Mini RPG Carcossa Witch Hunt

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by BB_Tensei, Nov 7, 2018.

1. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Confirmed. Points will also be provided to @Quaesitor for participating half-way. There is something hidden in the catacombs under the temple. Not all is as it seems. Expect a new mission next update.

Due to delays related to my job, the new update will be at the usual time, but today instead of yesterday, so game time is relatively consistent. }}

Quaesitor likes this.
  2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link

Cyrene sipped at her water as she listened to the bartender speak his mind. "This town was fine until they started this so-called inquisition. Now everybody is afraid of everything, business is going down and a lot of the women are afraid that they might be detained and declared witches just for walking around town."

He then went on to complain about the Inquisition and the town's nobles, how they dont care about the people and only care for power. Sometimes, one of the tavern patrons would also mention a rumor they'd heard 'from a friend of a friend'.

Cyrene made a mental note of everything she heard, to pass on to the rest of the coven for further thought. "Your concerns are understandable. Surely, the Divines would be displeased about their loyal followers slaughtering innocent people for the whims of nobles and narrow-minded bigots."

As she 'preached', as she amusingly called it, she nudged their feelings about the inquisition and nobles towards the negative who doing the opposite for their feelings towards her coven. Having some citizens who are friendly towards her coven could be very beneficial, if this visit is anything to go by.

@BB_Tensei ((as this is the second post in the same territory, is it now considered as controlled for the purposes of missions?))

Witch Hunter Location: Central Market.

Quaesitor, BB_Tensei and Haxagen like this.
  3. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Haxagen likes this.
  4. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Rye Town --- Ariel

"..."

Ariel was speechless. He didn't understand most of what he heard, and neither did he want to understand, because he could feel a headache coming. As such, he vanished without any further talking, and made his way back to the current town.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Western Craftsmen Zone --- Ritsu

"I get to sleep at last...not. We all know that sleeping is a lie, anyways. Jeez."

Managing not to wake the blind younger sister while sneaking back into the house, Ritsu had her heart on her sleeve the entire time, nearly jumping out of her skin when the undead horse neighed loudly. Thankfully, the [Silence] spell she had activated before the ride was still in effect, but the whole thing still gave her goosebumps, and she sacrificed the whole horse to Ariel immediately, just to get it out of her sight.

Next, she spat out the little blue orb that contained the knight's soul. It had been bouncing around in her mouth the whole ride back, trying to get out and generally giving her nausea.

The black witch stared longingly at the bed, before making an audible 'tch' sound and turning her head away.

"Because of this damned Witching Hour, it's actually going to be the best time to work magic! Now I can't sleep, dammit!"

Opening an entry to the Shadow Realm, she took out the knight's body. The body without a soul to govern it had qualified as 'non-living', allowing her to by-pass that restriction and bring the whole knight with her.

"For a whole knight, this sure took a whole night, heh."

Chuckling sourly at her own lame joke, Ritsu popped the orb back into the knight's mouth, and begun taking off her armour, before stopping again midway. Her captive had woken up, still tied up securely, and had started to struggle.

"Release me this instant!"

Thank the gods for [Silence].

"Quiet! You should be grateful enough that I didn't kill you right there! Now pipe down before you wake the little girl!"

"And what's a witch being concerned about that for? Don't tell me you're worried about the well-being of this city!"

Even though the knight was still angry, she did lower her voice, to the point where she was hissing angrily rather than shouting.

"Of course I don't care about them! Still, it's not like I'm some sort of battle-maniac that wants to kill everyone! If you wake the neighbourhood with your shouts, I would have to kill everyone immediately to keep my secret. That's both a waste and unpleasant, so don't force me to do it."

Having finally convinced her captive to shut up, Ritsu wiped the sweat off her brow before gulping down a cup of water nearby, and begun talking softly.

"I'm a witch that practices black magic, but I'm no serial killer. The name's Ritsu, now tell me your name in return, and we'll see about getting these ropes off you."

