Spoiler Clearing an Isekai with the Zero-Believers Goddess Spoilers

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aean, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just posted a request to turn this thread into the LCD. Please keep the spoiler in the tags from now on.

2. Blank27

Blank27 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What would count as a spoiler?

3. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly the specific events or plot points from the untranslated chapter.

Blank27 likes this.
  4. Zakoo

Zakoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eeeee; but this thread has always been about the raw here though ? We all read moonrunes I thought

5. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Slayer66

Slayer66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just noticed this, but arc 10 started the 2020/05/14 and will end the 2021/05/15.
    In other words, it took 366 days or 1 year to finish arc 10.
    Amazing.

7. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, it would kind of ruin her characterization. Same with Noel. The author in essence would have to merge two characters with two different identities into a new being, which would be terrible.

It would be like two large companies merging into one. In the vast majority of cases, the merging destroys both companies while employees abandons ship while the corporate culture changes. Then the greedy owners and stock holders going bankrupt from this ill conceived plan to get rich quick scheme.

Eir is black-hearted due to her personality. She calls herself a pacifist, but does a large amount of shady things in the background. Although, I do think she genuinely likes Makoto. He used a number of sacrificial techniques in the past on demons and Sophia's lover.

It really has been a year.... Makoto probably has stayed there for a year now.

8. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    If the author knows his stuff, he will definitely not make Furiae as the reincarnation of Nevia, unless it will be something like a temporary possession (like two souls in one body).
    Who could be the reincarnation of Nevia ? I suspect that it is either Tsui or a devilkin Makoto met.

9. deadonthespot06

deadonthespot06 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would Nevia reincarnating as Furi and Anna reincarnating as Noel destroy their character?

10. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author could still go through with Furiae being the reincarnation of Nevia but she will rather go through a character arc where she acknowledges that she is different to the witch of disaster.

11. deadonthespot06

deadonthespot06 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Furiae actually hates Nevia since she's the reason why her and devilkins have to suffer in present.

12. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that makes quite an interesting character arc when pulled off properly.

13. HiroBlaze

Reading List:
    Link
    Tsui could be like that demon cat (Chomusuke) from Konosuba who is the other half of that demon lord (Wolbach).

What I am most worried about is that authors usually use their WN as a sandbox to test weird plots or endings, then if there is a backlash of any sort then retcon it in the LN. Reincarnation plots into existing characters typically add artificial drama and this past arc went on far too long. Furiae and the other devilkins resent Nevia immensely, who is also the main reason why the moon country fell to ruin. If the charmed state goes away, what's left is only chaos and resentment for whoever is responsible (Nevia creating a dystopia). if any children are born and they realize the charmed state of everyone around them, that would be quite eerie.

Sousei no Aquarion did that poorly. Needlessly messy characterization with schizophrenia. I can only list a handful of series that actually did it well, but in those series the past character and future character had similar characters or identities. Shaman King's Hao did pull it off, but he was an antagonist in all instances and twin brother of Yoh at birth. Rokujouma no Shinryakusha's present Harumi was very similar to her past reincarnation, there was not a conflict between the two at any point so the transition was smooth.

Furiae and Nevia's characters are not identical in any way other than both being moon oracles. It is like if you tried to combine Rin and Sakura's (Fate series) character into one.

14. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    Nevia doesn't realize that her "true peaceful word" is just an illusion. I can't sympathize with her at all.

There's nothing likeable about Nevia, so reincarnating her into Furiae who has a lot of fans would be bad writing.

For arc 11, I think it will last about 50 chapters ? There are three big events : the battle against the GDK, capture of the Deep Sea Temple and Noah's vengeance.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  15. deadonthespot06

deadonthespot06 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To me she's just a normal villain that does bad for the greater good, what she truly wants is the world peace and its kinda understable now why Nevia started the union of demons and humans probably because she was imprisoned before for having miasma despite being a human, she actually suffered too and she atleast have a justifiable cause (atleast on her views) to charm all the demon's and human's, its not like she wants world domination.

She probably helped GDK because of pity (She probably saw her self on him being alone and imprisoned) GDK being a god that could read minds took advantage of her and reasoned that he is creating creature because he wants family but he might probably creating a vessel so that he could live in a world with thin mana.

16. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like this...

If the author-san pushes through with Furi as Nevia's reincarnation...
    We're sure that Noel will be Anna's. Author-san likes to mirror everything, and with some questionable instances of being close (Noel being unusually clingy to Makoto going to past) no doubt this will seal the deal if it got pushed through.

Solid but I'll be disappointed if it really is the case. It will create unecessary drama on Makoto's harem if it got pushed through (though with LN, i think some said here that Furi and Noel "made up" and be little bit friendly).

It would also be not surprising if Furi directed to be the moon saintess is actually a trap by GDK. I don't think the goddesses are dumb to not know?

I'm more convinced Tsui being Nevia actually though. She has a keen interest on Makoto, Tsui literally just enter and with Furiae's status as the present oracle, it does make sense with affinity. Being vague most of the time and can observe the party is quite easy as a pet.

17. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Atlhena met Furiae directly. There's no way she didn't notice anything. Althena isn't Ira, so I don't think that she can't be easily deceived. If Furiae is really the reincarnation of Nevia, it would really disappoint me.

18. HiroBlaze

Reading List:
    Link
    @deadonthespot06

Nevia is not a normal villain, she's a direct and high level accomplice with GDK Iblis. She is disliked by humans, demons, and devilkin for her role in the past. Even if you are the victim of a genocide, that does not give you the right to commit genocide or discrimination if that word is too strong. Here's another one: I was bullied before, so I can bully everyone else without consequences since I am a victim too.

Her ideal is foolishly naïve and an illusion. Nevia merely created a toybox of dolls called Laphroaig. She is suffering the consequences of her own actions. Cain has a far more tragic backstory than her and made mistakes, and yet Anna forgave him for Makoto's sake and let her revenge go.

I would assume if Nevia did reincarnate into Furiae then Althena would have noticed it touching her directly and giving her blessing at that time. She is much more thorough and strict with criteria.

In the LN, yeah Noel and Furiae do make up. They are not fighting over Sakurai, Furiae 100% sees Sakurai as a savior and friend. And Furiae does acknowledge that Noel had nearly zero role in her capture and imprisonment and Noel thinks she was treated unfairly. The minute details add more to Noel's strong motivation to get rid of demihuman discrimination in Highland.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  19. Slayer66

Reading List:
    Link
    If I had to describe Nevia's ideals with a quote, I will use that quote:
    What Nevia is trying to do doesn't have any worth. Even the world consisted of only devilkins, I think it wouldn't solve anything.
    Edit: @HiroBlaze , I think you mean that it doesn't give you the right. You forgot the not.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    HiroBlaze likes this.
  20. Aean

Aean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have though of the idea of Furiae being the reincarnation and I have to agree that it might be a bad idea for most of the reader and considering that the author is trying to tie up the story might make the volume even longer. Of course she might be lying just to make a lasting impression with Makoto due to his onee-san magnetism. Of course it might not even be Furiae and out of all the other prominent characters that we have, only Lucy fits the bill of possibly being Nevia's reincarnation due to her half demon status.

Zakoo likes this.