Forgotten Title Chinese/Korean Fantasy Novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Zzz_2004, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Zzz_2004

Zzz_2004 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Old Title: Chinese Fantasy Novel
    *New Title: Chinese/Korean Fantasy Novel
    My sister always told me a fantasy novel that she never reveals the name of the characters nor title, and I desperately need to know it. The story is about a powerful mage/magician who fell in love with a fairy, and he trains himself really hard to become powerful to achieve immortality so that he can be with the fairy. After he becomes powerful and married the fairy, he only took powerful or talented mages or magicians to become his apprentice. Then after they leave his apprenticeship and separate their ways into their faction he goes on and travels around the world with his wife(?). Many people had asked him to take their children to be his apprentice but he usually rejected them because he see no potential in them. Then sometimes later someone or the couple found a baby girl with a mark from an ancient or rare race/tribe/clan and they send her to the fairy realm. Then another baby girl was found after her whole family was killed in a single night. Finally, after a few years later the two girls grew up and took apprenticeship from him. The girl with the mark specialized in potion or herbology. Then the girl that had her entire family killed was something related to control magical or spirit beast (this is one of the rarest ability in the story). A few years later, another apprentice had joined them. He is from a famous(?) clan and he specialize in creating stuff (which is pretty rare in the story as well). The powerful mage/magician students are powerful than others at their age who usually train in a magical school/academy. This is all I can write at the moment, if you have any questions then feel free to ask away :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    S.C_123 likes this.
  2. Scholar Monarch

Scholar Monarch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +Boost 1

Idk, but I'll help you get attention from the community. Seems pretty niche so maybe your sister was trolling.

Zzz_2004 and Dotencsure like this.
  3. Dotencsure

Dotencsure Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +2
    True lol..my sister trolled me like this about a darama

Zzz_2004 and Scholar Monarch like this.
  4. Zzz_2004

Zzz_2004 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She said that she read this novel from a translator and they tend to rename all the characters and title so that they don't get copyrighted. But I would be really amazed that she come up with all of this

Dotencsure likes this.
  5. Scholar Monarch

Scholar Monarch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh... I am also kinda interested so if you find the name tell me about it.

Zzz_2004 likes this.
  6. Zzz_2004

Zzz_2004 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will try my best to make my sister give me the name, or she could ask the translator herself where the novel is from since they usually translate the literal meaning of the title. So I doubt that we could search it with just the translated title alone.

S.C_123 likes this.
  7. S.C_123

S.C_123 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds pretty interesting. I hope you can find the novel and I’ll be here waiting for it, I would like to see the mage and fairy love story :)

Zzz_2004 likes this.
  8. Zzz_2004

Zzz_2004 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard from my sister that they can’t have children so they see the apprentices as the children of their own (which is really cute:aww:) The fairy likes to dress the girls up and went on shopping for both them. Also the guy that just joined them usually pay them when they visit the human world. And for the mage he doesn’t really care about the apprentices he just wanted to be with his wife since it took him centuries for him to make his wife agree to marry him:blobsmilehappyeyes:

S.C_123 likes this.
  9. S.C_123

S.C_123 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww, that’s really nice of the wife. But is there any romance between the apprentices? And could you elaborate more on each apprentice too?

10. Zzz_2004

Zzz_2004 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to my sister, the girl with mark and the recent apprentice guy are kind of flirting with each other. Also, she was the one who helped him passed the mage’s test since he have to create a tool for her. The girl who can control magical beast currently have no love interest. And for each of the apprentice, I would try my best to explain to you.

Girl with rare mark: she specialize in herbology, potion, or medicine, along the line. She was found somewhere by someone or the mage and fairy couple. The fairy wife decided to send her to the fairy realm and that’s how she specialize in those herbal medicine area.

Girl that control magical beast: she is one of the rare mage who got that power which is believe to be extinct. She was born in a strong or famous clan but they were attacked by the evil force and she is the only one left. Her aunt from the good side brought her to the powerful mage and he was surprise as to how she can summon his magical beast without him calling it. This is the reason why she was his apprentice since the mage himself isn’t really knowledgeable at this field and he would like to learn more about it.

The guy who can create magical equipment(?): he is from a famous clan or something along the line, his clan isn’t specialize in this ability since this ability is probably an ancient or rare one. His grandfather took note of his ability and brought his grandson to the powerful mage. The mage didn’t really want him but his grandfather insist to let his grandson try for a limited time. So the mage gave the grandson a test where he have to create an equipment for the girl with a mark without saying what her ability is. At first he kind of struggled because he doesn’t know what kind of ability she has until she gave a hint by shaking her bracelet that let out a smell of herbs. The mage obviously know that the girl gave him a hint but still let him have chance to see how smart he is. Luckily, he got a big brain and figure out how to create the equipment in the next few days.

This is all I got for you and I hope you can help me find this story by sharing it :blobsmilehappy:

S.C_123 likes this.
  11. S.C_123

S.C_123 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the info! I will try to share it and hope that we could find it :)