Witch Hunter Location: Central Market

Quaesitor likes this.
  5. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link

Ira tore off her sleeves and bit the tips of both of her thumbs so they will bleed out. Swirling white tattoos covered her both her arms. Then, she quickly drew some complex runes on each of her arms, starting from the shoulder to the back of her hand. She then drew a line from below her eyes to her jaws like bloody tears streaming down on her face. This is a ritual taught to her by her mentor to enable her to properly control wind magic for 5 minutes. She had never tried doing this during the witching hour but she thought it will help in lengthening the effective time of the ritual.

The inquisitors and guards all got into the square when she finally finished her rituals. Her body tattoos glowed dimly. Those who were near her started to run towards her and attack. She jumped up, straightened her right hand then made a slicing motion. This produced a huge wind blade that flew downwards towards her attackers. Those who came in contact got their flesh sliced. Some got decapitated. She landed then made a pushing gesture in front her with her hands. This violently blew away the people in front of her, getting them flattened at the nearby wall. She then did another pushing gesture to her sides to blow away the men running towards her at her left and right.

Ira tried to limit the amount of wind she's controlling so that it wouldn't strain her borrowed skill and make the ritual end early. However, as the battle progresses, her control slowly deteriorated. Wind blades suddenly swerved from her intended destination, making her open to attack. The wind blow that supposed to act like a hammer, turned into a wind funnel that drills through walls. The wind gradually turned wilder and more destructive. It started accumulating near her. The remaining guards started to back off in fear. The inquisitors on the other hand were still determined to take Ira down and still pushed forward.

It would seem that the witching hour strengthened Ira's wind magic instead, making her lose control earlier than expected.

Witch hunter location: Western Market

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Quaesitor likes this.
  6. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Noting the location of the witch hunter was near one of her sisters positions Adrestia decides to head over towards it to interfere in the matter. Having redirected from her original destination of Madam Whitelocks safe-house and drop point. Whilst leaving the storehouse Adrestia had dropped a small lit fire behind her which unluckily proceeded to catch the storehouse on fire. "Well that was unexpected and slightly unwelcome as it will attract more attention to this direction I hope it can be brought under control relatively quickly." Adrestia picks up her pace after hearing the crackling of the small fire behind her and begins running to the Western market.

Location Western Market
    Having arrived in the Western market Adrestia begins to move directly towards her compatriot whilst getting rid of the glamour upon her body.

Witch Hunter Location: Western Market

OOC: Damnit put Eastern gate instead of Western gate in last post.

Quaesitor likes this.
  7. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{

The Witching Hour is upon us!
    The time of night when the power of the divine sun is the weakest and darkness rules the land is also when magic is strongest, especially when rituals, summonings of demons and spirits, and spells using catalysts and herbs are performed. At this time of night, acts of witchery otherwise hard to accomplish would meet ease, as the veil between worlds is thinnest.

For the next 24 irl hours, characters receive a powerup when performing the abovementioned actions. This is a roleplay effect, as such certain rules, such as invulerabilities, and etc are not affected, however it is possible to create or summon creatures and items that would have effects on the game. E.g. an extra character of spiritual, demonic, alchemic, or arcane origin. Such a character would be a follower, thus operate under the same rules as spirits (see first post).

Now, announcing the new missions:

Encounter the Dark Lord's harbingers

Note: Time limited to 7 ingame cycles (14 ingame hours, 1 irl week). Multiple players can complete this mission solo or in groups.

A number of agents of the invading army are hidden right outside border areas of Fort Town (thus count as in those areas). These await a signal to infiltrate and cause mayhem among the inhabitants. The messengers are beastmen of a vicious character, who hide their animal features underneath heavy clothing. Depedning on your disposition, feel free to kill, negotiate, kidnap, brainwash, cause the retreat of, or send them to combat the church's minions, as you see fit.

