Bumped into the same guy again...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Donutmindme, Mar 14, 2019.

?

Are you bad at names?

1. Yes

91.5%
  2. No.

8.5%
  1. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you not know the name of a guy in your class? New guy? You’re new to the class? New school? New school year?

Ask a friend if they know his name~

2. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, but our class is pretty big. About 100 students or more. My high school isn’t a normal high school. Also we have 3 teachers in this class and they don’t call us out for attendance. We just submit a google form serval as attendance.

3. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I never saw him last year because I had the morning schedule so he was in a different class than me. Our school is complicated.

4. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well on one of the first days as i started my first fulltime job and do some greeting to "old workers" in my department
    one of the old guard said "I only learn names of people who work at least two years here." At first I found it strange but later i found out he worked a lot with part time workers who quickly changed students etc ...

at thread: Ask someone you see him talking to, ask other classmates and describe him.

I've got something similar only to me people in place about 20 km from my place of residence, I probably have a twin there because it was more than 3 times by various unknown to me people they asked me how are you. The next time i happen to to be there, I ask who they meant.
    Maybe I can meet "the twin".

5. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    That form of attendance sounds really easy to get around, either having a friend do it or doing it from out of class. I don’t think teachers do call-outs to each member of the class past the first day (to learn the face) any more.

6. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Rumors says you will die if you meet your doppelgänger.. :cookie:

thepope likes this.
  7. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Not necessarily attendance, but don't they ever ask the students any questions or if they do , do they just point at them or take it in order starting from somewhere, never mentioning names?

8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds awfully too intimate and disturbing, whether you're a girl or guy OP. In conclusion, if this is not a prank of sorts, then your "guy" is either a legit supernatural being or has an severe case of chuunibyou. Hopefully, it's a prank, and not some psycho targeting you for their phantasmagoria.

9. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    This time bite a bread while being late to class. Carry bread or toast at all time with you.

10. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Once they introduce themselves properly I remember. If I forget their names I would just ask... "What was your name again? Sorry I am very forgetful lol"

But surprisingly I remember a lot of usernames in nuf. Probably because when I start @ ing them the suggestions appear.

Donut I think if you're interested you should just ask him his name. As for "tainted" I don't get it... Was it a joke or a dare? Or perhaps he is mistaking you for someone else? Or he simply wants you to think of this, because he is into you?

11. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    No. A student does raise their hand and the teachers call out their name.
    Well that servey is posted in real time. Students who were absent don’t really know about the servey.

12. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a joke. Okay so we’re in a group we have lots of discussion. They’re really good too. See, I know know him because I have really good discussions with him whenever we’re in a group. And lots of people seem to know my name. Maybe it’s just easier.

Nyann likes this.
  13. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    2 years and still couldn't remember all of my friends' full name. Can't even write some of my closest friends' name properly. :blob_zipper_mouth:

Donutmindme likes this.
  14. AhoDesuGa

AhoDesuGa Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow wow wow, Donut chan.

Is this love?

Donutmindme likes this.
  15. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Names are not my thing, faces are not my thing. I usually recognize people by their hair, voice, body and movements, i am pretty face blind and I couldn't tell you what my own mother looks like and I saw her a few hours ago. Like, I'll recognize her if I see her since I've been living with her for my whole life but I cant visualize her or tell you what she looks like. I didn't know my best friends name for over a year.

Nom de Plume and Donutmindme like this.
  16. Absoluteacedia

Absoluteacedia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it hard to ask people there names?

Donutmindme likes this.
  17. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    Yikes. That’s a long time.
    No, Aho this isn’t love.

Makes sense. Some ppl can’t visualize things as good as others, or can’t visualize anything at all. But they still have dreams and can see stuff. But when they’re not sleeping they can’t visualize somethings. I never realized ppl had this until I watched this video.
    No, it’s not hard I can go up and ask him, but I think I’ll end forgetting his name. I’m not good with names.

18. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Or just check the yearbook at your school library. D’uh!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Unless he’s fresh meat...I mean freshperson, (must be politically correct) he’s in your yearbook. Just check it.:facepalm::blobhug:

19. Deleted member 132527

Deleted member 132527 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember name is a hard task.

At your place i will see him and say some time after start a talk with him : "btw you know my name but i don't know your hahaha.....:blobsweat_2: me and my bad memory~"

Normally they say no problem it happen to me too :blobtaco:

userunfriendly likes this.
  20. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    I have this same issue which makes it impossible for me to draw people without a direct reference, and even then the proportions get messed up since I can’t look at both at once.

Do you also have trouble visualising faces in dreams? I....don’t. The people are faceless outlines if I focus or pay enough attention. I *know* they actually have faces and can recognize them even if I’m not actively visualising them so it’s not creepy for me at least.

Dovey likes this.