LCD Crossing to the Future, it's Not Easy to Be a Man

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by somnious, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think when they will be official soldiers they will have to navigate in the universe to go where the war is or other planets. When they will be important enough, they should get their own spaceship just like the captains we already saw before. And I don't know if this can be considered a spoiler
    When Mecha fight in the war, they don't take off from a planet but from a militar spaceship. To have a trusted pilot is essential, especially if they try to run away from a losing battle. Mecha don't have enough energy for long distance travel
    Then Han Jiyun didn't give up his role of strategist...

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Rinfantasy My question was more about how he'd get directly involved in the fights. Will he not be piloting a mecha in the future? If he is, then who will be commanding/flying his ship?

3. Absoloot

Absoloot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where do you think a mecha team deploys from?

Mecha have limited long distance travel and sensor suites. They've mentioned about how coordination with the fleet happens through each squad's home ship mostly no?

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but if he's not officially a part of their team (which he wouldn't be as a navigator/captain), then there's no guarantee that they'd be assigned together. Honestly, even as mecha pilots, I'm not sure that such a guarantee would exist, but I expect it would be more likely.

Also, that coordination is handled by people like Ling Lan's mom, not the navigators/captains.

5. Absoloot

Absoloot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LL's mom worked on mantinence and politics (getting resources, recruiting new members, etc), she's not involved in combat at all as far as I'm aware. The command staff on the bridge handles sensor information and fleet tactical communication.

With regard to your other comment, we haven't gotten any info about how teams (as formed in the virtual world and in events/competitions) affect development in the army. For all you or I know so far, being fellow mecha operators in the same team doesn't guarantee they stay together.

Edit: TBH this whole discussion is silly and pointless. A lot of these questions/comments/complaints are about things the author hasn't even gotten a chance to tell us about. We don't know very much at all about military structure, team deployment, roles, etc. The boys aren't idiots though, so presumably the author has something in the works to justify their choices for study and we haven't gotten there yet. Your comments would be more useful if the author could read them while writing to keep herself on track, but we're a thousand chapters behind right now.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    juniorjawz likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if we'll be seeing this new AI again in the future. It seems odd to introduce him otherwise. Well, unless there's going to be a wave of sentient AIs in the future and it's just a precursor to that.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really looking forward to both the official and unofficial reactions to this from the school and other authority figures ;)

8. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    And Ling Lan is already making new followers with the cadets LOL I bet she will become the Boss of the first year students!

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would the captain approve of Qi Long turning around? He made a strategically stupid decision that jeopardized his primary mission for no real gain. It's not like the captain was actually going to continue to harm the other two once they were down after all. He's not a sadist, and he had nothing to gain from doing so.

10. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    a word is enough: BROMANCE

capeSpirit likes this.
  11. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Finnally, male lead is coming

capeSpirit likes this.
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if her father will be upset that she stole his opportunity to tell the world who his child is, or super happy that she's publicly acknowledging him as her father ;)

Also curious what makes the captain think he can keep all this a secret. It will definitely get out. At best, he can hope that it will only be known at the highest levels, though that will depend on the whims of his superiors.

13. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably super happy since he is that kind of father LOL still disappointed that Ling Xao doesn't know her Dao though, I would love to see his reacton on her wanting to become strong to push down a strong man and have his child LOL

jacobpaige likes this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they may be forgetting that Ling Xiao had absolutely nothing to do with Ling Lan's upbringing as far as anyone knows due to not being in the same galaxy for the last 2ish decades...

"Just because their talent was better, they deserved this preferential treatment? " Um, yes? This is a survival of the fittest society. That they normally don't receive preferential treatment is stranger.

15. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    because just like every chinese novel, people must become jealous and turned into cannon fodder instead to live in peace LOL

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Li Yingjie really should have seen this as an opportunity to take a leadership role in the newly forming Doha faction of the school. Always focusing on his problems with Ling Lan is only going to hurt his ability to adapt to his circumstances and improve them. Of course, if he still wants to make it clear that he's not Ling Lan's subordinate (not the brightest move, but understandable), then there were better ways to do it than a petulant "Why me?" and/or "Your not the boss of me!" type response.

17. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    Li Yingjie is too pure and spontaneous, he isn't the scheming type that can see the full picture. His bad personailty was induced by his naivety and being spoiled by his family. He is a breath of fresh air with so many cunning characters like Ling Lan, Han jinyu, Zhu-quin, Li Lanfeng and maybe Xie Yi. He can group with Qi long and Luo Lang regarding character.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Even though he knew very well that Qi Long was indeed stronger than him by a hair" I thought Qi Long was already a realm above Li Yingjie? That's hardly just a hair stronger.

"causing him to no longer be able to even conceive the notion of resisting. " What is he doing now if not resisting?

And this is why they normally beat the arrogance out of them before they arrive ;)

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he's sensible, he'll turn his faction over to Ling Lan. I sincerely doubt he'll be sensible.

20. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    Who are you talking about? the scout accademy senior?