Spoiler Crossing to the Future, it's Not Easy to Be a Man

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Galaxii, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Lestari

Lestari [✿Reader✿] p(^-^q) [♡Anime♡]

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this story
    Is there more good title from this author?
    And there any english translate beside this one?

LyreSecondString likes this.
  2. somnious

somnious Leopard Boy Li Lanfeng Bias

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, Li Lanfeng's words aren't actually a lie. Li Shuyu does have a soft spot for Luo Chao. Instead of going to Ling Lan, he went to Li Shuyu and told him that he intended to get rid of Ling Lan's fiancees. This action insidiously implants a revelation into Li Shuyu's mind - he likes Luo Chao.

The thing is, regardless of what Li Lanfeng tells Li Shuyu, it's unlikely to actually happen. While Li Lanfeng loves Ling Lan to the point of madness, he also understands where her bottom line is...and for the sake of being able to stand next to her, he will never cross it. This thing, Ling Lan also knows, which is why she doesn't actually think Li Lanfeng would actually do something to harm her little partners. Also Han Xuya and Qi Long's relationship is up in the air. After all, the period for love and romance blooms later in this setting (esp for Qi Long, who loves fighting).

Well, do remember that I mentioned that just bc you're at god stage martial arts, doesn't mean you can win against a god-class mecha. It's likely that Ling Lan will wake up Xiao Si first, gain access to all of her resource connections, take over the disorderly zone, breakthrough god-class mecha, build a mech utilizing the best material in the universe, before returning to regain control over the 23rd army and bring them to her new country.

Xie Yi would be revived the same way as the rest of the teachers in the learning space as well as Xiao Si would be - through an artificial body.

Ok, after the invasion of the FMMS, Li Yinfei debuts with Li Mulan's face. This, hah, drives poor Qiao Ting into a frenzy - he's fallen in love (or is it lust?). Li Yinfei thus proceeds to announce that she would only marry a King-type man.

Uh, well, keke. Qiao Ting decides it's time to finally take the title as Number One in FMMS and become the King of Li Yinfei's dreams. He turns his eyes onto the new school faction, the one his Thunder faction embarringly lost to...

Unfortunately for him, there's a Ling Lan.

By some mystical reason, the Lightning mecha faction manages to sway a kid from the new student faction to their side - that person being under Li Yingjie (poor dude :blobcry:, He's always Mrs. Ru's kicking bag). So their roster for the fight gets leaked to the Thunder faction.

Of course, Qiao Ting flips his shit bc, well fuck, there's Li Lanfeng that little snake. The man who keeps undermining his success. And Zhao Jun. Oh well, thank god he's an Ace-class pilot now, right? right. There's no way the new student faction could ever have an Ace-class pilot, nope. That'd be too insane.

Anyway, the FMMS upper brass really wants in on this. They want to transform Qiao Ting into a 'god' for the school, which, after Ling Xiao left, had been slowly churning out less and less outstanding alumni (go figure, we're talking about a dude who entered god-class piloting at, what, age 24?). Thus they secretly (or not so secretly lmao) tip the odds in Qiao Ting's favor....

Hm. Too bad there's a Ling Lan...and a Xiao Si. The battle is a team of 12 mecha pilots vs 12 mecha pilots. In order to not cause a penalty, all other pilots outside of Qiao Ting are Advanced-class pilots (step below Special-class).

Meanwhile, Chang Xingyuan is here to pull the rug from under Qiao Ting, literally and figuratively. He manages to successfully alter Ling Lan's mecha - transforming it into a higher power+speed machine while, under the help of Li Lanfeng and everyone else in Ling Lan's close group, makes it appear like a Special-class mecha.

(special insert: 只有赵竣,没有围上去,他看了一眼神情淡定站在一边的蘭老大,又看了一眼正殷勤帮常新源做下手,满脸都是算计的李蘭枫。心中明白为什么李蘭枫要让他加入蘭老大的战队了。丫的,这俩人都是一路货色,区别于李蘭枫表面上的阴险狡诈,蘭老大才是真正腹黑的高手高高手……赵竣此刻心中深刻领悟,这个看起来冷漠的蘭老大,绝对是不能得罪的。

translation, it's from Zhao Jun's POV:

Only Zhao Jun didn’t go up. He glanced at boss Lan, who was calmly standing to the side, and then glanced at Li Lanfeng - who was diligently acting as Chang Xinyuan’s assistant, his expression extremely devious. He now understood why Li Lanfeng wanted him to enter boss Lan’s clan. Ya de, these two were cast from the same mold. Compared to Li Lanfeng’s more obvious on-the-surface sinister and deceptive personality, boss Lan was the real expert at scheming, the grand master…From this moment on, Zhao Jun understood from deep in his heart - this seemingly indifferent boss Lan, absolutely must never be offended.)

Thus Ling Lan enters the battlefield on the fated day, appearing as a special-class mecha. This shocks everyone, as Ling Lan is only a second year who hadn't even started officially learning piloting. People start to guess; is Ling Lan also going to be able to enter Ace-class during his fourth year? This uneases the Thunder faction, as they realize - if they want the new student faction to bow their heads, they have to destroy Ling Lan.