Reward: Posts contributing to the completion of this mission in an area containing a harbinger will have a 4x multiplier, after player interactions are factored in. The results of this mission will depend on players' actions.

Rescue the alchemist princess

Note: Time limited to 7 ingame cycles (14 ingame hours, 1 irl week).

Prerequisite: At least one player character opening a secret passage with the Master Key, OR 4 rounds of combat at the Castle Location.

The next mistress of the Fountain of Eternal Youth Coven has been kidnapped by the Inquisition. She is being held inside the Castle dungeon. She has the gift of foresight and a convenient scouting ability, covering the entire Fort Town. While returning her to her mother will earn you a hefty reward, she herself will try her best to offer different terms for her release.

Reward: 20 score per round of combat per player; 50 score for successful infiltration; Either a medium grade magic item of your choosing, or a strategic advantage and hidden missions.

The Secret Beneath The Temple

Note: Time limited to 3 ingame cycles (6 ingame hours, until the end of Wednesday's round).

Prerequisite: Infiltrate the Temple without engaging in combat. Capture the Catacombs beneath it (as a separate location from the Temple itself).

Thanks to the rescue of our sisters, we have learned of a secret weapon held by the Church inside the Temple Catacombs. It is described as some kind of magic armour for giants, capable of autonomous action. It is said that the holy spirit moving these armours can only be summoned with the coming of light. Either seal these weapons away from our enemies, or use our own means to unleash them for our own purpose.

Reward: Giant living armours x6, capable of autonomous operation or equipping; During Witching Hour, the armours can be corrupted and possessed by any character alligned to a coven or individual witch; If sealed, 100 score total for the player or group.

Upon Failure: If the armours are not used or removed from the game by the end of the time limit, they will enter as NPCs similar to the Witch Hunter, moving separately. A mission will be unlocked, required for their destruction.

Sorry for the delay. Thank you for your patience. IRL sucks. }}

Quaesitor, Haxagen and Haitaka like this.
  8. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link

"Motherfucker."

Ira was about to bolt from the area while she still have some amount of control on her magic when she saw the witch hunter enter the battlefield. He seem perfectly fine even though he fought with witches and spirits earlier.

He immediately shot three crossbow arrows towards her. Ira countered with a wind blade but the arrows passed through it without any difficulties. Shocked, she evaded a bit too late, lodging one of the arrows in her right arm while another one swept past her right cheek. However, the arrows didn't disperse the wind blade. It continued towards the witch hunter. The man also tried to evade but the edge of the blade sliced a bit of the flesh of his left thigh.

Ira bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself from screaming from pain. She painfully pulled out the arrow and made a stance. She punched out and a huge wind funnel shot towards the witch hunter. He evaded again, shooting another batch of arrows while running towards her. He unsheathed his long sword. Ira also evaded and also ran towards the witch hunter which shocked him. He was about to slice Ira when she gets near when she held out her palm and a huge gust of wind blew towards the witch hunter, sending him flying through the air. He coughed out blood like he was punched through the stomach. He started falling but he righted himself and landed fine.

Ira took hold of 1001 Nights and used it to support herself. She was panting heavily. Wind started violent swirling around her as she gradually lost control. At this rate, the whole Fort Town will be devastated by a tornado. She desperately needed a sister from the same coven to help her control the wind. She was hoping that someone from the local branch of her coven noticed her plight.

Fortunately for her, someone did.

@TiggerBane

Witch hunter location: Western Markets

Quaesitor, TiggerBane and BB_Tensei like this.
  9. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ If it hasn't been explained to you over Discord already, yes two posts in one location allows you to complete the mission. Normally you'd be able to complete a mission with one post in a location already visited, but due to the chaos that arises from contesting areas, this part of the rule is now moot.

