Discussion Can a poly person be a Yandere?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Danthefanokaku, Dec 1, 2018.

?

Can a Yandere exist in a poly relationship?

1. Clearly, it’s happened so yes.

44.4%
  2. No, as that conflicts with the definitions

16.7%
  3. Well, it happened, but for how long can it last? Maybe I guess?

38.9%
  1. Danthefanokaku

Danthefanokaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll be using the textbook definition of yandere here which can be found at this link to an online dictionary: https://www.yourdictionary.com/yandere

Now, for the sake of privacy I’ll be changing some of the names, but this is a serious question/discussion. My friend, we’ll call him A, is in a poly relationship with his partner (who I assume to be female but their pronoun is “they”) who we’ll call B. Now, B has a number of other people they are in a relationship with, while A doesn’t have anyone else they’re in a relationship with but wants to have others. Instead of looking at 2 gears meshing, we’re looking at a wheel with the center being B and one of the spokes being A. While I was talking to A, he mentioned that B can get a bit, yandere, at times. He went into some detail, but I’ll leave that out here. Just know, B is almost like a real life yandere over A without all the homicide most of the time.

So, now that the background is all flushed out, here’s my question. Can B truly be yandere over A in a poly relationship? From my understanding of yandere and poly relationships, they are polar opposites. But clearly, it’s happened. I’m definitely not a psychiatrist or a person who understands human behavior, but can such a person truly be yandere over one person, while having multiple people they are also yandere over?

Thank you for helping me with this social quandary!

2. zarvi

zarvi Ojisan

Reading List:
    Link
    try reading sevens
    irrc atleast two girls in his harem are yandere
    in Kuro no Maou the hereoines are at each other's throat
    from all the series i've consumed it is mostly the legal wife that is get to be the yandere stereotype

3. Asfsajkl

Asfsajkl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just think in reverse, a guy with multiple girls and get easily jealous about them. Is that yandere or just possessive?
    There’s your answer.

P.S. i think it’s just possessive.

4. KIZUKI

KIZUKI 〈Shem's Minion〉《Fish licker》

Reading List:
    Link
    It made me think of ore no no osananajimi wa joshikousei de yuusha

5. Lazy ninja

Lazy ninja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, you just need to be a hypocrite. And plenty of humans are hypocritical.

6. Zerses

Zerses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First if b isn’t allowing a to have any other relations besides b then it isn’t poly it’s just a harem or reverse depending on genders or what have you. Second yandare mostly revolve around the whole “this person belongs to me thing” and is very possessive so yes it isn’t to far off for there to be one that has a harem while being yandare. I would say though that the possibility of a poly person being yandare is pretty low since to be poly you have to be both upfront with a lot of things that would definitely identify a person as yandare if known and would give the others to big of a running start.......unless the yandare is a good actor/actress.........

Danthefanokaku likes this.
  7. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Its all just ebout obsessiveness..
    A guy can be obsessed with many girl as his own and make a harem..
    But once someone tried to cheat.. shes a dead girl..
    They tend to be selfish and ignore the other party's thoughts..

8. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need to be yandere to be a self centered jealously possessive asshole. TBH there have been many harem foci that see nothing wrong with them tasting a fresh piece of ass, only to fly into a murderous rage at the slightest hints of one of their trophies wanting to do the same.

Think your friend is in for an unpleasant ride no matter of he chooses to stay with "them" or not.

MrSplashy and Danthefanokaku like this.
  9. Danthefanokaku

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for all of your responses! B is not allowing A to go after other partners, which goes against the poly relationship. So I guess the bear descritpition for their relationship would be a possessive reverse harem?

10. Zerses

Zerses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep if that’s the case it’s def not poly

11. Danthefanokaku

Reading List:
    Link
    At least, by the definition of poly. They still call it a poly relationship since B is “dating” multiple partners at the same time. Oh California, we have some pretty wild weirdos here haha

12. Zerses

Zerses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea no poly is more than just having “one” person dating multiple people

13. Zerses

Zerses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What your friend seems to be caught in is some version of polygamy in which while it is usually the male that has multiple slav errr wife’s this time it’s the reverse and I’d suggest he breaks off if and while he can. Polygamy unlike polamory or “poly” is very different from what people read in novels or see on horrible hbo shows. They main unit is usually possessive violent and very controlling and oft times they use mild to severe brain washing over long periods to make them fit more into their “role”.

14. Danthefanokaku

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeezus, that’s not good. Thank the Internet gods that I’m not in that relationship! I wouldn’t say he was that mentally healthy before getting into the relationship, so that makes things even worse. Hopefully I can talk to him about it, but they’ve been together for a while now so I doubt my words will have any meaningful effect other than triggering something possibly maybe

15. Zerses

Zerses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in general from what I’ve gathered from real life polygamy most of the women are either born into it then brainwashed over time or like your friend and have some mental instability which makes them easier to control

16. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf is a polyperson now......

17. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    According to some novels I read yep, normally turns into chaos for the people involved though, I never seen it happen in real life. never even seen a real yandere in real life in fact but you have all types of people in the world so probably somewhere there is someone who fits the definition of yandere in a poly relationship....~