Coworker asked me a interesting question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MasterCuddler, Nov 12, 2017.

?

Would you press button?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    47.3%
  3. Depends

17 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. zarvi

zarvi Ojisan

Reading List:
    Link
    ask the baby in the womb if he want to be a millionaire when he is born
    if he kicks press the button if not then no

craz and MasterCuddler like this.
  2. Rae

Rae ͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏

Reading List:
    Link
    And you're one of evil person too, of course :blobowoevil_horns:

3. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say no, If I'm gonna have a baby I am sure as hell gonna take care of it. Money can fuck off I'll die before my baby will.

4. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    If you said yeah, don’t get your gf/wife pregnant ever. Stay childless or single. The burden of losing a baby (if she didn’t want an abortion) is very heavy to the would be mother.

H0RR1BL3CPU and Nino Sasou like this.
  5. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on what you define as survive, future children would for sure have a better chance to "live". The grey area is if the child is alive at that point or not. (Yeah I think it´s alive) If the question was, would you gamble the life of your 5 year old kid then I think most people would say No for sure.

Also, if the question was asked a couple of hundred years ago in a region where religion wasn't a very dominant part of their life then Im pretty sure a majority of people would take the gamble. Enough kids actually died back then that they had a slightly different mindset.

Another interesting phrasing of the question would be:
    I will pay you 1 million dollars if you get any woman pregnant and then abandon the baby and woman when it´s to late for abortion.
    Would you do it?

Probably would see very different answers there.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    King0Mik and Nino Sasou like this.
  6. nerebear

nerebear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yup. if it dies, i can just make another.

7. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO It's stupid to say yes (especially if you're the man).

Case 1: The baby dies, your wife will most likely resent you for the rest of your life, even IF she agreed to it. (This is not about women being d*cks, but about motherly instincts)

Case 2: The baby lives & your rich, guess what would most likely come up each and every argument you have with your wife. You know you're gonna loose, because if you try to argue that one, it just means you don't love your child (at least for her AND your child).

And if your a woman:
    Case 1: The father knows & supports you, well, it might be fine if the baby survives, but you will always be scarred if it dies.

Case 2: The father does NOT know/support it, well, that's one lost custody case for sure,... plus a likely prison sentence for willingly and knowingly endangering the life of your child.

King0Mik likes this.
  8. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    think of it this way, you can ALWAYS have another baby but a million dollars aint something you can have just because you want it. You having that million dollars is a good thing for your next child! Go and ask that bastard how much it costs to raise a kid, hmph! Money-eaters, babies, that's what they are! Eat you outta house and home, diapers full of piss and shit stacked higher than Everest! You wanna raise a kid properly fam you need money!!!!!

9. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that’s actually one of my reasons, I had a very detailed explanation for my answer cuz I know it’s not a “normal” or “easy to understand” answer but too bad safari wiped it out

10. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    that's all assuming the wife knows about the button though. OP never said she did. Other people knowing about the button was never stated, so i dont think we can bring that in right? It's a moral question, little more. If OP clarified things in other replies then i wouldn't know since i didn't read them but going from the first post i would say those cases wouldn't really apply?

11. Pacekot

Pacekot [Spades] [Blackjack #10]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't take the risk.. It's difficult to get a wife *sob*

King0Mik likes this.
  12. thekingofgamez

thekingofgamez [He who makes others cough up blood in anger!]

Reading List:
    Link
    hey you never know maybe your baby would end up being a real human piece of shit murder and doing people a favor by pressing that button or you could be killing a saint you never know, most likely it be a cog of human society so its all up to you

13. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    might wanna edit the exaxt situation then. Like does the wife know about the button? If not then you dont have to worry about anything. If so things are more tricky. This is a moral question but....well are babies even self-conscious at that point? I doubt they have any ability to think in term of "me" or "I" or even have any desires. And if that is the case then how is it different from killing an ant? Hell maybe killing an ant is actually even worse. So really you aren't bad even if you do choose to kill it. If it's self-aware its another story, but can anyone say or prove it is?

King0Mik likes this.
  14. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on which side you stand. Money or human rights. This question is like asking anti abortion activist about handicaped baby in her/ his wife's womb

15. rook14

rook14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nico nico, nico nico
    niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

16. Ketheres

Ketheres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my current financial situation I am barely able to support myself. No way I would get a kid, and if I did I would press that button. Best case: child is born and gets a decent life. Worst case: child is not born and doesn't have to go through poverty and suffer from inheriting my genes.

17. MasterCuddler

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think a kind coworker will be asking such questions even I never thought of asking such type of things to ppl before and I’m being called evil by him

18. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Baby vs money isn't supposed to be a hard question >.>

19. MasterCuddler

Reading List:
    Link
    But I’m not doing it for the money I’m doing it to see if my baby have good luck or not in other words it’s just me having weird value/fascination with my kid’s ability to survive/luck rather than abandoning my kid for money

20. Jed333

Jed333 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we lower the survive-ability and quadruple the cash? If so then yeah I'll press that button. Besides my swimmers don't work so if she is pregnant then it ain't mine anyways >.> .......jk... or am I?