though MC have no feeling for Xiao Yu atm).

2) MC have poor decision-making skills. He planned to go training for one year. But he decided to enroll into a school first and then asked for leave immediately after the entrance exam. Shouldn't he just apply to join the school AFTER his one year training instead? What's more troubling was that the teacher will only allow him to take his leave if he can withstand 20 hits from her. Why?! Must MC also withstand 20 hits everytime he wish to go to the toilet as well? Then MC dropped a gem: If a leave was not granted, then he would withdraw from school(which he have not even entered) and enroll again after his one year training. I think the author realised his mistake at this point but it was too late to change it.

3) The author tries to take every chance he has to let MC show off his strengths. Mentioned in (2): "Take 20 hits from me or you do as i say!" This might be the worst plot armor in history. People stronger than MC could just use their strengths to force him, but in the end chose to give him a large handicap which just barely reaches his limit.

4) All of MC's enemies are rich young masters who like the girls surrounding him.

I'm not saying that this novel is without good points. I like how cold-blooded the MC and Xun Er were sometimes, i also like how doting his father and teacher were to him.

I'm putting this novel aside for now to recharge myself.
    Please comment below if ridiculous things like these will happen often in the future or will the story improve from here onwards(I hope it gets better, i have nothing else to read).

2. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. The fact that the MC is a reincarnated is actually not that important as it is gradually forgotten and does not have any impact in the story later.
    2. the enrolling exam only happen in certain period so he can't choose to apply to join later (just like normal school and not college). and he is tested for wanting to leave because what he is asking is to skip a period of school (imagine you apply for school, but then you absent for the first 2 month so you are tested if you can keep up with not attending school).
    3. MC showing off his strength in xianxia/xuanhuan is normal.
    4. not all of them

3. Robinhood1

Robinhood1 *The Mood breaker*

Reading List:
    Link
    You, my dear friend, should stay away from novels ....
    1. It enables him to have higher amount of spiritual powers than his peer. Further helps in alchemist thing. This is just a single line used by author to justify him having higher spiritual power instead of attributing it to his natural talent.
    2. There are things called compulsory education and time spent for it. I want to do a 12m certificate course and I can also handle university for that 12m. What do you say, should I drop out for 1yr or just handle both of them at same time?
    3. That's typical of most of novels ...
    4. No, some are women, and some are normal rich young master. Some rich old men. Some poor old men ...

4. LunarDay

LunarDay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for letting me know what to expect :)

It still doesn't make sense to me for him to enroll and take leave at the same time because he already said that he could enroll again next year. Afaik the graduation requirement has nothing to do with number of years enrolled (unless that will be clarified in further chapters?).

I was hyped up by the good reviews, but as long as i know to lower my expectations, then i can enjoy this novel.

5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to suspend belief a lot to enjoy some novels.
    Just accept that the logic portrayed in the novel's world is different from yours

6. punketoblack

punketoblack Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One question: how long can they live?
    According to your cultivation, di dou is immortal or something like that? and the other levels?
    I'm sorry, my english is bad