Picked Up Crowbar Nurse

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by arashi-chan12, May 21, 2019.

1. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *According to the comment section on the Chapter 1 teaser, the author will allow fan translation so long as there is no monetary gain!!!

[​IMG]

*Also, this cover is super sick, I love it

Teaser Chapters
    CHAPTER 1 (do machines dream of better translations)
    CHAPTER 2 (mojotranslations)
    Now get this, the AUTHOR THEMSELVES MTLED THEIR OWN CHAPTER 2 !!!! C'MON THAT'S SO FRIGGN COOL

Name:
    Crowbar Nurse
    Raw Link: https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054888779415
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/crowbar-nurse/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: From where I read up to, it was pretty entertaining. Though it wasn't what I was looking for at the time (an interesting zombie apocalypse with a FMC) it was fairly amusing to see them take advantage of bugs and glitches xD

I only read up to the end of the first world (zombie) but I think the story is complete. It was deleted from syosetu so I had a hard time finding it again, but I found it on kakuyomu! I did try saving raws as a backup just in case. Only, I was stupid and put everything in one doc so it'll take forever to load. I'll fix it sometime in the future.
    Description:
    Not the official description (since idk how to translate it and MTL butchers it), but basically a newbie nurse who is addicted to playing zombie games gets summoned to a "game-like world" via cellphone. There she takes on the avatar of a character in a game she's played before. She first meets a game developer/programmer who has the avatar of a popular Otome game character. They run from zombies for the first bit but being as this is a game the girl knows, she and him take advantage of bugs and her game knowledge/trivia to try to escape from the world.

For example:
    There's a bug where if they jump at a wall at the spawn point enough, they can glitch outside of the world.

Or if they do things a certain way, they can get infinite amounts of items.

I think there might be some technical game terminology in there so anyone with some level of game/development knowledge or game culture references would probably be better suited for this. Going through it a bit just now, they mention terms like Doom (the game), BFG (big fucking gun), A-Pose, real time engine (I think?) etc.

If anybody is interested in pictures/character designs (sousakuoishii blog): https://www.google.com/search?q=sousakuoishii+バールナース&hl=en&prmd=vnmi&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjujPXjibDiAhVEXqwKHcRBAyMQ_AUIFSgE&biw=360&bih=512

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  2. Chaostic

Chaostic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds fun

arashi-chan12 likes this.
  3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    The dev also takes advantage of the bugs? Why can't he just, like, you know, devs are basically gods in their own games, use his power/tools?

4. arashi-chan12

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not his game, and he's unfamiliar with zombie games. If I remember right he can mess with settings somewhat (?) But the world they're in is game-like but not with interfaces and touch panels or lit-rpg and such. Things like "inventory" don't exist so they actually had to stuff a ton of recovery items in the guy's pockets because the girl was wearing a pocket-less dress lol

It's game-like but not game-like at the same time

SoulZer0 likes this.
  5. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, ok. Thanks. It does look interesting +1

6. arashi-chan12

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Nonon

Nonon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Got a comment from the author and they say that they'd prefer the name to be translated as "Crowbar Nurse" and that translating is okay as long as it's not monetized.

8. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    woah cool

9. arashi-chan12

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, really? That's great!
    Hope someone can pick it up soon TuT

10. arashi-chan12

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I LAAAAAAAZILY translated the second chapter as a teaser, just to try to garner interest. You can read it here. Zombie action starts happening and the first inklings of game breaking :)

Someone, please pick this up T_T

Too lazy/incompetent to translate the last bit, but author has those index type things scattered at chapter ends every now and then. They're not important to the story or anything, but they can be fun and interesting so whoever picks this up, please translate those bits too :)

第2話銃、病原菌(というかゾンビ)、あと取って付けたようなイケメン要素

Chapter 2: Gun, virus (or rather zombies), and an out of place ikemen

「うわっ、今度はセラ!? ウェブ小説じゃあるまいに、一体どうなってるんだよこの場所は!!」

「Whoa, this time it’s Sera!? It’s not like this is a web novel, what the hell is up with this place!?」

飛び込んでくるなりそう叫んだのは、この世のものとは思えないほどの美青年だった。

というか、この世に居ちゃいけない種類のイケメンだ。

With a yell that seemed to fly towards me was an unbelievably handsome man.

「……へ? 桐生君!?」

「……Huh? Kiryuu-kun!?」

青年は私の姿を見てかなり驚いているが、私の方もびっくりだった。

何しろその美青年は……間違いなく架空かくうの存在。人気乙女ゲー『虹夢高校☆ファンタジア(2014年リリース・ソシャゲ)』の一番人気のキャラクターだったからである。(乙女ゲームというのは、各種イケメンとの恋愛を楽しむタイプの女性向けゲームのことである。念のために補足)

The man was pretty surprised when he saw me, but I was pretty surprised as well.

After all, that handsome young man was……without a doubt, a fictional existence. He was the most popular character of a popular otome game called 『Rainbow Dream High School☆Fantasia (a social game released in 2014)』. (An otome game is a game where you romance a number of handsome hotties aimed at a female market. Explaining just in case.)

――桐生総一郎きりゅうそういちろう。

――Kiryuu Souichiro.

黒目黒髪の端正たんせいな美貌びぼうを持ち、穏やかな笑顔の良く似合う彼は、飄々(ひょうひょう)とした雰囲気を持つ黒幕タイプの青年だ。

ゲームを進める上でのヒントを教えてくれる、いわゆる『チュートリアル』的な役割を負っているキャラクターでもあって、あまりに頼りになりすぎるので、人気ランキングでは常に当然のように一位の座に居続けていた。

He had clean cut looks with black hair and black eyes, and with a face that suited his gentle smiles, he was a young man with an aloof aura who was a mastermind type.

He would give the player hints on how to proceed the story, in other words he was also charged with a 『tutorial』 type role. He was way too reliable so it was natural that he always took the top seat in popularity rankings.

……が、なんと彼は『隠し攻略キャラ』。

……However, he was also a 『hidden love interest』.

つまり、ほかの登場人物たちをすべて攻略し終えないと攻略できないキャラクターなのだった。

In other words, a character who couldn’t be unlocked unless the player conquered all the other character routes first.

乙女プレイヤーたちは愛しの桐生君にたどり着くために、大して興味のない他キャラクターを舌打ち交じりに攻略しなければならなかった……というのは、どうでもいい与太話よたばなしであるとして。

In order to reach their beloved Kiryuu-kun, the otome game players had to proceed through routes that they had not interest in while clicking their tongues……or so the idle gossip goes.

「話はあとだ、ぼーっとするな! とにかく、このゾンビどもを振り切るぞ!!」

「Leave the talking for later, don’t just sit there! We have to shake off the zombies!!」

桐生君はそう叫ぶや否いなや、私の肩をガッとつかんで立ち上がらせる。

生身の桐生君、力が強いなー……と、私は寝不足ながらに妙な感慨かんがいをいだいた。

Shouting and without waiting for my permission, Kiryu-kun grabbed onto my shoulders and made me stand up.

Real Kiryuu-kun sure is strong…… I contemplated wondrously while sleep deprived.

「動けるか?」

「あ……えーと、ええと、今すごく眠いので、多分む」

「寝不足かよ! いいから、俺の後ろに隠れろ!」

「あ……はいっ!!」

「Can you move?」

「Ah……Uhh, umm, I’m pretty sleepy right now, but probably」

「You’re sleep deprived!? Whatever, just hide behind me!」

「Ah……Yes!!」

見た目にも驚いたが、桐生君の口調にもかなり驚いてしまった。

この桐生君(仮)、口調が全然違うのだ。

桐生君はもっと、世の中を斜ななめに見ているような雰囲気だったような気がする。少なくともこんなにハキハキ喋るタイプではなかったはずだ。

I was surprised by his appearance, but I was also pretty shocked at his way of speech.

