Recommendations Calming romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Fluffy Jellyfish, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Help me fellow nuffians :blob_plusone:

I'm currently searching for novels with calm and relaxing romance

What I mean by calm and relaxing romance is that the focus of the romance is interaction between MC and his partner. No unnecessary drama, quarrel or rage-inducing interaction (like a problem will be finished if they just talk about it instead of waging a cold war or refuse to talk).

I also avoid exaggerated description of physical countenance or description (it is ok, but if MC fall in love with his partner just because of this, dont bother recommend it). It would be better if one or even all of the romance cast is just a normal people instead of having wealthy / powerful background.

Oh yeah, I avoid BL and reverse harem. Harem is not a problem, but please give a reason why the harem is a reason to read the novel.

Male / Female MC perspective is welcomed. I also prefer if it is a long serialization (+100 chapters), but a short one is welcomed

Thanks beforehand~ :blobsalute:

Fuyuneko and Sabruness like this.
  2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Ascending Do Not Disturb

3. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this title in another recommendation thread

Thanks for the reminder ! :blob_plusone:

ameeranegundi likes this.
  4. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Sheri_Yui_Chan Fighting my final semester battles ⚔

Reading List:
    Link
  5. kuromi_hideaki

kuromi_hideaki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reborn as My Love Rival's Wife

6. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Arifureta afterstory
    Especially shizuku part

Reincarnated as the villainess father

7. nevelvir

nevelvir Master Sleepers

Reading List:
    Link
  8. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want a relaxing and most of the time peaceful novel with a really slow romance and absolutely ZERO drama. Then try The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent (LN).. You will definitely find it to your liking.

But the novel I personally found the most relaxing and peaceful was It Seems That I’ve Slipped Into a Different World. Also, My Gender Has Changed. Most people consider it to be boring and say that it has a bunch of plot holes...but those plot holes don't really have much to do with the main point of the story, so it's completely useless bringing those up. Read it how the author intended it to be read and you'll find a very relaxing and heartwarming love story. I really liked it, there is some drama but not any that would be considered romantic drama, more of a villains meaning harm or a silly fight against ghosts...but those are all solved without anybody really being put in any danger so I don't consider that to be too intense of a drama or anything. The first arc is the slowest, I recommend reading till at least the second arc cause that's when the male lead is introduced. There are no love triangles or love rivals here. (There IS the gay prince, but he's the MC's cousin and he doesn't really show any romantic interest towards the MC other than a few initial jokes...but for some reason everybody else in the comments thought he's gonna be a love rival? I don't really know how. He looks gay to me from every angle.) I really liked the ending, how everything settled down and it felt like everything became slow and quiet, like a plane coming in for a gentle landing. It was a very soft ending that everything felt alright in the world at the moment. I really liked how it ended. Maybe you will too. I just wish there'd be an epilogue chapter where they show them having kids and such like in Reborn as My Love Rival’s Wife or Observation Record of a Self-proclaimed Villainess’ Fiance. (Oh, I recommend those two too. They are my favorite love stories on this site.)

Also, in terms of no drama Father, Mother Escaped Again I think is perfect. But it's not that large on the romance department. It's just the silly shenanigans of the MC trying to make her husband gay for his retainers. But the interactions between the MC and ML are really cute.

10. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  12. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    The romance between the leads is a slow burn, but calming in Return of the Swallow. Everything else is not though. XD There's a lot of politicking, scheming, and war between nations otherwise.

“If it’s a barbarian you want, then it’s a barbarian you’ll get!”

Reclaimed by her noble family after being swapped at birth, Qin Yining is bestowed a hellish family instead. Just as she turns her situation around and gains acceptance, her country is plunged into peril and the future bleak.

Shades of gray color the world. No side is completely good, and no side is completely evil. Refusing to be a trophy won by men, Qin Yining carves her own path instead. In this absolutely riveting and spellbinding tale, what does our MC do when an entire dynasty is at stake?

13. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
  14. asi

asi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly, Dragon King's Son-In-Law is pretty good. I can't remember it 100% as I read it nearly 10 months ago, but I think it should be what you want. Romance starts pretty late, though.

15. darstream

darstream Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Loner and juliet

16. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grabbing your hand, dragging you away
    I hope this fits your criteria, for me it does at least!

17. BoredNovelFinder

BoredNovelFinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, Wife - Cutting it close a bit with drama but really, it's barely there. Starts off with her breaking up with her scum of a bf but then, in comes ML. Note of warning though, female lead is heavily on the logical side so her actions may be frustrating to some.
    Really, Really Miss You - About voice actors falling in love. Simple as that.
    Easily Set Aflame - same author as Really, Really Miss You but this was an earlier work. TRIGGER WARNING: ML is divorced. That fact may bother you but there is very little drama here. Everything else is sugar.

18. Nara9

Nara9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perfect Fiancé, maybe.

19. Reader1001

Reader1001 Member

Reading List:
    Link