Spoiler Charlotte Has Five Disciples vs BERSERK, Plagiarism? (Contains spoilers)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by PossaSimon, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Medelio forever ... Although the fandom is split into Medea X Helio and Medea X Perion but currently nobody has yet to equal Medea ...

2. PossaSimon

PossaSimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    coincidence?. Not...
    people who deserve to be betrayed for putting their image of sanctity before being fair:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Naruto empathizes with all those villains who kill innocents, Naruto does not kill them and sets them free. He lets them talk for hours and believes them. He gives them second chances and believes that with his TALK NO JUTSU everything will be solved and he sends others to do the dirty work because he does not want to tarnish his reputation by becoming a "murderer"
    [​IMG]
    His own child may be possessed by a rare being. Naruto does not hesitate before others saying that he is going to kill him, he does not listen to his own son when he says the truth or tries to empathize with him, he ignores his son and prefers to adopt a stranger who is a threat to the village (Kawaki) . And he treats him a thousand times better than his own family, he thinks that his talk no jutsu will work for Kawaki but no ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the traitors club or Griffith DID NOTHING WRONG
    [​IMG]
    ORIGINAL: Griffith berserk
    Griffith 2.0: Ryo Devil man cry baby
    Griffith 3.0: Canute Vinland saga
    Griffith 4.0: Patry Black clover
    Griffith 5.0: Evan

Nothing will go wrong - everything goes wrong

Let's count since Griffith 5.0 was rescued:
    1. That same day Charlotte told the stupidest person of her disciples "Yulian the amnesiac", important information but Yulian did not understand anything. If someone like me wants to destroy the world and forces you to do bad things it is very important that you let me know and stop me- Charlotte. Refers to a demon stealing her appearance. As happened to this person, who obviously for that to happen he killed many innocent people in black magic rituals:
    [​IMG]
    This happened in a single day, because of Charlotte's obsession to save who does not want to be saved and who would not do the same for her:
    [​IMG]

Suzaku from Code geass, is a Naruto that nobody agrees with. At least what he says makes some sense:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Her first disciple the emperor Carsilion Marveil, she considers him an enemy for doing his job as an emperor and protecting innocent people by locking up a criminal who is capable of creating an apocalypse of demons where there is a history of 100 years ago, and obviously he was going to run it which is the logical option. For not giving in to her illogical and absurd demands, Charlotte considers him an enemy, and she sends someone else to confront him but they don't call her a traitor :facepalm:

3. She interrogates the most liar of his disciples and who has no right to demand anything for all the problems he has caused.:blob_zipper_mouth:

4. She will release an apocalypse-level threat from prison and has no plan to control it other than TALK NO JUTSU. She will tie him up with a few simple rags and an innocent person "Vermon" kidnaps him, ties him with chains and puts shackles on him.:blobtriumph:

5. She sees a gargoyle attack in a village and neither flinches nor suspects that something bad is going to happen.:blobneutral:

6. She indirectly helped Carsilion's brother who also has demonic powers and plans to kill Carsilion and the crown prince to become the new king of Marveil.:blobsalt::blobsalt:

7. she has not taught anyone or shared information on how to kill those demons:sweating_profusely:

8. Her fairy disciple, Eldow Cindy who wants to help solve the situation. Charlotte denies her help and runs away from her. Although Charlotte is weak and has no obvious motivation to solve any of these problems, she is just waiting for the villains to be ready to attack them, Eldow is the crown princess of the fairies she has the power to see the future as FK and to eliminate the demons for good. But she prefers to refuse good help:blobangery::blobangery::blobangery:

9. Charlotte wanted to bring Pandora's box to Klauss's kingdom, it is not enough for her that this threatened Marveil also wants the demons to eat innocent Klauss people.:blobunsure:

10. Charlotte prefers to draw hasty conclusions about how Jeffrey handled the situation that she definitely does not want to solve, preferring to blame him and make him her enemy. Despite the fact that there were reliable witnesses (Vermon and the skeleton lady) she preferred to empathize with the villain just like Naruto does, as the sanctimonious say they are a cancer who do nothing or let them do anything.:blobthumbsdown:

11. Now she wants to make an enemy not only of one kingdom but of 2 (Klauss and Marveil).
    As a person like this who calls herself an archmage, does she have the guile of saying that she protects the innocent and that everything she is doing is right?:hmm:
    She should learn from Gran torino's advice to Deku (an ex-naruto):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    it is better to do that than to make this happen:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2021
  3. Mhwang2002

Mhwang2002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please just stop. We know you think this is plagiarism. If the Beserk author isn’t going after Charlotte why are you? It’s not your job to police this it’s the other author’s job. Please let us enjoy this spoiler thread without this gigantic distraction. Just leave.

4. Disguised_Owl

Disguised_Owl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second to what @Mhwang2002 said. I personally love theories that other readers come up with since it gives you more to think about. I also understand that you are frustrated since you think that the author of "Charlotte has five disciples" plagiarized "Berserk". You are also comparing other characters from other anime/manga to berserk, which really isn't right. Just because you see something that looks alike to something else doesn't always mean that its copied. (I'm not saying that it doesn't happen because it does but accusing without knowing the author's side of the story isn't correct either). Sometimes, it could be an inspiration too.

5. Shiroikaze42

Shiroikaze42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hate to break it to you, but having similarities does not plagiarism make. Plagiarism would mean directly lifting text, quotes, characters, images, etc. from another work. Having the same story beats, similar character concepts, similar themes, similar world concepts; none of that is plagiarism. Even if they had the same number of characters, going to the same number of places, and doing the same basic things in each of those places, that still would not be a definite case for plagiarism. You would have to show us long strings of text matching up nearly perfectly, or images that look like they were traced over to make a decent case. Or at the very least show us that all the story beats match up almost identically.

EDIT: Also, from what I've read of Charlotte Has Five Disciples and Berserk, they are absolutely nothing alike, and I'm not sure how your mind went in this direction at all.

(Also, totally unrelated to plagiarism or not, what I've read of Charlotte Has Five Disciples (the manhwa) has been quite stupid. Poorly adjusted man-children rampage through the world to find their supposedly dead master. Said master supposedly wants to experience love, but makes no effort or progress towards that. Really a disappointing read.)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  6. Yona dear

Yona dear Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, this thing that I'm writing is all my own opinion and I can't help it if anyone wants to disagree.
    Look here, how can you so easily put the label plagiarism on something? You get that it's an insult to all the hard work CH5D's author is doing??!
    Only God knows just how much time that one person there (who wrote all those posts about the similarities between berserk and CH5D) spent to write all that shit, just for what?! to prove that CH5D is plagiarism!!! So you spent all that time and found similarities and edited all those pictures so in the end you can talk shit about CH5D?
    Do you have any personal problems with Yong Yong (CH5D's author) ??!
    Personally, I didn't read berserk, but I'm following CH5D and it's my favourite manhwa now, so my blood boils always, when someone just out of nowhere talks shit about Charlotte. (And please don't judge me that I'm saying this just because I didn't read berserk. I'm just saying something logical.)
    OK so you spent all that time because you wanted to show the similarities, so what? Are you gonna say all shojo mangas are plagiarism of each other because they all have confession and kiss scenes??!! You think you have the right to step on author's honor and hard work because you saw some similarities?!
    So if anyone were to think that xx story is similar to xxx story, they could just sit and think about it all day, find reasons and then come out and say the xxx story is plagiarism!!!! That's something that can be done about a lot of mangas since no matter how you look there is always one or two similarities between all mangas.
    WHAT I WANT TO SAY IS please don't insult CH5D. To simply put it, it's so damn frustrating. why can't people just enjoy this brilliant story and be happy that it exists?!
    Now I pity Charlotte and its author. I hope Yong Yong never hears of any of this shit. You don't know how heartbreaking it is for an author if people say to them that the work that they're putting life and soul into it, is just merely a copy of some other thing.

