Discussion CoVid 19: Why you should worry.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MangoGuy, Mar 8, 2020.

1. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do watch this video to understand why people worrying, and thus being careful, will significantly help in making CoVid 19 less deadly. This video follows purely statistical assumptions, so you can very easily understand why it makes sense.

Stay healthy!

fan63, lin1339, Ddraig and 7 others like this.
  2. jersanxx1

jersanxx1 『Lost Toy』『Mostly Lurking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Our city still a NCoV/CoViD19 free zone, ain't our problem. We're far out in the boonies to worry that kind of problem.

Still, sharing is caring right? Spead the love, spread Corona-chan..... jkjk

Seriously tho, there's still no cases nor PUI in our city. So, the virus is the least of our problems.

I feel bad for china tho, even though I hate most of them for being ultranationalistic a-holes, but hearing most "quarantine" zones becoming death camps(with no medical equips on most of them), makes one wonder, is being a patriot a good thing if the gov't doesn't care shite whether you live or die for another day? :blobunsure:

Araenn and gheist1234 like this.
  3. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    man like this you can only behave wrong. Just try to stay healthy and not get infected.

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  4. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What i got is that by june, over 90% of the world may be infected if the authorities are incompetent or corrupted enough to do nothing about it. Just remember that a few months ago, some members of the ONU were saying that humanity should be reduced by 60% or so.... Coincidence?, dont think so

5. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    those are heavy topics for NU but... while most towns or villages might seem safe, they are also the most susceptible as a whole. If even one person gets it, then there is a high chance of transmission. ANd based on the availability of care, the mortality might change.

6. meowzor

meowzor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great video. Stay at home all day and play video games and stay up to date on novels easy

7. Shadowsword8

Shadowsword8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's someone who tested positive in a city barely 5km from my home. But the thing that really worry me is that most people infected won't know about it, because they'll have minor symptoms and won't want to risk being in isolation. The real number of infected is surely many times the official number (who is also limited by the alaivability of tests).

Chiiiiiiiii, imK and Femme Fatale like this.
  8. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    if people stopped think like that maybe we will have less worry about it spreading......because the issue with this virus, is that you don't know if you have it until 1-2 week later.....so there is a possibility your country already have the virus, just an issue of times before you find it out....

9. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    If i was a european, i'd be seriously worried about now. the italian spread is snowballing in both infection and death rates and other european countries are recording increasing infection and death rates.

Fortunately, i live in Australia and our health and biosecurity systems are pretty good (relative) when it comes to things like this and helps that we're an island. Only 81 cases and 3 deaths in total so far.

imK and Femme Fatale like this.
  10. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to comment but I dont want to start an argument.

11. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    i live right in the middle of that chaos(Italy-Milan)....this morning i gone for a walk in the neighboor and it's was deserts.....

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  12. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Italy... Maybe the way they greet each other? *Ban cheek kiss.

13. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    Most who have it don't report it, and of those who haven't reported it, not very many are suddenly becoming fatalities. people often walk into an A&E with it passing it to tens of already ill or vulnerable people which is what contributes to the numbers we are seeing.

Media is giving this a bigger hype than they did swine flu and we know how over-the-top the reporting on swine flu had become. The likelihood of falling victim to Covid-19 when you take all the normal measures of safeguarding your health have you more likely to suffer a traffic accident or natural disaster, or contract cancer by the time the spread has slowed and is back under control. FYI, Swine flu got massive hype just because it originated from the same virus that caused the spanish flu.

Keep clean, be responsible and focus on preventing more likely scenarios from causing you harm. Don't panic and buy out a whole shelf of toilet roll for no reason.

asriu likes this.
  14. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Physical contact, proximity, coughs, sneezes, and facial contact. Blood is probably another method of transference... then again who goes around touching blood! Damn weirdos! :blobconfused:

@DaoFox It doesn't matter if you buy a whole roll of toilet paper... those don't expire. YOU'LL STILL NEED TO TAKE A SHIT DON'T YOU!? At least this way you'll be ready when the shit hits the fan. :blobxd:

If you buy a crap ton of food that doesn't expire easily then it's no loss to you. Just eat it slowly. :blobokhand:

15. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    perhaps the gvt think losing a few ppl is okay since the have too many anyway

16. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    that is just a part of it....for most is those sods who are infected going around infecting other just because it a "flu" according them....

Deleted member 41274 and imK like this.
  17. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    The best thing to greatly slow down the spread is if goverments announce emergency and cancel all public meetings and advise everyone to sit at home, have less social contact and self quarantine if feel sick. Make a separate building for all covid testing etc.

I haven't watched this particular video, but I saw another one (also statistical one) which showed that the slower the spread rate - the easier it is to fight the virus.

Also you can't make it less deadly. Population can try to make it less virulent by avoiding human contacts and mass gatherings of people.

Yeah. Goverment as an entity doesn't really care if sick and old die from the virus as long as young and healthy tax payers survive.

Well, the mild form might have the exact symptoms the flu has. How the heck will you know whether you are sick with covid or with flu if you get the same simptoms?

imK likes this.
  18. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a saying (in chinese) "People are like scallions (or another type of onion). You can keep harvesting them over and over (or something)." Basically humans is a renewable resource. Just leave the roots and you can keep farming them. Probably why china doesn't care about the people dying off in droves there. They just want the economy to thrive. :facepalm:

Also, humans are stupid. There's a pandemic and dumbasses here in my state are holding a marathon. :facepalm:

I won't be surprised if the number of infected and deaths jump by a large margin. :blobwoah:

imK likes this.
  19. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    While this might seem like the most obvious answer, it is also the one fraught with most financial issues. For one, the implementation on a wide scale is nearly improbable. But more importantly, if implemented, it will make any possible recovery even more difficult. This strain on the economy will make future efforts difficult, and CoVid 19 is here to stay for a bit longer.

20. jersanxx1

jersanxx1 『Lost Toy』『Mostly Lurking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I think so too that less awareness leads to bad situations. Still, it depends on the situation given, as I've said earlier, we're far in the boonies to worry that kind of problems. I'm not saying this out of ignorance, I'm saying this out of fact.

While not having awareness is bad, but over awareness to point of being fear mongered and mass panic is much worse.

Also, I'm not in fcking china(sorry china), to worry about the gov't to hide the real numbers just to save face.

So, instead of mass buying neccessary products contributing to depletion of important materials, just having awareness about the virus is enough while also prepared just enough neccessary supplies the moment your zone is struck.

asriu and Liyus like this.