@Halmista if you have a Discord account, and don't mind joining the NUF Game Hub server, feel free to PM me for an invite. }}

Quaesitor and Halmista like this.
  10. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Realising that due to the witching hour my fellow witch was losing control over her ability to control the wind. However the far bigger threat at this moment is the witch hunter. "You will have to take care of your magic yourself girl this is an important test that all witches of our coven must face I will protect your life however." After acknowledging the presence of the girl behind me I turn to face the witch hunter and the inquisitorial agents. The wind in the area gets a tinge of red as Crash appears by my side.

"You didn't call even though you were doing something so fun that isn't very nice of you now is it?" Crash begins his maniacal laughter as the scent of blood begins filling the surroundings. Magic wind and blood mix in around Ira.

"Leave as soon as you are able Ira my belief will not let myself aid you if you kill any of them on purpose." Adrestia sheathes her sword and falls to the ground as a second wave of bolts fires at her. Following this Adrestia jumps up and charges the witch hunter. Whilst Crash's maniacal laughter grows louder and blood from all over the area begins massing nearby. A note of paper flies through the blood wall and lands in the witches hand.

Witch Hunter location: Western Market

Quaesitor likes this.
  11. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link

"Saahira, I'm back" I say as I open the door to the apothecary. An acidic smell thick in the air, and the a jovial feeling could be felt from the warmth.

"Hmm, seems you have made something interesting" I say seeing the work station with the supplies still strewn about.

"Whatever the case, there are two things I wish to accomplish now" I say sitting down in the same seat as earlier, "firstly" I continue, "I would like to help you save your Coven Leaders daughter" saying that with my innocent smile I continue again, "secondly I would like more allies but I believe I must show my current ally that I keep my promises" I say approaching Saahira.

"So I ask you again" I put my hand on her face, "Do you truly wish for this curse on this hour of witching?"

Quaesitor and FuRen like this.
  12. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Western Craftsmen Zone --- Ritsu

Back to the hushed conversation that was going on between the two, Ritsu had to extend the duration of [Silence] after she had removed the chestpiece from the knight.

"Who goes outside wearing only metal armour?! It's flipping late autumn now, for goodness sake! Were you trying to deliver a message, or catch a cold?!"

"If you're so indigant, then stop looking! And why are you touching?! Hands off!"

Ritsu fought off the urge to indulge herself for a little bit, and quickly confiscated every piece of the armour, as well as the sword and shield, dumping them all into the Shadow. Then, she untied the knight, and tossed her some robes.

"Wear this. I don't want people seeing you in nothing but two pieces of cloth."

"It's not like I'm going to escape while looking like this, you know! Plus, why are you untying me now? Aren't you worried that I might escape?"

The knight, who had introduced herself as Izuna, had expected the witch to torture her for information, especially after Ritsu had revealed herself to be a black mage. Contrary to her expectations, the witch only confiscated her arms and armour, and then told her that she was free to go.

Izuna felt that, rather than it being Ritsu's complacency that she'll never get caught, the reason she had been allowed to go free was simply because Ritsu didn't care if Izuna did escape; after all, the Black Witch had demonstrated that she could simply pack up and leave at any time.

"You're an oddity, you know. For someone called a Black Witch, I expected more homicidal tendencies from you."

Izuna sat on the edge of the bed, glancing at the younger girl sleeping soundly, and could not help but let a bit of her vouce leak out.

"Well, excuse me for not wanting to kill everyone for no reason. I also want to live in peace, you know, and killing too many people will only make that more difficult. Perhaps that is why I spared you; I hate you for being a 'knight', and you despise me for being a 'witch', but at the crux of it, I have no real cause to resent you."

"And what's your goal, then? For all the effort you've put in, you must be seeking out something at the end, yes?"

The curiosity was stronger than she had thought, and Izuna couldn't help but ask one final question. She sensed that, while Ritsu was reasonable, she, like any other person, weren't so quick to trust strangers. Quite similar to her own habits, actually.

"...Well."