This Kiryuu-kun(provisional)’s tone was completely different.

I had the impression Kiryuu-kun was more of the type to look at the world with a slanted view. At the very least, he wasn’t the type to speak so frankly like this.

(変なの。まるで桐生君の体の中に別の人間が入っているみたい……)

(It’s strange. It’s like there’s a different person inside of Kiryuu-kun’s body……)

――ん?

――Hm?

――というか、ゾンビ?

――Wait, did he just say zombies?

「え? ……えええええっ!?」

「Eh? ……EEEEEHHHHHHHHH!?」

私が叫さけび声を上げたのと、桐生君がその辺に転がっていたバールをひっつかんでゾンビたちを殴りつけたのは、ほぼ同時のことだった。

While I was yelling, it was about the same instant that Kiryuu-kun picked up a crowbar lying somewhere in the vicinity and slammed it into a zombie.

舞い散る血しぶき。……と、それ以外の各種浸出液しんしゅつえき。

A spray of blood.……And, other various liquids gushed out.

たかがバールの一振りで、あーうー言いながらふっ飛ばされるゾンビたち。

桐生君(?)は倒れたゾンビたちをガンガンと豪快ごうかいに蹴とばして道を作ったかと思うと、私の手首を乱暴にひっつかみ、そのままドアの外に飛び出していった。

With just a swing of a crowbar, the zombies were sent flying.

As Kiryuu-kun vigorously beat the zombies, I noticed he seemed to kick them to make a path. Then he roughly grabbed my hand and we flew out the door.

──手があたたかい。

──His hand is warm.

桐生くんの妙でウソくさい見た目には驚いてしまったけれど、彼の手の温度だけはウソだと感じようがなかった。明らかに異常な緊急事態の中にいると分かっているのに、そのあたたかさに思わずホッとしてしまうほどに。

I had been stunned at Kiryuu-kun’s suspiciousness, but I couldn’t feel any lies in the warmth of this hand. It was clear we were in an abnormal crisis, but I almost lost myself in his warmth.

(それにしてもこの人、妙に暴力に慣れている……桐生君って、こんなに乱暴なキャラだったっけ?)

(At any rate, he seems to be strangely used to violence……Was Kiryuu-kun always this sort of coarse character?)

私は内心首をかしげつつ、桐生君と共に外に出る。

ドアの外は、もちろん見慣れたナースステーション……ではなかった。どんよりした薄曇りの空が広がる繁華街はんかがいの、見覚えのない路地裏ろじうらだった。

As I continued questioning in my heart, we exited the door.

Outside the door was of course the nurse station I was used to seeing……it wasn’t. We exited into a back alley underneath a dreary cloudy sky sprawled a downtown area I’d never seen before.

(……! いや、『ある』! この場所、来たことがある!)

(……! Wait, I have 『seen』 it! This place, I’ve been here before!)

私は思わず目を見開いた。

I reflexively widened my eyes.

「――走るぞ!」

「――Run!」

そういいながらも桐生君は私の返事を待たず、私の手首を掴んだまま走り出していった。

Without waiting for my reply, Kiryuu-kun began sprinting while holding onto my wrist.

「ちょ……まっ……!!」

「Hey……Wai……!!」

私は叫んだ。睡眠不足で食事もロクにとっていない体で、いきなり全力疾走なんてしたら死んでしまう……!! そんな風に思ったのだが、体が妙に軽かった。

I shouted. If you force my body that was sleep deprived and rarely got a good meal to full out sprint, I’ll die……!! Those were my thoughts, but my body felt strangely light.

(……あれ?)

(……Huh?)

むしろ走るのが気持ちいい。さっきまで体が重かったのが嘘のような、すがすがしい気分だった。

In fact, running felt good. The weight of my body from moments ago seemed like a lie, giving me a refreshed feeling.

(変なの……体がほとんど疲れてない。あんなに寝不足だったはずなのに……)

(Strange…… My body is barely tired, even though it was so sleep deprived……)

おかしい。ここは死後の世界か何かなんだろうか。内心何度も首をかしげる。

走りながら、もう一度周囲を見回してみた。

Weird. Was this the after life or something? I tilted my neck numerous times in my heart.

I scanned my surroundings once again as we ran.

細い裏路地うらろじ。ボロボロの壁。

The narrow back streets. The rundown buildings.

鉄筋レベルで斜ななめになっているんじゃないかと疑いたくなるほど老朽化ろうきゅうかの進んだビル群。

The buildings we rushed by were so deteriorated, I doubted that they might even be distorted down to the reinforced steel.

壁に沢山取り付けられている汚れ切った室外機や、外れかかった雨どい……。

The walls were splattered with numerous stains and filth, and rain gutters were loosened……

思わず後ろをふりかえれば、ゾンビたちがのろのろと……いや、小走りといっていい速度で追いかけてきているところだった。もし私たちが足を止めれば、ものの十数秒で追い付かれてしまうだろう。

When I turned back in spite of myself, zombies were sluggishly following……No, they were running at a speed considerable to a jog behind us. If we were to stop, they’d likely catch up to us in tens of seconds.

(さすがにバールで一回殴っただけじゃ倒せなかったのね……とにかく、あのゾンビたちを何とかしないと……)

(As expected, it’d be hard to beat them with just one hit from a bar……For now, we have to do something about those zombies……)

状況は何一つわからないが、とりあえずあのゾンビたちを倒さない限り、考える時間もありはしない。

努つとめて冷静になるように自分自身に言い聞かせながら、私はもう一度周囲を見た。

I didn’t understand anything of my current circumstances, but as long as we didn’t get rid of those zombies, there was no time to even speculate.

Trying to become as calm as possible, I asked myself again and took a look at my surroundings.

――やはりここは、初めて来た場所ではない。

――As I thought, this isn’t the first time I’ve been here.

地形というか……マップにとても見覚えがある。

The terrain, you could say……It was a sight I’ve seen displayed on a map.

(……ここ、ゲームの世界だ……)

(……This place, it’s the world of a game……)

その事実に、ぞわっと鳥肌が立った。

地形といい、街並みといい……この世界は、昔やっていた『デッドマンズ・コンフリクト3(1998年発売・コンシューマーゲーム)』のステージそのままだ。

ゾンビウイルスに汚染されてしまったコンフィシティからの脱出を目指す、純日本産・大量ゾンビ殺戮系さつりくけいゲームの世界……。

A wave of goosebumps ran up my skin as I came to that conclusion.

The terrain, the townscape……This world was the exact same as a stage of a game I used to play, 『Deadman’s Conflict 3 (released 1998, consumer game』.

The goal was to escape from a confidential city that was contaminated with a zombie virus, a zombie slaughtering game originating from Japan, that was this world……

『繁華街ダウンタウン』。

『Downtown』.

ここはデッドマンズ・コンフリクト3が始まる最初のステージだ。

画面の美しさはかなり上がっているが、間違いない。もう少し進んだ場所には次のステージ『住宅街アップタウン』へとつながるドアがあるはず。

This was the first stage of Deadman’s Conflict 3.

The graphics quality had gone up quite a bit, but there was no mistake. There should be a door further up ahead connecting to the next stage, 『Uptown』.

(曲がりくねった迷路みたいな道が続くから、初心者は苦労するエリアなんだよね……)

(There were continuous bendy roads that were a lot like mazes, so it was an area full of hardships for beginners……)

周囲を見回しながら、私は思った。

私も昔は散々道に迷い、ゾンビに追われ、ゾンビに食われ、食われ、食われ、食われまくり……苦しみながら地形を覚えていったのものだった。

そのおかげもあって、このあたりの地形は潜在意識せんざいいしきレベルで把握はあくしてはいるのだけれども……。

I thought while observing my surroundings.

In the past, I also got lost many times, chased by zombies, eaten by zombies, eaten, eaten, eaten again and again……I learned the terrain after much suffering.

Thanks to that, I was able to grasp an understanding of the topography on a subconscious level……

(……ん? あれ、まって、この道の先は……)

(……Hm? Hey, wait, at the end of this path is……)

私はふと目を瞬まばたく。三つに分かれた道の真ん中を……桐生くんが進もうとしている先を見て、「そっちは駄目だ」と思ったからだ。慌てて桐生くんの手を引っ張って引き留める。

I blinked. The middle branch of a path that forked into three…… As I saw Kiryuu-kun try to enter, I thought 「that way is no good」. In a panic, I yanked on Kiryuu-kun’s hand and pulled him to a stop.

「――っとっと! どうした!?」

「――Whoa! What’s wrong!?」

と、戸惑いながらも私を見おろす桐生君。

Kiryuu-kun looked down at me with confusion.

「急がないと、ゾンビが」

「駄目です桐生く……いや、桐生さん! そっちは行き止まりなんです!」

「なんだって?」

「こっち……こっちなんです!」

「If we don’t hurry, the zombies will」

「You can’t, Kiryuu-ku……No, Kiryuu-san! That road’s a dead end!」

「What?」

「This way……This way!」

いうや否や……私はすぐに桐生さんの手を引いて、別方向に……左の道を選んで走り出した。

Without waiting for his permission…… I immediately pulled Kiryuu-san’s hand and headed toward a different direction……I chose the left path and began running.

「えっ、むしろそっちが行き止まりなんじゃないか? 立ち入り禁止テープで入れないようにされているのが見えるが……」

「本来ならクリア二週目から行けるようになる場所なんです! テープは……破りましょう!」

「破る!?」

「Eh, isn’t that place the dead end? It’s blocked off with barricade tape……」

「It’s an area that unlocks on your second clear! The tape……We’ll rip it!」

「Rip!?」

『KEEP OUT』と黒いヘルベチカフォントでプリントされた、黄色い立ち入り禁止テープは、ゲーム中では絶対に破ることが出来ない。

クリア二週目になってからでないと通れないように設定されている場所だからだ。主人公が何度ぶつかろうと、ナイフで切りかかろうと……本来ならば、絶対にこのテープは破れない。

The yellow barricade tape with 『KEEP OUT』printed in black helvetica font was definitely unbreakable in the game.

The area was set so that you couldn’t enter into it unless you had cleared the game twice. No matter how much the protagonist hit it, hacked at it with a knife……In a normal situation, this tape would never break.

「てやあああっ!!」

「TEYAHHhHHhhH!!」

だけど、ゲームキャラクターのような制約のない私たちなら、あっさりと引きちぎることが出来た。

But us, without the restrictions of game characters, were able to easily rip the tape.

「君は、一体……?」

「What are you……?」

と、桐生さんが目を瞬いてたずねてくるが、それに答える余裕はない。

ビリバリベリ、と何重にも張られたテープを五秒ほどで排除はいじょして、私たちは先を急ぐ。

Kiryuu-san asked while blinking, but I had no leeway to answer.

Rip rip rip, removing the numerous lines of tape in around five seconds, we hurried ahead.

――ゲームなんて、ここ半年は本当にまったくやっていない。

――I haven’t played any games in around half a year.

家に帰っては寝ているだけで、スマホでSNSさえ覗のぞいていない状態なのだ。だけど……体は覚えていた。私の体は、このゲームをやりこんだことを覚えていた。

When I went home I’d just sleep, even SNS, I’d just peek at it on my smartphone from time to time. But still…… my body remembered it. My body remembered that it had played this game.

