Forgotten Title Chinese transmigration to historical times, employ modern knowledge

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by luathas, Jun 3, 2023.

1. luathas

luathas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all

So I read a Chinese MTL some time back about a modern man transmigrating into a teen's body set in ancient/medieval times.
    The author does not specify the time period (I think? Or it would be the tail end of Yuan Dynasty. Dont ask me why)

I dont recall the name like AT ALL. But I do know the important facts about the novel, and tried searching for it in the recommended lists, but no luck so far.

Maybe it isnt on Novel Updates :(
    Any of you who reads MTL, can you please help me out? Its a great book and IF Novel Updates doesnt have its translation, I think its a pity fr
    So the main points of the book are as follows :

1. The modern person transmigrates into the ancient teen when he (the Original) was sent to Southern China by his Father to learn some craft and make monies. But at this point, original dies of cold and hunger R.I.P

2. The MC then employes modern knowledge to not only manage his property but also builds small primitive buildings for his employees. He supports a full working-class. He also meets the would-be Emperor of the new Dynasty, who is just a normal man at this time. But of course he gives him minimal power, fit to his current position in the community.

3. Employees an Army for the community for self protection. ML (original teen's childhood friend) manages this Army to fight the vagabonds and thiefs, as the Capital and Emperor are a hot mess, common people are left to fend for themselves.

4. He (along with his massive community) then moves to a sea side city to take root. Because he knows salt would be a lucrative business in the coming years.

5. Likewise he sets up city after city in Southern China. Grows his influence so much that The Court is now threatened.
    He is known as the "Southern Bodhisattva" by the common people. I remember this Title clearly. Bodhisattva because he puts the common people first, unlike the other existing Princes and The Court.

6. Makes use of prostitutes to infiltrate and cause discord between a famous prince and his capable ministers.

7. Takes down The Court and all other opposing forces eventually. And yes the person who was supposed to be the Emperor according to the historical records is still a General serving in his Army.

8. Becomes the Emperor. But because he is gay and a ModERn man, he makes the childern of his sister as nominal crown heads.

Also, so weird but, he makes equal rights for males and females in the cities he conquered. It was explained hastily in the book, when this psyche actually changes over a 100 years or so in ancient times but since it is fiction, the author did a good job.
    Also he chooses his niece as the crown princess, not her twin brother.

Fin

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  2. InspiritTillInfinity

InspiritTillInfinity Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. luathas

luathas Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thank you! Xièxiè
    I had skimmed past this novel's description when I was actively searching but it mentioned things like tank inventions, steam engines and cannons? I was like Nope!

But thank you, you beautiful person!