The Black Witch paused, setting down a wooden object that she had been carving out all the while.

"I used to like them too, you know, since I used to be one of them. Humans, I mean. I have worked with them before, lending them my abilities to solve certain problems. But they betrayed me, all because of the witch magic flowing in me. All because I wasn't human."

If the part-timer-writer witch had been here, this would have been the life story that she was looking for. Ritsu sighed heavily, and walked over to Izuna, settling onto the small bed as well.

"You remember our fight, right? The spells I used against you --- most of them weren't Black Magic at all. I hate using Black Magic on innocent people, because it isn't fair for the victim. Just like the older sister I killed when I got here; she spent the most of her time indoors --- not because she was lazy --- but rather because she was suffering from an illness that was slowly killing her from the inside. Any longer, and she would have died a painful death, while also being unable to provide for her blind younger sister."

Partway into this conversation, and Izuna found that Ritsu's head was already leaning against her shoulder.

"A quick killing curse was the best mercy I could give her, as a Black Witch who knows no healing spells, only killing ones. And that's why I wanted to put an end to this damned fighting; while the witches and inquisitors kill each other by the clusters out on the streets, innocent people are dying by the handful in their own houses."

Ritsu sighed, uncertain of why she was sharing so much about herself, but was unwilling to stop.

"Well, that's about it, and honestly, it's a boring story. If you look anywhere, you'll find a person with their own story to tell, and it can be just as colourful as my own. It's not a person's job that determines if his or her life was fulfiling --- it's the actions and decisions that they take after much hard thinking --- those are the little factors that reveal a person's true nature."

Then, she felt a hand pulling her up to sitting position; Izuna was smiling as she stood up, beckoning towards her.

"What are you doing? I said you are free to go now, and honestly, I didn't expect you to listen to me throughout all that."

"Well, I'm asking for my equipment, obviously, since we're going to go together."

"Haaaah? I told you before, I'm a Black Witch, and while I try not to kill innocent civilians, guards and knights are a different story entirely. Aren't you worried I won't try to kill you?"

Izuna grinned triumphantly, lifting her fair hair to reveal a single earring, a small blue diamond nestled in gold.

"You weren't very careful when you frisked me, were you? I had this Earring of Lie Detection active the whole time, and you were telling the complete truth. Since you want to help the common people, as an aspiring knight, I can't just turn away, you know?"

Ritsu stared blankly, before she burst out laughing; Izuna had gotten one over her, and she didn't intend to reject.

"...You better not mention allying with a witch afterwards, or no one will dare hire you again, you know? Also, just so we're clear, if you end up dying, I'm going to bring you back as an undead."

"Sure, fine by me as long as your resolve is pure. Now let's get going, those problems won't solve themselves."

Accepting the proffered hand, Ritsu stood up as well, before placing all the items she had confiscated back into a neat pile, at the corner of the room.

"We'll head out in five minutes, and make sure you wear something else below that armour, because as many spells as I know, [Curing Fever] isn't one of them."

Quaesitor, Haitaka and FuRen like this.
  13. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    Slum(Near Castle Walls)

After departing the craftsmen zone, Hyacinth and Paimon, accompanied by a wolf familiar the robed witch sent to guide and assist them, arrived at the southern slums.

"Based on what the tavern owner said, the alchemist princess, next mistress of the Fountain of Eternal Youth, should be kept right inside the dungeon of the castle, and that there is a secret pathway which would allow us to enter the castle undetected." Paimon said as he pushed the wheelchair. He then continued to ask, "Although, is there truly a need to save her?"

With her eyes enhanced with her spell, Hyacinth continued to scan the surroundings whilst muttering, "Assistant... for the spell..."

"Ah, yes, the revival spell." Paimon mused, "Aside from the spell itself, it requires fitting flesh for the dead and the legendary Philosopher Stone to call out the spirit. But I assume you would not need the latter? So you would be asking for an artificial flesh?"

In reply, Hyacinth wordlessly nodded, continuing to look around.

At that moment, a raven suddenly appeared before them, blocking their path while cawing. In response, Paimon took a step forward, about to shoo it away.

But then, he stopped in place, suddenly saying to Hyacinth, "It seems the crow wants us to follow it."

Not expecting such a thing, Hyacinth gave Paimon a look of curiosity, "You could... speak with... animals?"

"Not so, I simply am able to understand their intentions so long as they are intelligent enough." Saying thus, he pushed the wheelchair, following the lead of the raven.

The raven led them to an empty shed within one of the many dark alleys of the slums.

When she tried to open its door, Hyacinth noticed that it was locked and took out a key, the master key. Inserting it to the keyhole, she turned the key and the door opened with a clink. Once the door was opened, it revealed a man sized hole in the floor.

"Let's... go..."

Quaesitor, Haitaka and Haxagen like this.
  14. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link

"...this is an important test that all witches of our coven must face..."

The new witch might have told Ira that she refused to help but summoning her spirit into the field and having it manipulate the wind as its own, lessened the burden of Ira.

This is the first time she lost control of the wind without her mentor assisting her so she didn't know what to do.

She tried to reign in the wild wind around her body but to no avail. Ira crouched down and hugged her knees, trying to make her body smaller, thinking that the wind around her will shrink down as well.

The other witch upon seeing this, shook her head. "Don't be scared of your magic."

This triggered Ira's memories of her mentor.
    -------
    "I tried flying but I destroyed our house. I lost control of the wind." 10 years old Ira cried. "I can't fly at my age. The other witches said I'm a savage so I'm not compatible with wind magic. They said I should just carry around a club and bash heads."

"Well, you're really from a family of barbarians." Her mentor replied smilingly. Ira glared at her. "But so what? The barbarians do what they want and as free as the wind. I think they're the most compatible with the wind magic."

"You're just saying that so I can feel better." Ira pouted.

"I'm not. Uhmm...probably?" Ira's mentor grinned.

"Nowww...on the subject of control...I realized something...I was wrong by the way." She rubbed her chin with his thumb and forefinger. "It's hard to explain.... Ah!" She then pulled out a fan from her pocket and fanned slowly. "What do you feel?"

Ira shut her eyes and replied. "Almost nothing."

Her mentor then tried to fan very hard. "Now?"

Ira smiled, "A gentle breeze."

Her mentor then pulled out a giant fan from the rubbles of their home. She then fanned so hard that Ira got blown away.

"What the fuck?!" Ira cursed as she stood up. "You really have to do that?"

Her mentor grinned. "Those gossipy bitches are this little fan." She held up the smaller fan and then threw it back to the rubbles of their home. She then planted the giant fan on the ground and leaned on it. "You are the big fan. To generate a destructive wind, you need to control the big fan. Not the wind. The fan guides the wind. It. Guides. Not control. So don't be scared of your magic because..."

-------
    "...it's yourself that needs control."

Ira started laughing so hard that she teared up. "I get it now, you old hag. You fucking shitty mentor."

She then stood up and finally let go of any vestiges of control that she thought she had of the wind.

"For years, I thought the wind spirits go berserk when they touch me. That's why I got scared of them and I stopped using large scale wind magic." The swirling violent wind calmed down and flowed into her body.

"It turns out, I was just calling a huge amount of wind spirits and I'm just panicking so hard." Her tattoos glowed brightly. She picked up 1001 Nights.

"I understand now." She then swung it towards the remaining inquisitors that were about to attack the other witch. A huge gust of wind flowed out. They all flew away.

"Imma fucking giant fan, y'all!!"

Witch hunter location: Western Market

Quaesitor likes this.
  15. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Temple --- Ritsu and Izuna

The plan to infiltrate the Temple, while it had been quite complicated, was now extremely easy with Izuna joining them. Officially, she was still the Lord's Messenger, after all, and the letter was still with her.