「セラちゃん、この世界の窓は開けられないんじゃ」

「この窓だけは別なんです!」

「Sera-chan, the windows in this world can’t be open」

「This window is different!」

そういうなり、私は壁沿いにあったひときわ目立つ大窓の桟さんに指先をひっかけて、ガシャガシャと揺さぶった。

『セラちゃん』と呼ばれたことに違和感を持つが、そんなことより目の前の大窓だ。大窓は引っ張っても押してもなかなか開かず、らちがあかなかったので仕方なく桐生さんの持っていたバールをぶんどって、窓にガンガンたたきつけた。

……バール、初めて持つけどめっちゃ重い。

Saying so, I went towards the conspicuously large window embedded in the wall and hooked my fingers on the frame and pulled, rattling the window noisily.

It felt out of place to be called 『Sera-chan』, but first was the big window in front of me. No matter if I pulled or pushed, the window wouldn’t readily open, so without a choice I took the crowbar from Kiryuu-san and began bashing the window madly.

……Crowbar, it’s my first time holding one but it’s super heavy.

「っらあああああっ!!」

「……君は動物園から逃げ出したばかりのゴリラかなにかか……?」

「rrRRRRAAAAAHHHH!!」

「……Are you a gorilla that escaped from the zoo……?」

と、桐生さんが私のあまりの力強さにどん引きしてつぶやいているが、気にしない。

ゾンビゲームをやりこんでいてよかった。

アホほど攻略情報を調べておいて本当によかった。

半年間仕事で潰れていようとも、全くゲームをしておらずとも、ゲーマーとしての脳回路が、『ここを覚えておけばトク』という情報だけはしっかりと覚えてくれていたのだから!

Kiryuu-san muttered at my overwhelming power in shock, but I didn’t care.

I’m glad I played zombie games.

I’m glad I researched walkthroughs to a stupid amount.

No matter if I had only worked for half a year, even if I hadn’t played games at all, my gamer brain clearly remembered the information of when I told it to 『memorize this part』!

「そこ、本当に入れるのか!?」

「大丈夫、入れます! 割れたガラスにだけは気を付けて!」

「Can you really get in from there!?」

「Yes, you can! Just be careful about the broken glass!」

そういいながらも窓から無理やり部屋の中に入り込み、記憶を頼りにボロボロの部屋の中を突き進むと……あった!

ダイニングチェアに座っているオッチャンの死体(ゲームでは無臭のCGテクスチャでした)と、オッチャンがにぎりしめている無限マシンガン!!

As I said so, I entered the room from the window I forcefully broke into and headed into the worn down room relying on my memory……There!

The body of the old man who was sitting on the dining chair (in the game it was a CG texture), and the infinite machine gun the old man was holding in his hand!!

私はそれをむんずと勢いよくつかみ、突如とつじょゾンビと化して襲い掛かってきたオッチャンの顔にけりを入れ、ついでに一発ぶっ放した。瞬殺だ。

(これは私が凶暴な人格破綻者じんかくはたんしゃだからそうしたのではなく、ゲーム中でもこうしないと主人公がオッチャンに食われてゲームオーバーになるからしたのである)

I grabbed it strongly and kicked in the face of the old man who had suddenly changed into a zombie to attack me, then punched him away for good measure. It was an instant defeat.

(This wasn’t because I had changed into a brutal and bankrupt human, but even in the game, if the player didn’t do those steps they’d be eaten by the old man and it’d be game over.)

……マシンガン、初めて持つけどめっちゃ重い。

……Machine gun, it’s my first time holding one but it’s super heavy.

「ちっ、まだ生きてますね。往生際おうじょうぎわの悪い……大人しく死ねええええええ!!」

「……一体何なんだこの生き物は……」

「Tch, still alive? Don’t know when to give up……Just DIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!」

「……Just what is this creature……」

と、桐生さんが私を見て呆然とつぶやいているらしき気配がするが、気にしている余裕はない。もうじき私たちを追っていたゾンビたちが追い付いてくるはずなのだから。

Kiryuu-san muttered as he stared at me in a daze, but I wouldn’t care about it. The zombies that were chasing us would catch up soon.

