Discussion Chinese Racism in Modern Day novel's!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Denizen, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really thrown into cells, last year was shown case of mane who lived to age of 90+ and had some tens of years as suspect of killing, he was ss man and he killed many people, he even said he didn't care really, and they can eat shit since he lived his life well, forget raping and looting since they can't throw him to jail anymore, I would suggest torture to the end of days.

2. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, nice joke. The old testament has plenty of it.

*pats*

3. barashkafromro

barashkafromro Not well-known member.

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely not us, but people who will live 1000 or more years in the future will decide if something was wrong today with all of their vast accumulated knowledge on our modern history. We live in the same era as Chinese who hate Japanese and our view is too narrow.

4. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    Those damn yellow people and their racism

5. VOLX98

VOLX98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im chinese and i agree

6. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Time won't replace knoweledge which was destroyed or hidden, as we are sentient lifeforms we have the very right to do anything, whether it be judging or killing, same thing victim doesn't need 1000 years for judges to uncover all possibilites when his nemesis is right there standing unharmed. Knoweledge helps in judging right way, but the right itself belongs to us and no other.

7. Anon2.0

Anon2.0 [God of Ice][Faaldara's ][FrostFire Head][Dia]

Reading List:
    Link
    My view on this (I'm chinese, kek) is that people just can't seem to let go of grudges -_- and can't move on. (The war was quite a while back...)
    And there's also propganda.

8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much every country does?
    European kingdoms/country do, various dinasty do. That's what a community does when they have long hystory of prosperity and wide territories. The only difference are how they treat other country, ranging from simple gossiping, fighting over territories and heritage, to claiming other country's citizen as non human and massacre them.

asriu and MadHatter like this.
  9. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wonder why Germany is 2nd place to hate China. Never heard anyone in school or university hating China, even in school history lessons it's rare to even get to the chinese timeline in 20th century, 2/3 of that is nazi,nazi,nazi & Word War 1+2 and the rest is about what the other German politicians were doing.

Btw, where did you get that poll? Is there one for Germany as well? I'd like to see that please!

10. TheNoraShinki

TheNoraShinki 『Cryo's Esper』『Cryo's Silly Husband』

Reading List:
    Link
    That title bothers me :|

novel's -> novels please.

Your generalizations honestly aren't a helpful mindset to have lol.

MadHatter likes this.
  11. Sunrise

Sunrise Your ordinary passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this racism not related to world war 2 at all. My country also being attacked and colonized by Dutch(before the ww2) and Japanese (ww2). But I don't have grudge against them. My grandfather even loss his leg than later loss his life because of war. But that doesn't make me to hate Dutch.

I think Chinese racism to Japanese is about a grudge to a more successful neighborhood nation.(I am half Chinese myself but my grandfather and grandmother never talk or even mention about ww2 or Japanese. So I talk about this in my father family point of view.)

12. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    It rather annoys me and I tend to drop novels like that.
    just doesnt make it.. as fun

13. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese people are racists as fuck.

They're still salty at WW1 and WW2.

14. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    well it's a bit of funny weird view from me,but that's because china have too many people that's why the casualties always big. They just forgot their nutshell.

if i should blame,just blame community and history teacher who usually teach the hate.

15. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up there… other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize their hate for Japanese is as big as Japanese's hate for Chinese, right?

It's not racism. Both have been waging war for hundreds of years. Though both sides already started to lower their hostilities, nonetheless it still exists.

MadHatter likes this.
  16. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, for those of you making snarky comments, screw you. Try having you families massacred before your eyes. Yes history is full of colonisation, and war. BUT what the Japaness did to the Chinese at the time were much more extreme.

I'll take Qingdao for example, since I've lived there for the earlier stages of my life. It was first occupied by the Germans. And how did they treat the colony? They built it up, developed it, and treated it as a gold mine. Locals were not treated as worse than animals, the Germans didn't cause a blood bath through the entire city. They understood that civilians were not part of the war. All was well under German rule.

Then came the Japanese. They defeated the Germans in war, and the first thing they do? Mass slaughter on the streets of Qingdao. Endless rape throughout the city. That was what people have to put up with just on the first day. Then when they took over, they only destroyed. Never built anything, tricked, lied, screwed the locals over and treated them worse than animals. Heck, if they didn't need the locals for manual labour, human experiments and comforted women, they would have killed everyone. What they wanted as a simply a new piece of land for them to live on.

This is just Qingdao, which did not suffer nearly as much as other more northern parts. Sure Nazis had concentration/death camps, and ruled with fear. But the Japanese? They turned the entire North-eastern China into a huge concentration/death camps. Can you really blame our older generation for hating the Japanese so much?

And to add salt onto the wound? As a nation, their official standing is that there is nothing wrong with whatever they did. In comparison, Germany as a nation is actually sorry for they have done, and they are trying really hard to prevent anything similar situation from being developed again.

17. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    Name one country that once was victim of war, and now has no racism.

BTW, what country you were born? Does it has no racism???

18. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    Just gunna say, Korea almost had their history, culture, and language wiped out during their occupation by Japan before and during ww2, and you don't see tons of korean webnovels filled with random racism. there are probably still tons of racists in Korea, but their authors see no point to filling their stories with such nonsense, and the Korean audience doesn't get into a hissy fit if a popular web novel isn't nationalistic enough.

19. Dreken01

Dreken01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't we just agree to dislike each other equally??!!
    So long as it doesn't lead to another war, it's all just nationalistic and political hype.
    Until the day someone acts on this rhetoric it's all just bluster.

I remember seeing this clip of a Chinese guy raving about some kind of racist propaganda at another gentleman, until the guy knocked him out.

20. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

bro do you understand what the japanese did...

imagine if germany not only denied the holcaust but hilter along with the party lived happily ever after being protected and praised by germany.

The japanese raped, invented torture even inquistors would be impressed with, and were just generally disgusting degenerates(forced men to rape their own daughters, sexual rape with bayonets as an example) during the war. and then they turned around and pretended none of it ever happened.

Or imagine if the U.S pretend slavery never happened. Theres alot of hate but its like it doesn't bother me because some people still alive lived thorugh that horid shit. Its not some ancient history.

ieatdurians and MadHatter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.