It didn't even count as infiltration in Ritsu's books. Izuna was just visiting, and to make a convincing reason for her visit, Ritsu simply took out something she had obtained from Ariel, and passed it to Izuna.

Now, the duo were standing before the Temple, but everyone would only see the Knight Izuna. Ritsu was hidden in her shadow.

Marching boldly to the great doors, Izuna hammered on them, and as expectedly, once she had produced the Lord's Letter and the item Ritsu had given her, she was quickly allowed inside.

What kind of item did you give me?

Izuna was curious. As far as she could tell, the reason she had been allowed in without any suspicion was because of the item.

That? It was something I exchanged a while back, in one of the taverns. It's a potion of [Infathomable Hellfire].

Izuna nearly dropped the vial she was holding.

Be careful there. If that vial breaks, this whole place goes up in flames. Fire immunity won't save you.

You maniac! Tell me that kind of thing sooner!

Well, I'm out of items to trade with Ariel for, so that was the only thing I can use. Sorry.

Izuna sighed, and headed for the archives kept in the Temple...which conveniently happened to be built atop the Catacombs they happened to be looking for.

Stop. I'm going to check the archives forst. Who knows, there could be something else in them that could be used to our advantage.

Alright.

Izuna stopped at the first shelf, and picked out a book, flipping through the pages randomly.

...Haaaah. I'll do the searching. You just take a book you want to read, and read it properly. Our front depends on you, remember.

Izuna, on the other hand, rolled her eyes.

Yes, yes, I heard you, Mom.

Quaesitor likes this.
  16. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Crash why are you killing them in my hearing don't force my hand." Crash meanwhile is torturing many of the inquisitorial agents that she comes by.

"Don't be a party pooper, girl I am far older than you and when I was born your "GOD" didn't even exist so let me do as I wish." Crash begins moving even more erratically stirring up the nearby wind. Meanwhile the girl behind is having troubles and so has decided to curl herself into a ball.

Upon hearing the scrunching of clothing as if the girl was squatting down. "Girl don't be afraid of your powers." She has a shortbreak, the wind is a wild unnameable creature similar to that ghost over there. One doesn't control it only try to shape it's choices to your own ends." Whilst this is going the witch hunter has finally prepared himself for the fight with Adrestia.

"BAh you are such a party pooper I'm leaving here going to go have fun in the temple with that ghost from Rye town. See ya later ladies." Crash proceeds to disappears from sight leaving Adrestia and Ira to their own devices.

"A fickle ghost far to easy to manipulate when you understand it's kind. Now for a proper fight witch hunter I am the keeper of balance Adrestia." Adrestia's scale comes out from her body and lands upon the floor the blood in the air thickens and condenses returning back to it's normal position slick all over the floor. Two hearts appear on the scale perfectly weighted and balanced.

Then suddenly the side facing the witch hunter tips over. "It seems you have been judged unworthy by my god Witch hunter so I shall not rest until I have your head or retreat is preferable." Adrestia pulls out her sword against the witch hunter and slowly walks towards them. Adrestia then runs at the witch hunter and slashes at his throat. The witch hunter quickly defends against this attack with his guantlets and pulls out a small knife to continue the fight.

"Girl I don't need my sword to beat you I can do that with just this knife and my armour."
    "The size of the knife is not what matters it is how you use it that does mister witch hunter. Also Justice is blind much like myself."
    Adrestia begins by again stabbing her sword at the witch hunter but he continues to block. The witch hunter proceeds to block and makes a small cut in Adrestia's clothing a small book soundlessly drops out. As Adrestia is casting a small wind spell to knock out a person whom attacks Ida

The girl behind Adrestia yells "Imma fucking giant fan all."
    Having entered into the temple area just outside where the barrier was by releasing most of his power Crash is delighted to note that someone else has decided to open the way forward for her when he arrives at the temple. Crash proceeds to keep herself in a weakened state so as that he appears as a slight jump in the spatial mana. Then proceeds to follow the knight inside not noticing the witch due to lack of senses.