「……っと、マズいぞ! ゾンビどもが追いかけてきやがった!」

「……Ah, shit! The zombies caught up!」

と、桐生さんが鋭声とごえを上げたのと、私がニヤリと片頬かたほほを上げたのはほぼ同時のことだった。計算通りのタイミングで、背後からゾンビたちが迫っている気配がした。

When Kiryuu-san raised his voice sharply, at the same time the sides of both my cheeks lifted. At the exact time estimated, I could feel the presence of zombies closing in on us from behind.

「大丈夫……足元のやつは死んだので、そっちもすぐ片付けます!」

「It’s fine…… The guy at my feet is dead, so I’ll clean up those guys too in a flash!」

言うなり私はスカートをひるがえして振り返る。

そして床を這い、あるいはのろのろと歩いてこちらに向かってくるゾンビたちの群れに向かってマシンガンを構えなおした。

I swiveled back, skirt fluttering.

Crouching on the floor, I faced the herd of zombies that were slowly walking this way and had my machine gun at the ready.

――タタンッ。

――BA-BANG!

音だけを聞けばあっさりとした発射音。しかし、正確に眉間を射抜かれたゾンビその一はあっさりその場に崩れ落ちる。

無限マシンガンを使用した上で、敢あえてのバーストモード+ヘッドショット。これでポイントが二倍になる。私はマシンガンを構えなおし、すぐさま次のゾンビも打つ。そしてまた次のゾンビも、次のゾンビも……。

From just the sound, it was a crisp but simple shooting sound. But the zombies that had bullets accurately placed in the middle of their foreheads quickly fell in place.

On top of utilizing the unlimited machine gun, unnecessarily upping the level to hardmode + headshot. This way the points would be doubled. Adjusting my stance with the machine gun, I immediately shot the head of the next zombie. Then the next zombie, and the next zombie……

「本当に何なんだこの生き物は……」

「Really, what is this creature……」

あまりに私が遠慮なく殺すので、桐生さんがどん引きを超えてポカンとした表情になっていた。

I had killed too excessively without restraint, Kiryuu-san had crossed the realm of cringing and had on a vacant expression.

「こういう時に遠慮をしてはいけませんよ、桐生さん。ゾンビの中には妙にしぶといヤツがいるんです。

死んだフリをしてプレイヤーに襲い掛かろうとするような卑怯千万ひきょうせんばんなヤツが……ね゛っ!!」

「It’s not good to hold back in times like these, Kiryuu-san. There are some weirdly tenacious guys mixed in with the zombies.

Sneaky bastards who play dead and attack the player when they get near……see!!?」

そう言いながら私は死体を蹴り上げて、死んだふりをしているゾンビがいないか確認する。

While speaking I kicked the dead bodies to check if there were any zombies pretending to be dead.

「このシリーズのゾンビは倒れた後に出血していなければ『死んだフリ』をしています。『死んだフリ』をしているゾンビに不用意に近づくと足を掴まれたり噛まれたりして大変なので、気をつけてくださいね」

「In this series, as long as the zombie isn’t bleeding after being defeated, that means they’re 『playing dead』. If you carelessly get too close to zombies 『playing dead』, they can grab your legs and bite you, so please be careful. 」

私はそんなことを説明しつつも、周囲が完全に安全地帯クリアーになったことを実感し、ようやく我に返ることが出来た。

While explaining, I felt that the zone had completely become a safe area and was finally able to return to my normal self.

「……」

そして、唖然あぜんとしている桐生さんと目が合った。

Then, I met eyes with a dumbfounded Kiryuu-san.

「……」

「……。……」

「……。……あっ、と。

えっと、その、桐生さん!! 大丈夫です、これでもう安全ですよ!!」

「……。……Ah, um.

