Question City of Terror with apocalypse tag?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Ner0, May 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ner0

Ner0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand, City of Terror has an apocalypse tag, but as the name implies the whole plot should be focused on the MC's city.
    Will the dust world extend to the whole world one day? Or is the dust world the future of the current world.

And don't tell me the dust world is the reason for the apocalypse tag, I won't accept that as an answer.

2. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The title doesnt really dictate the whole story in a chinese novel. like, most chinese novels are far above 500 chapters, so you think the plot will be centered around a couple of words? Idk about the novel you're talking about, but City of sin havent even introduced any city called city of sin yet, so i doubt City of Terror is only gonna be about a single city

3. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link

Perhaps you are taking the title too literally. I think City of Sin is suppose to convey more of a theme than a literal city called Sin. That being said I haven't finished it so who knows if a city called Sin shows up.

4. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, i was only just about to add that it might just also be pure symbolism, especially since its chinese and might have a whole other meaning in china, but that still doesnt change the fact that just because city is in the title it doesnt mean it's only going to be about 1 city.

Viola likes this.
  5. Ner0

Ner0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    T_T why are you guys talking about a complete different novel in my thread?
    Yeah but I'm a little hopeful for an apocalypse event to occur in this novel...

6. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry about that. It wasn't entirely off-topic though. I haven't read your novel so i am not sure on specifics but i would also be open to City of Terror being a title that is more symbolic than specific.

Is this event limited to the City he is in or is it just that he has not gone beyond the borders of his City yet?

Also it is very likely that this Dust world is why the Apocalypse Tag was added. The Tags are added by users after all, they aren't the be all end all description for the novel. Just by the intro alone i would give it an apocalypse tag.