LCD Card Disciple

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she'll even be able to handle a card like that.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the mudfish card is a clue to the identity of the mysterious card's maker.

Also curious if this incident will lead to the Zuo family finding him.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll get any commissions from this or the repair work.

4. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess the guy doing the TL on ww stopped

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like it was a much more important competition than he thinks it is.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know if it's possible to read the ad-locked chapters without signing up for QI? I'd rather they not have any way of contacting me. I'd be shocked if they didn't do something shady with the information.

7. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    I
    You can make an account with disposable email

jacobpaige likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C88: Why wouldn't he want to ask Zuo Tingyi to make the copy? I'm sure he'd be happy to be able to tell his sister that he'd made the core component himself. The only question would be whether or not he had the time.

C90: He really should have lit the mansion on fire or booby trapped it to explode or something. There's no telling what he might have left behind that could be used to track him after all.

Wouldn't they have some sort of relationship with the Nings? Why wouldn't he try to leverage that to get them to seize the MC in their stead? It's not like they couldn't return the favor in some way after all, nor does he know that the MC has a connection in the Ning household. Heck, even the MC doesn't really know it.

C91: I wonder if she'll even need to protect him actively, or if his would be assailants will recognize her and back off on their own.

C92: How did he manage to not hit any bystanders when firing his card in such a crowd?

C93: I was beginning to think he didn't care about the collateral damage.

"The Ning family would never casually take other people's things." I sincerely doubt the veracity of this statement, especially after he had to reprimand one of his people for trying to do exactly that.

That aside, I wonder why they didn't inspect his stuff. There was a lot of really suspicious items in there.

C94: I wonder if he'll even want to leave once he can...

That aside, does he have to pay for the materials used in repairing the cards, or is that covered by the Nings?

C95: Why would the shop attendants be derisive? Anyone that has a right to be in that shop is someone they shouldn't want to offend.

C97: I'm betting that they're upset with him for freeloading without doing any repair work recently.

C99: I wonder how big of a storm that card will create, and why. Honestly, it didn't sound that special compared to some of the cards we've already seen. Perhaps it'll be it's relatively low level compared to its destructive power?

C100: I wonder how long it'll take for word of that card's performance to reach the Nings. I expect the new owner will have to do something flashy with it before they'll start caring.

Though, it occurs to me that, if the card ever needs to be repaired, there's only going to be one person that's capable of doing so. I wonder how many contribution points he'd get if that ever happened? ;)

C101: That's the per card value? Wow, that is high. I thought it was the value for all of them combined when she was listing out the price structure.

C102: I wonder if his sentence is about to change from "repair 200 cards" to "make 200 raining shuttle cards" ;)

C103: Since he doesn't have to spend points on materials anymore, I wonder what he'll do with all those points. Just one of those cards would pay for private instruction for 10 hours, so I doubt he'll use it all on that.

C104: I wonder if the Nings will wind up seeing this jet-stream card in action. If so, I'm betting they'll want it at least as much as the Raining Shuttle .II.

Also wondering how long it'll be until all this catches the eyes of a truly powerful faction and they come knocking on the Nings door looking to "recruit" the MC.

C105: If only they'd gone to check on him. I'm sure they would have been astonished by some aspect of his card's performance.

C106: It occurs to me that he could use his excess of points to start putting out commissions for materials (like that rock) that people wouldn't ordinarily bother to collect.

C107: I wonder if he'll get in trouble for this later. The Nings might have been intending to keep the upgraded version for their own personal use.

C108: If three star is so much more popular than four star, then why were the vast majority of the commissions for four star?

He should probably still leave a message with the commission office in case the MC tries to sell the cards again. It's not likely to happen, but he thought the same thing about the MC doing it the first time.

That aside, I wonder when/if we'll get the Zuos perspective on all this, and if they'll regret driving the MC into their enemy's arms, or just the fact that they failed to kill him.

I'm also curious if the Nings will ever be willing to let him go now, regardless of whether or not he completes his 200 repairs. If not, then I have to also wonder if he'll break himself out (probably with the Big Mud Fish), the scary lady will break him out, or that Ning whose energy cloak he repaired will help him escape. I don't think he'd mind staying of course, but once he knows he doesn't have the option of leaving, I expect that to change.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope she's going to be important. Otherwise, this chapter will have been a near total waste.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That guy is kinda stupid. A slow, heavy hitting card is great for certain enemies and situations, but suicidal for many others. He really should have hung onto his original card for its versatility. Or, he could have directly asked the MC to make him both cards and given his card and the contribution points as compensation.

That aside, I wonder if the MC will improve that card and use it as his own in the future.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why that top card master that wanted to meet Chen Mu after not being able to copy his card hasn't made any move to meet with him since the war ended. He might even be able to help Chen Mu with the parts of that Bipolar Thunderball card that he doesn't understand.

Also wondering what Bo Wen is up to with regard to the MC, and why he wasn't particularly impressed by Chen Mu's flight scores. Are the standards in his hometown so much higher that 90 is only average to him?

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if he really feels like he got it too cheaply, then he could always make the guy both the fast, weak card and the slow, powerful card.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    When he shows off his new card to his friend and Bo Wen, I wonder if the Nings representative will drop by the MC's place and ask him to stop doing commissions for people outside of their family ;)

Also curious what the attack value was for the Raining Shuttles .II card, and how much this new card cost in materials alone.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how far he'll make it in his training before the Nings force him to run. Also curious what will wind up convincing Bo Wen that Chen Mu is worth poaching if those two cards weren't enough to do it.

15. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    QI is the only translation now as far as I know.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C121: It's out of character for that excessive reward to not have made the MC extremely suspicious, especially when its the same bait that was used in the last trap he avoided.

C122: I was really hoping that he'd wake up and realize that it was all a trap after thinking about it for a bit longer, but I guess the author has decided to temporarily lobotomize the MC.

That aside, I wonder if he'll actually get the pens. It feels like he shouldn't, but since the author is going through so much trouble to warp his character's personality and intelligence, it wouldn't really make much sense if he didn't get them in the end.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C127: I guess this is the author's way of making absolutely certain that the MC can't have any peace until he's conquered the majority of the world. I just hope they don't decide to try to take it out on Copper. Though, honestly, I don't know why they wouldn't. They're almost certainly petty enough, and doing so might draw him out.

That aside, I wonder if the person who made the card was part of that sect, or if he just ransacked their heritage.
    C128: If it takes him three minutes to get into that state, then how is he planning to follow anyone out? Even the slowest of them shouldn't take even one minute, much less three.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't get why he insisted on returning. He has no way of finding Copper and his quality of life in the jungle exceeded his wildest dreams. There was basically no reason to do it, especially when he's still so weak.

20. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I remembered, they were forced to leave due to a disaster (something like "energy-draining glue fall from the sky")