I agree with the part that says CH5D is not plagiarism, But I don't understand how you find it a disappointing read. Did you even take a close look at story and try to read it seriously, or just overlooked the first few chapters and thought "oh it's nothing special"?!
    actually this story can be meaningful and is a very good read. The disciples who have been through a very hard life each, and no one helped them in their hard times expect Charlotte; of course it's hard for them to accept her death, that's why they do anything they can to have her back.
    And Charlotte, who thought that is leaving with no regrets and can finally rest after 100 years of living the hardest life, but found out that her life was lacking because she never loved anyone. It's beautiful, because she got to know that love is a necessary existence to all humans life, and no matter how much of a successful person you are in life, without love, you can't be complete. That's reflecting on human's nature and I find it so meaningful.
    Jeffrey, who seems like to be ML, is someone who has waited and love Charlotte for more than 100 years, just waited and waited hoping that Charlotte someday return his feelings, so he's the opposite of Charlotte in the matter of love, and is the perfect example of a pure love.
    Evan, who looks like the 2nd ML, is the example of toxic love that ruins people. He could be just an ordinary kid and live the life Charlotte wanted him to, but his abnormal obsession and toxic love led him to be a dreadful sinner.
    The other disciples also, are people who could never let go of their master and couldn't accept her death and did just any childish thing to have her back. But after all this story happens, in the end, I think that they will learn how to move on and live even though they have to accept that their beloved master will die someday; since she is a human... and in the first place a living being will experience death, no matter who they are; whether it be the strongest archmage or anyone else.
    And as I'm hoping for a passionate love to happen between Charlotte and Jeffrey () I think when that happens, Charlotte will find true meaning to her life, and will want to live on without thinking about death with Jeffrey. His love will move her heart, and she will become a better person; tries to overcome her flaws and learn to how to lean on others and ask for help from someone else, and will learn that no matter how strong someone is, there are some problems that you are ought to solve with other people's help.
    See? it's meaningful. It's beautiful.
    A very good read

solivagantsoul likes this.
  7. Yona dear

Yona dear Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me: "I'm the dumbest man alive!"
    Someone: "CH5D is plagiarism"
    Me: "sorry, you're clearly dumber"

still it feels so ridiculous no matter how many times I see this absurd title / section. Comparing CH5D with Berserk in the first place is like comparing an eagle with a lion. Completely different kinds. That one is an action manga and the other is a romance manhwa. you've got some personal problems with YongYong I'm sure.

Shoshi likes this.
  8. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Off topic question:

The Manga Guin Saga officially inspired the late Kentaro Miura's Berserk.

Do you think CLAYMORE has been influenced by or has similarities with Guin Saga or Berserk?

9. one comment

one comment New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro literally looked at a squirrel and said “Berserk has a squirrel, therefore, having a squirrel in your story is plagiarism”.
    Dude isn’t able to comprehend that berserk is a story that actually has like a million “coincidences” with other stories that came before, and as such thinks that every single thing in berserk is 100% original.

It’s not that deep. Perhaps you’ve all failed to notice, but, in one story you got this buff dude with a big ass sword. And in the other you got this FEMALE (shocker, they exist) magic user that uses (you guessed it) magic. Once you stop nitpicking out of context random images and information and look at the whole of both stories you realize something.

You just read a story intended for a female audience, and you cannot cope with that you enjoyed it so you try to find the manliest thing possible and say “SEE THIS IS ACTUALLY JUST BERSERK IN DISGUISE GUYS, GUYS? I LIKE MEN STUFF!”

Sorry for making fun of you mate, but it’s hard to take it seriously so I just had to make a bunch of jokes.
    Seriously though, next time I see a squirrel, I’ll remember that berserk made them.

Shoshi likes this.
  10. fiminkio

fiminkio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there was actually another thread abt charlotte and 5 disciples but got deleted. I remember bcs i posted something there.
    This spoiler thread become such a ridiculous discussion. If they want to accuse, so much stories actually has same situation. Not just this. Like you can get inspiration from anywhere.

P.s. Jeffrey he is so pitiful. Like i read the side story (there are only 5 chapters). He alr hurt so much from bfr she died. I always feel bad for the female protagonist but in this, jeffrey was everything. I want to give him a hug. Especially in side story, when he saw charlotte got engagement to sh**ty prince. I saw jeffrey's expression and my heart just broke