Location Witch Hunter: Western Market

Quaesitor likes this.
  17. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Temporarily transfering control over Luciela to @FuRen for the purpose of completing a mission. I will be available again tomorrow. }}

Haxagen and FuRen like this.
  18. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    Castle

After finally getting through the secret passage, Hyacinth and Paimon finally arrived inside a room within the castle, leaving the wolf familiar to stand guard outside the shed.

Examining their surrounding, Hyacinth soon realized that the secret passage seemed to have led them into a dimly lit warehouse of sort.

Suddenly, Hyacinth felt her shoulder being weighted down. Looking to the side, the raven had perched itself on her shoulder, pointing its beak at the door.

Covering the group with [Silence] and [Invisibility], Hyacinth, supported by Paimon, walked out of the room. The first thing she noticed that they seem to be underground, as the corridor was lit only with torches and filled with dry air.

The crow then cawed, pointing its peak to the right, most likely leading them to the cell area.

Soon, Hyacinth caught sight of the stone walls being replaced by iron bars with moonlight shimmering through the gaps.

"Who's there?" A voice called out from one of the cells. Following that, the crow flew off Hyacinth's shoulder and entered the cell where the voice seemed to come from.

Without a word, Paimon supported Hyacinth closer to the cell.

"Ah, are you here to save me?" Inside the cell, they saw a small girl staring into nothingness with her eyes gray and glazed, indicating her blindness.

"Yes..." Hyacinth said, taking out the master key and unlocking the cell.

"May I know the name of my savior?"

"...Hyacinth."

Witch Hunter Location: Temple

Quaesitor, Haitaka and Haxagen like this.
  19. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link

Just as I was about to dance from joy after creating the golem, I hear Macer Hornraven's voice from behind me and freeze. "W-welcome back... Mister Hornraven? I have indeed made something amazing. A stone golem, that will only listen to my commands. It will be a good addition to our forces."

When he mentions the daughter, it makes me think. Now, with immortality within grasp, why would I even care about her? Or even my coven. As long as I am immortal, nothing else matters!

"Yes, I wish for this curse, I wish for immortality. It is what I desire. I swear that if you grant me this, I will serve you. Within reason, of course, but I will serve you." Well, as long as I can keep my drugs, it should be fine.

"But, there actually is something of importance which could aid our cause. There should be a secret weapon within the catacombs beneath the Temple. I say we seize it."

Naraku and Haitaka like this.
  20. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link

"Alright" I say revealing my fangs, "I did give you a choice, always remember that"

The moment her neck is within my reach, I bite down and begin to suck out the blood in her body. She whimpers slightly under the sudden sensation, but quickly begins to go quiet as her body goes cold; her limbs begin going limp, and her breathing goes shallow, her heart tries to pump what remaining blood is in her body but begins going still. She enters into a catatonic state, on the verge of death.

"My apologizes my dear" I whisper into her dear, "I have never been a fan of this part", with that I cut open my wrist, opening her mouth, placing my wrist over it and allowing the blood enter her.

At first there was no strong reaction. Her body laid still as more of my blood began to leave my body. Second, after second of stillness, of waiting. Until I began to feel a sensation other than blood leaving my wrist. As if something was sucking the blood out of me.

"It seems your body has accepted the change", I say with the same innocent smile I always wear, "excellent"

Her body began to change slightly. Warping in unannounced ways, allowing the new found powers entering her to take hold. Her missing body parts unfortunately did not grow back, but her eyes began to move rapidly under her eyelids, as if she was experiencing a very vivid dream. Her body rises up, and begins to maneuver, getting used to her new found form.

"Welcome back Saahira" I say with a smile, "How do you feel?"

Naraku and Quaesitor like this.