Discussion Conclusion of chinese and Japanese stories and authors.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by khanz113, Jan 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DomDomDom

DomDomDom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also agree that korean novels are really good. Each korean novel seem to give a different vibe.
    I'm currently reading Stop Friendly Fire which give a good example that korean MC are different from mainstream.

2. Wry Warudo

Wry Warudo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing wrong with the classics, or even Shakespeare for that matter. I'd say OP needs the exposure. Though admittedly Hong Lou Meng can get pretty boring at points, and Titus Andronicus is not exactly a play I'd recommend.

Wujigege likes this.
  3. khanz113

khanz113 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said that all the stories or authors are bad. There are few stories that are good but most are just waste of time

4. khanz113

khanz113 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've tried some stories mentioned above and they are good but the problem is good pieces are low in number or haven't been translated or I'm unable to find them. I'm gonna check out the stories you people have recommended hope they will prove to be good.

5. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go read the Jin Yong novels. Pretty much all Chinese readers read them, and the writers expect that you've read them. They will really put into perspective just how much xianxia and xuanhuan draw from them. The Legend of the Condor Heroes is probably the best place to start.

6. BurgerKong

BurgerKong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not dissimilar to the idea of constantly training to get ever stronger that you see in a lot of manga. But it's not normally used in novels outside of China as it's not as exciting to read about absurdly OP techniques as it is to see them in action.

7. Defiring

Defiring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds to me like you're comparing generic Japanese novels vs Generic Chinese novels