Discussion Cambridge Analytica Exposé (Channel 4 U.K.)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GuldTasken, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Greetings Nuffian and @Tony .

A video was released just recently from UK that exposed the influence a company has on elections and misleading people. Prompting political parties into illegal behaviour among other things. Hindering a fair and free election from happening.

The video above exposes a main protagonist in this type of Information Warfare and I feel like everyone should realise why they should remain critical toward the internet and their sources. Especially during voting periods and Politics.

What are your thoughts in regards to this reveal?
    How do you think people should treat this information?
    More importantly, how will you approach this issue when faced with a misinformed close friend/family suffering from this manipulation?

PS. Tony, I feel this video should earn a Sticky down the road.

And Wujigege, your website still doesn't pop cookies warning up. Even with cleared cookies.

2. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    poltics not allowed... i understand the talking point about misinforation but this gets very political

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  3. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry lad, politic is not allowed here

4. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    UK is a great ally of US...
    Well it's not a surprise for me as US has shown time and again how money buys people's freedom...
    US has never revealed any of its work in Area 51, they have not clarified the strange reports of 9/11 being staged (as plane fuel does not melt steel beams, other building collapses without being hit by plane), US attacks Iraq, Yemen , Libya and Syria without any proof or provocation...
    But out of all the things that US has done, the scariest has been that Clinton was nominated for President while a lot of people knew she was responsible for ordering assassinations as secretary of state (Bernie was the peoples choice)... It clearly shows how money buys even seats of President

5. Djoty

Djoty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Politics is a topic with no final resolution

6. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    ... sometimes stupidity is a bliss ...

Sterben4 likes this.
  7. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread soon
    [​IMG]

8. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guess I forgot about the rule in regards to politics. Thought the topic about companies that practice manipulation of real life events to such a severe level wasn't true politics but rather something that is related to the Cookie Warning that relates to categorizing you as an individual and what kind of adverts you are getting. Especially during voting periods.

Ah well. The mods will take action if they deem it too political for their taste. Since I summoned Tony anyhow.

9. Djoty

Djoty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the article in BBC news, the guy use 50 million facebook user to influence US presidential Election, by using online Quiz and painting an incorrect picture of candidates

10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost exclusively get my political news from social media. .. Can't really blame me when it's usually more accurate than "legitimate" news sources anyway. No one is ever more biased than the reporter. ..... Granted, some real journalism still exists in the world.

Anyway, doesn't matter because A) I don't vote since all the choices suck anyway and B) this thread is political and thus locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.