Spoiler Chinese almanac master (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Sa76, Feb 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone,

Who has read the chinese bl novel called Huangli shi/ Chinese almanac master? It is adopted to an anime and will be released this summer 2019. It is animated/produced by BC animation, the one who also made the anime mo dao zu shi.

baka8roukanako likes this.
  2. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's being translated here, so have a look.

3. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the link, i have already read the translated chapters. I also tried to translate the raws using google translate but certain things weren't clear, that's why i am asking for spoilers

4. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. baka8roukanako

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you'd have to ask the translator...

6. aNonYm0U5

aNonYm0U5 I’ll do it tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Basic summary from the protagonist's point of view pls. I just want to know what the plot is before anything else.

7. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All i know is that the mc is called xiao nanzen. He is retired from the army and is now jobless. Because he didn't finish his school, the chances for finding a good paying job is Low. His grandma , best friend and the people from his neighbourhood are all into supstition and that's also their job, for example blind massage and fortune telling. His grandma has a calendar called huangli shi and it's very special. The calender celebrates/ it's about the 12(?) festivals in china. So each time a god, that's been worshipped in those festivals, comes Out of the calendar. The main character is Being dragged into a huaxia world, where he's fighting with the gods for something i guess, as you could see in the trailer.

8. Dayong9909

Dayong9909 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML?

9. Anie

Anie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is BL? Really BL?:hmm:

lilysmith likes this.
  10. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes , it is really bl. The mc is xiao nanzhen, the guy who just retired from the army and the ml is Chuxi, the guy with the long hair and wearing an armor on the cover. He is the seme/gong and he's the calendar god of new year's eve. Then you have Situ Zhang, he's the one with glasses. He's the best friend of the mc. And then you have that little girl on the cover . She's yuanxiao, she's the calendar god of the lantern festival, but she doesn't appear a lot in the novel, so maybe they decided to give her an important role in the novel? Who knows. But i tried to read the raws using google translate and it's quite easy to understand what's going on.

11. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So more spoilers. chapters 42-43&53-54 are smut scenes. You can Find the uncensored version online, but beware of nsfw ads on those sites. There are other bl couples beside the main couple. The main couple kiss a lot and in chapter 33 the mc asks the ml, Chuxi, if he likes HIM. The ml answers that he doesn't know, but he already confessed to himself that he really likes/loves the mc . So ml is the one who fell in love first. This novel is a happy ending. Other bl couple(s) have a lot of chapters about their relationship, more than ten chapters.

12. baka8roukanako

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting! The site has something like a tag 'pure love'?, but it seems the R18 bits exist, but were removed.
    @Sa76

13. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've found the smut scenes yesterday. If you copy the chinese name for this novel on google ,
    不科学唯物主义秘密档案, then you should click on the website m.fpzw. The site has only the chapters 1-80, but the smut scene is there, chapter 42-43 and 53(?)-54-55.

lilysmith and Kailyria20 like this.
  14. baka8roukanako

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not going to read anything with google translate, so I just hope the translator will take notice of this and not deprive us of such worthy content. :sushi_singing:

PhoenixChameleon likes this.
  15. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the smut raws using google translate and it was quite easy to understand what's going. I'm not talking about only the smut scenes but the novel in general. But you're right that it will be better to leave it to the translators who can understand Chinese. The other bl couple is qingming festival x cold food festival, among others. Qingming has a bad temper and cold food festival is quite Shy. Then we also have the bl couple mid autumn festival x dragon boat festival. The ml, Chuxi, is also shy, serieus and is a Great cook. He's also sweet&gentle towards the uke (mc)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  16. baka8roukanako

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WoW Thanks for the link and pictures . Honestly , i don't know how to feel about the look of the mc. He's almost 30 but they made him look so much younger, like early 20. Still like his design and the design of the other characters. I can't copy the pictures here , but i have the link of the anime/author on weibo and you can Find there the design and pictures of the other characters.
    https://m.weibo.cn/u/6884117838?ref...ag=1005055013_&jumpfrom=weibocom#&gid=1&pid=1

lilysmith likes this.
  18. baka8roukanako

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he looks too young. Thank you for the link!

19. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to clarify, usually bl is tagged 纯爱 “pure love" doesnt mean that its actually 'pure'. Not sure why chinese settled on that for bl though :blob_grin:

Anie and baka8roukanako like this.
  20. baka8roukanako

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha! Thanks for clarification! Seems like a wrong choice of words (most of the time)! :blobcheeky: