Forgotten Title Cowardly but lucky General/Admiral of a fleet

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Oldmonk, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Oldmonk

Oldmonk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK so this one is a tricky one, because for one I have only vague recollections of a plot. If you can figure it out, bona fide hero!

This is an english title; part of a very long series where some of the books are based on the adventure of this character. The whole series is like those warhammer 4000 ones, not saying that this one is.

The guy is a not a very good general, not a good person either. But he gets into situations at the tail end of which he's considered the hero of a holy empire that spans millenniums. The books are political and fleet warfare based in space.

Also, his character art is one similar to M Bison from Street Fighter.

I acknowledge this is too little information even for an informed guess and I wish I had more to share. And I will be genuinely impressed if someone can figure this out.

All I'd say is, it's a nice genre and even your bad guessed might be good recommendations to me and the visitors to this thread, so may be treat this like a game. Cheers!

2. TheDefend

TheDefend Public Dental Support

Reading List:
    Link
    Ciaphas cain?

Oldmonk and Kuroguma like this.
  3. Oldmonk

Reading List:
    Link
    You, sir.. are amazing!

4. Oldmonk

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't mind my asking, are the books any good? Like I said earlier, I found it while looking for things to read but haven't got around to reading any of it.

5. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I think they where excellent, but then I'm a fan of warhammer 40k.

Oldmonk likes this.
  6. TheDefend

TheDefend Public Dental Support

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kinda close to being comedy, and boy, they are bloody hilarious. I owned the 1st and 2nd omnibus and waiting for my 3rd to arrive.
    Franlkly, the book rather being a serious one, its more being a slice of life comedy. Slice of life in the realm of 40k that is.

Oldmonk likes this.