Uh, that is, Kiryuu-san!! It’s okay now, it’s safe here!!」

ゲーム脳からマトモな人間に戻った私は、真顔でこちらを見つめている桐生さん相手にとりつくろったような笑顔を浮かべて見せるしかなかった。

I, who had returned from my gamer mind to a normal person, had no choice but to plaster on a smile toward Kiryuu-san who looked at me with a serious face, trying to keep up appearances.

【本編を読み進めるうえで何の参考にもならない登場人物紹介(たまに人物以外も略)】

【Character Introduction that won’t move the story forward or serve as as reference (occasionally topics other than people) 】

■ ウェブ小説じゃあるまいに

■ It’s not a web novel

ウェブ小説とは巨大掲示板や個人HP、専用プラットフォームなどを通じて書き手が直接読み手に届けるスタイルの小説のことである。

書き手が編集者ナシに本能のままに書きなぐり、そのままアップロードすることが多い。そのため、書き手の欲求や抱えている痛み、とがりすぎて人から理解されにくい趣味、口にすれば多くの人にドン引かれるような価値観などがそのままむき出しになっているケースも多いが、ファンはむしろそこを愛していたりする(していない時もある)。桐生が言及げんきゅうした「ウェブ小説」は、そういったウェブ小説によくある流行パターンの一つ『どういう仕組みかよく分からんけど現代人が商業ゲームっぽい世界に行ってしまうやつ』に該当がいとうする。

11. AdCaelum

AdCaelum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaahhh...I wanna translate this, but I already have too many projects to deal with.
    So instead, I shall bump +1
    (but if no one picks this up by the time I finish all my stuff or become free enough to pick up more, I'll take this on!)

12. arashi-chan12

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for the interest and giving this greedy leech a speck of hope Best of luck to you in all your other endeavors!

AdCaelum likes this.
  13. AdCaelum

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, I guess the author got so excited their novel got translated into English that they MTL’ed ch2 themselves on their own blog. I found the link on kakuyomi
    I love it when authors show interest in our fan translations and become excited about it. Makes me want to finish up my stuff and hurry up to translate this...

14. arashi-chan12

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh shit
    Ahh damn that's so nice TuT
    I hope someone takes interest in this soon (or that your work frees up but then I sound like a selfish pleb TuT)
    It's so cute how author got excited and MTLed it themself TuT Plus with all the art they've drawn and such, it's nice to see how much the author loves their story and characters! I hope more EN speakers take an interest in Crowbar Nurse ;7;

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  15. Nonon

Nonon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, this might actually be my first time seeing a jp author MTL-ing the story themselves
    Hope we can get this translated!

16. arashi-chan12

Reading List:
    Link
    Right? It's my first time too

It's nice to see the author try and connect with other cultures, even though English isn't their native language. Might I say, I even feel appreciated?

I really hope we can get the ball rolling on this one. If all fails, then... Damn, I guess I'll have to do it myself even though my track record is abysmal.

Nonon likes this.
  17. Nonon

Nonon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same!

Mm, if it all fails, I could try to help out somehow! Not that my gayming level is enough for the supposed gayming terms here though...

For now I'll just bump up this thread here and there.

18. AdCaelum

Reading List:
    Link
    @arashi-chan12 and @Nonon
    If you need any help with terms, I can help! This story and author need some love and attention. While I’m working on my own stuff, I can still offer any assistance if you need them. Just let me know :blobhero:

Nonon and arashi-chan12 like this.
  19. osm

osm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This looks pretty cool! I think I'd like to pick up the series. I know the author has given permission already, I'd like to message them first to discuss a few things. I'll update this thread afterwards.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  20. arashi-chan12

Reading List:
    Link
    *GASPS*
    OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH
    They do have a hatena blog: https://sousakuoishii.hatenablog.com/
    But I'm not quite sure how to respond on there.
    And they have a WordPress account that has commented on the two teasers released so far. I think they have an eye on this thread as well?

Anyway, I hope it goes well! Super looking forward to it!

osm likes this.