Discussion Coronovirus talk ban

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Havisu, Feb 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    In Malaysia, the new government has banned any discussion, statement, or even talk about coronavirus in Malaysia. Doing so would make the person who did it a criminal and can be charges with 2 years of imprisonment or max RM100,000.00 (24,145.27 USD).
    I read in the news its supposed to be 1 years of imprisonment, but recently there are news talking about possibility of being charged 2 years. So this is not confirmed to me.

They're claiming that this is so that
    1. No misinformation about the virus being circulated
    2. It will not cause fear amongst citizen

In other word, it is a talk ban. Blogs, websites, journals, or social media post, or even direct talking regarding it is banned. The only one who can talk about it is the government.

Also, it seems like Malaysian chinese really hate it when they hear talks about coronavirus, even if you're not pointing fingers at them at all, and just talking without ulterior motive. After all, most of the tourist who came to malaysia are from China.

What do you think about this?

Disclaimer: This is not a discussion of coronovirus at all, it is the discussion of talk ban.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Blocking any non-official information is a good way to stop misinformation. I know a lot of that has spread in the states in regards to other...disease-related...issues. Not to say that banning talking about it would be the best way to go about it. In this case, though, I think a ban on talking is fine as long as the government keeps the people as well informed as it can.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought their neighbour already have the internet misinformation ban hammer? So Malaysia is trying to copy? Seriously, this is power that can be greatly abuse, as information is a form of power too.

P.s. it really fit the theme of our current world, where the govts are busy shutting its people up like some asian country, didn't they also pull a robocop, black mirror shit too?

4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Just all the clips of the bodybags etc. makes it look pretty bad, not gonna lie.

Ai chan likes this.
  5. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Life is like that,

Just move on with your life like the government do not exist. Stock up your mask, keep your loved ones close.

Buy alcohol to wipe everything whenever you are outside and wear n95 mask if you are worried

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Sabruness likes this.
  6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think discussion of the virus would have been fine, but discussion of the ban is political and thus not allowed on these forums.

Damn, I'm not much better than Malaysia, huh? :sweating_profusely:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.