Upon entering the battlefield, Ling Lan discovers that all the cards are stacked in Qiao Ting's favor. However, unfortunately, naturally born and grown Qiao Ting isn't as bright as our super cheat Ling Lan; blinded by pride, he slowly loses all of his benefits. In order to counter Qiao Ting, who is an Ace mech, Ling Lan's teammates continually attack and self destruct while holding on to him. It should be noted that Li Lanfeng does amazing - he manages to change Qiao Ting's mecha to his as he self destructs. Eventually, only Ling Lan is left; during this time, she was eradicating Qiao Ting's teammates. Against his heavily damaged mecha, she looks amazingly perfect, as she one hit KOed all of his teammates. They do the classic sword fight scene where the two fighters charge at each other, slash, and end up changing positions, the loser being split into one or many pieces. The result is Qiao Ting is sliced in half by Ling Lan's Buhui (不悔 - it means No regret/do not regret, forged by the fiery heat of Niflheim to split even a god- cough uh it was made by Chang Xinyuan), resulting in a complete victory for Ling Lan.

Because Thunder faction challenged the New Student faction, they lost their spot as No. 1 to Ling Lan's faction. As a result, the power balance begins to shift. Qiao Ting also begins to grow from this experience - his first major failure. Unfortunately, he is then knocked back to the ground when Ling Lan reveals that she's already at Domain Stage...but he still grows like a goddamn cockroach (but not fast enough).

The arc after that is the Mecha competition. However, my fingers are pretty tired. If you want that part, feel free to send in another request! ( I'm not kidding, my poor left index finger is cramping :'( ) :blobmelt:

To be honest, this series has been basically on and off since March/April of last year? Mrs. Ru has two little kids as well as an array of health problems (some of them related to her pregnancies...). She also just recently (last yearish) moved into a new home too. She has stated that she's already finished the plot, it's just mostly writing that's the issue for her; however, she's kind of like Ling Lan, she won't give up, so I don't think we need to worry too hard about the hiatus. It's just that it might take a little longer than other novels to finish...

Well, she's mostly just stuck on how to make the romance between Ling Lan and Li Lanfeng happen. She's been requesting fanfiction to help her through her writer's block.

She wrote an End of the World story as well as a basket ball one too? But both of them are BL and a lot older. None of them have been translated, and honestly, idk if anyone would want to pick it up since they're all Qidian novels.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  3. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not talking about the relationship about Li Shuyu and Luo Chao. From what I understood by mtl, after Ling Lan saved Li Lanfeng in the last battle, Li Lanfeng was badly injured but when the medics were starting the treatment, he was saying something about a family tradition and being seen naked, then he fainted. Ling Lan turned away the medics and personally cut the clothes of Li Lanfeng. After that Ling Lan avoided Li Lanfeng trying not to be roped in this LOL I could have misunderstood though...

Rangeles likes this.
  4. XiaoSha

XiaoSha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    your reply is op!

ScholarlyAF and somnious like this.
  5. XiaoSha

XiaoSha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you have work hard :blob_pompom::blobsalute:

6. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    For those who read the novel, What are your favorite moments?

7. XiaoSha

XiaoSha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well i just finish reading the translated chapters and have yet to mtl the hundreds other. my fav moment was at the time the new cadets take over the spaceship that sent them to their transit post. i find that super op!

8. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    For me regarding the romance part is when Li Lanfeng found out he fell in love, but I also really like when he plotted for Ling Lan to starve so that he could take care of her meals LOL the way of a man's heart is his stomac! she will become depend on him ( this is what Li Lanfeng thinks ). regarding mecha fighting, I like when she fought the japanese in her field trip during elementary school, and when she fought using Belief! Well, is pretty funny also with the rabbit mecha fighting rabbit monsters LOL

JNaomi, Rangeles, bloddyrose and 3 others like this.
  9. Jangho-shin

Jangho-shin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys do you know what site where you can read the raws for free?

10. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    something already gave a raw link in a previous post if you search in the thread :D

11. XiaoSha

XiaoSha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i read it here
    http://www.69shu.com/11306/

Jangho-shin likes this.
  12. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the moments that I couldn't quit of laughing was when Li Lanfeng returned to palace in the Chaos territory so earger to see Lin Lang and full of hope she missed him and then he found Luo Chao LOL

FicLover520, somnious and bloddyrose like this.
  13. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When does the military find out about Ling Lan being a girl? And how do they react?
    I never really got why women could not pilot mechas in the military and join the first man military school.

14. midnight reader

midnight reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they are phisically weaker and on high level mecha you need to be strong to withstand the knockback.
    Even Ling Lan needed to go throught hellish training to minimize the strenght difference.
    It's not because of sexual discrimination (the military would be really happy to have more mecha operators).

Aeiru28 likes this.
  15. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    The military didn't find out she is a woman yet

16. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But what about those spoiler saying how the federation sends Li Mulan, the ML, to marry her? I assumed they new she was a girl by then.

17. Rinfantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a special chapter of a hypothetical far away future... I dunno if take it as canon or an april fool LOL

somnious likes this.
  18. BORED123

BORED123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    love this story. can anyone pls. tell me another story that is similar to this one?. one with stronger FL than the ML. thaks

19. Anon_711

Anon_711 Dress Break - Level(Max)

Reading List:
    Link
    Do the ousted Ling clan branches ever come back into the plot?

20. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding her gender reveal it didn't happen yet in the raw sorry! the only one who found it out are Luo Chao and Han shuya but they helped her to keep her gender secret. The ML is Li Lanfeng ( the Cheetah boy). However is still one-sided from his side LOL

This is what someone told me not that long ago