Can you traslator just switch to disqus?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by BarriaKarl, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarriaKarl

BarriaKarl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i know this thread wont change anything but i have to do it anyway.

Since it just isnt feasible to expect people to make accounts for every random site we read fictions cant you Translators just use a program that link it all in one account just like disqus? I use it in my favorite anime site, a games sites and also a few (VERY FEW) translating sites.
    I lost count of how many time i saw errors or just wished to comment for the heck of it but couldnt cause it was a random site and i dont have enough reason to create a account.

So this thread is for this. If i can convert a few translator i will be happy. Thanks...

2. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    ^ I support this for easier commenting.

3. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    you want to convert few bully? are you Lord Third? lol:rolleyes:

4. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    no. and I don't even allow comments anymore because people have an annoying need to say first or some weird shit.

5. Sheep

Sheep Best Original Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    wait you knew this thread won't change anything but you do it, but you expect them to change.

So what do you want ...

huh..

#paradox

6. BarriaKarl

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it wont change anything but there are a few things a man has to do.

I agree people who comment 'FIRST' should die. Never undestood the point of that. But i also hate it when people flood the comment section with 'Thanks for the chapter', like there is no use to 50+ comments if 90% can be ignored.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Gunji Murgi and Astaroth like this.
  7. TheMrAzn

TheMrAzn [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay disques. Woo! I support this movement. I do doubt that many are going to switch though :p. (There might be a reason they can't though.)

8. roriconknight

roriconknight Exiled Member of The Lolicon Society

Reading List:
    Link
    but some people phone can't even load disqus... Like me, lol.

9. Lewisking50

Lewisking50 Voidseeker, King of literally nothing

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really like disqus ._.

Gunji Murgi and Rimuru like this.
  10. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thanks for the chapter" comment should be the most graceful of all, at least, it's show that there are at least people that read it and said their thanks, and yes I know that there are people just trolling around. But at least for me, when I read a chapter, If I could comment or said about something then I said it, then left a "Thanks for the chapter" at the bottom to show my appreciation. If I couldn't think of anything to say, then the least I can do is still leave a thank with the "Thanks for the chapter" comment. Not everyone after reading a chapter can think of something cool/silly/dumb/etc to say so the least they can say is still "Thanks".

MantouInv, lynette, FlameE and 9 others like this.
  11. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    At least thanks are said with appreciation meaning, unlike "first" shyt.

Some of the translator might feel everything they've done worth it when at least one person who read their translation, said thanks to them.

Just my opinion though

Faterjonan likes this.
  12. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too ._.

This thread is made under the assumption that the translatorS are part of one big family.

They're not...

13. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    no point asking.

some translators use wordpress for their sites, thus no purpose for disqus, other will use the blogger site and others still will use another platform provider.

each platform has its own standard and if you are having issues with commenting, likely you are the only person who frequents sites that use more than 5 different services.

i know very few who manually built a site and if they did so they aren't likely to choose to use disqus just because you asked them to.

I have considered translating and not just posting my few original pieces, but most of my main pages are likely to have comments turned off except on the announcement posts and even if i turned on comments, it would be wordpress' built in system.

14. B055Y

B055Y Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I can, I'll try to say 'Thanks for the chapter'. Mostly on my favourite novels and those I've been reading for a long time.
    It would be great for all comments to be on disqus, but I don't think it matters too much. If you're reading a novel, then you're going to constantly be on that site if you want to read more of it. So it's not too much of a bother if you have to spend 2 minutes to create an account.

Furthermore a lot of translation sites use wordpress. Even if that site says you have to sign up, as long as it is hosted by wordpress then you can log in with your wordpress account. Not too much trouble at all. I understand how convenient centralization would be but really, it's kind of pointless here.

15. BarriaKarl

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm Like said above it is true that 3-4 accounts can be use to most sites, but that isnt really a solution, it is like saying i could just comment using my facebook account in 90% of the cases.

That being said the reason i said to use disqus is because it was made only for that reason and it has more functions like up- and down-votes and a easy method to check replies. To be fair the fact that i can easily check replies is the reason i love it.

May i know why? It seems like a pretty complete tool.

16. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting mad at people saying thanks. Wow. You guys must be very popular.

Myriadfold, FlameE, GM_Rusaku and 6 others like this.
  17. kaberial

kaberial Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    90% disqus never work for me.

18. BarriaKarl

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. I am the kind of people who dont say 'i love you' everyday, that is why i dislike it. The fact that i am here reading already mean i am enjoying it so saying 'thank you' become useless. Hard to explain though...

EDIT: Remember i said that i hate people SPAMMING 'thank you' in the comments not the thank you per se...

xalienxgamerx and Astaroth like this.
  19. B055Y

B055Y Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't thing that just because a page has an extra view justifies that 'Thanks for the chapter' comments are toxic.
    As long as it's not disrespect, i don't think it matters whether you discuss the chapter or just leave a little thanks. If you're seeing many of them then that just means the novel is popular and there are many people who may not have anything to discuss about but would still like to show their appreciation and support to the translator(not spam) who has spent their own time to translate for the readers. Hey they don't have to do this, many do it in their spare time and there are many who still go to school/college.

I feel you're thinking too much with 'I love you'. If you were to compare it to something wouldn't it be like saying 'Thanks' to the lunch lady when she gives you your food? I saw people do that every day and didn't think it was that bad.
    Also I feel this is really off topic from using Disqus on all translation sites. I've seen people say 'thanks for the chapter' on Disqus, so that's not going to change...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  20. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    i hate it when i log in with my wordpress with one site and i can get on it, then at another site it says my wordpress is non-existent and i need to register or some shit. Or when even though you're already logged in the site still asks you for confirmation if you are "human" and "prove you're not a robot" and other such bs, then it just loads indefinitely saying "awaiting for moderation"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.