Comments in the "outgoing" Gravity Tales novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by jolly-crow, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jolly-crow

jolly-crow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I don't know if I'm the only one that cares about this but I scraped all the comments for The World Online and Reincarnation of the Strongest Sword God.

You can download them from:
    http://www.filedropper.com/reincarnation-strongest-sword-god
    http://www.filedropper.com/the-world-online

Those are only the html files but if you open them in any browser you can see the comments, just not structured.

I'm planning on running my script again this evening to catch the last few chapters, will update this post when I do. I'm also working on a parser that turns this .html mess into a better structured .txt, readable without the need for GT's web resources.

Question: does anybody know of any other novels that are being pulled out of Gravity Tales? I can scrap those novels' comments too.

Concernedcitizen and SoulZer0 like this.
  2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Comments actually have a big fun factor Youre+doing+gods+work+son+_e33e8088989d4d3cb353d71748bc3e35.jpg

Rumby, kenar and jolly-crow like this.
  3. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    King of Gods
    Btw, you using python(Scrappy/Beautiful Soup) ? Just asking out of interest.

4. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    What's so interesting about those comments?

5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I want going to ask that exact same question.

6. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    It all started from self-interest actually, I'm currently reading RSSG and I'll feel a certain nostalgia for reading TWO in Gravity Tales too. So I backed up these comments.
    But I'm glad it can be useful to other people in the community.

Ok, I'm backing KoG now.
    I'm afraid my methods are quite a bit more shitty than what you're bringing up. This is one of my scrappers:
    https://pastebin.com/pKKy8GN5
    One of the things I'm afraid is missing .5 chapters, if there's any.

Other people's viewpoints on what you just read basically. Being made aware of details you'd overlook, having a laugh at people's bad taste, getting recommendations of similar stories, etc. Don't you ever read comments?

7. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Silly me, of course I do read those sometimes. Are they going to remove the chapters on GT? Or is it more of a preventive measure?

8. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian is moving Qidian-owned novels from Gravity Tales to webnovel.com, with the intention of making them premium. This has happened before with novels like TKA, and tomorrow it's turn for (at least) TWO, RSSG and KoG.

And yeah, that implies they pull the novels from GT, and with them the chapter comments that have been piling up for a while.

9. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought Qidian was only Chinese novels, but earlier I saw a novel with a Korean authors name and while that doesn't preclude it from being written in Chinese, it kind of surprised me. So is Qidian handling Korean novels as well or is it just an odd case of an author who is either Korean or using a Korean pen name writing a Chinese novel?

10. checkm8

checkm8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The partnership with Munpia has been forthcoming since at least January. It finally went live this week.

I've heard that some other Chinese publishers will be going to host some other gravity tales novels on webnovel as well. For example, Zongheng's Immortal Martial & Dual Cultivation will be going to Webnovel soon from what I've heard.

11. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thanks, while I do occasionally read at WebNovel, I don't bother to read the new and avoid most of the forum posts concerning it on here, too much whining.

checkm8 likes this.
  12. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    As I mentioned, those are the refreshed comments, including King of Gods.
    http://www.filedropper.com/gravitytales-comments-html
    I will have a .txt version at some time next week. The script is almost done, just stuck on making things more readable and beautifying.

Qidian also pulled Legend of Legends from Gravity tonight, without having previously announced they'd do so. I'm pretty miffed at that, as I'm a regular reader. By the time I tried to back up those comments, the chapters were all dead links.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.