Discussion cultivation in different novels maybe spoilerish

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by thekingofgamez, Dec 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. thekingofgamez

thekingofgamez [He who makes others cough up blood in anger!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats your favorite cultivation system from novels and i dont mean like subsystem like dual cultivation or demonic I'm talking about like Emperors domination system with fate palaces and etc or ji nings world with dao lords, autarachs etc. or lin mings essence body and soul. Some of you might not know but inorder to reach the "APEX" of some universe you have to study all of different cultivation methods i believe lin ming has to have all 3 to a certain point to become that next level that others cant. or like linley ( coiling dragon)has to have mutated 4 souls of the elements.

So if you had to live in one of these worlds which would you choose and which wouldn't you choose and why? ( Please don't include systems they just exp grind its not really cultivation ) Don't forget you aren't the mc being born with a cheat or some super awesome old man spirit

For my top 3 that i wouldn't cultivate in it would be
    1. Martial world and why I dont think i could pass life destruction and cultivating 3 different systems to get to the top seems way to hard if you arent a MC type of character it doesnt seem possible! especially since you have to start Body cultivation early if you didnt have prior knowledge you would be screwed.
    2.Coiling dragon - I like the cultivation in this world but even if you couldnt get to hong meng level to get to the peak of this world would require you to kill a sovereign to get a core to become one and its almost impossible to do unless maybe if you become a soul mutate (random)and a paragon which is suppose to be hard as hell and even then you could maybe at best kill a lesser sovereign.
    3 Divine throne of primordial blood - The blood line thing sounds like crap especially if you end up being born with a low level bloodline and even worse if you have no blood line.

the 3 that I would cultivate would be
    1.Cultivation chat group Honestly even though the world is modern its cultivation doesnt seem so harsh and not every cultivator seems like a hell bent murdering maniac.
    2.duo dalu or combat continent I like the idea that people can help you when you get the spirits so its not totally crappy and harsh. the world also doesn't seem so crappy where everyone is out to get you.
    3. Ancient godly monarch i really like the idea of the stars and connecting to them and gaining knowledge you can even choose your path.

sketchn98 likes this.
  2. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    Coiling Dragon. . . . .

3. m4gnus

m4gnus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation in Desolate Era I think is the most clear about its stage and Path
    there is a path to cultivate Body, Heart and Qi with many choice in which Dao you can Cultivate

4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I can use the "Author's ex Machina" ability then?

Since we're talking about cultivation.

5. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any cultivation that doesn't follow the "mc is genius/talented/gifted in some mental, magical or spiritual cultivation type, but ends up being a full on physical body cultivator who may or may not be hell bent on killing everyone for some reason" trope.
    Sadly there are not a lot of good novels with this kind of premise.

Coiling dragon is good example of the bad. Mc started as mage, but ended up MC turning into a meat tank mid way for some reason, don't get me wrong though, coiling dragon was one of the best CN i have read.
    Other example of bad is forty milleniums of cultivation, MC wants to become refiner, and does so, but for some reason also seems to become a hulking meat tank(not completely sure as i have skipped tons of plot armor fights that literally give nothing tot he story aside plot convenience)

Swallowed star is meh example of good, although MC sort of becomes a hulking tank, he originally was a spirit reader, and that continues for most part, atleast all the way through 700-ish chapters, but he doesn't start being a 'real' body cultivator that is obsessed with masochisting meat tank training things.
    Other example of good is Cultivating to Become a Great Celestial, this is a bit unusual, but here MC isn't really talented and doesn't start cultivating her body like in almost every other cultivation story.

tl;dr any kind of cultivation that isn't masochistic bodily cultivation seems ideal

6. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In some sense what Lin Ming cultivates in MW Essence Body and Soul are kinda what Ning cultivates but called different things. Ning has the Picture of Nuwa to cultivate his Soul, FiendGod training for Body Cultivation and Ki Refining which is another way of saying Essence.

So first I'd like to go for a world like DE, specifically the Three Realms, the early part of Ning's journey with the Fiendgod training and ki refining training pre-black/white school was cool. And it'd be cool to maybe see Subhuti or some of those 'famous Deities' that are around. Or at least get a chance maybe to study at the hall Ning sets up with all that stuff he finds. Or what becomes of the Three Realms depending on how far you've read since alot goes on now 37 some volumes in lol. And a lot of the apparent success of even other random people in the novels is mostly hard work, followed by being lucky/being bold and be decent at reading people/social interaction.

Or a world (and hopefully with a similar power) like Monster Paradise on the ever hated Qidian. Those 'System' type stories in settings like Monster Paradise or Super Gene would be fun/interesting and not be totally reliant on birth like Divine Throne Primordial Blood (I hate that name its so long).

Or of course a world like Night Ranger or World of Gods from Warlock of Magus World, DnD with visible system and levels and stuff would be cool.

Cause even if you only got to Earth Immortal or something in DE that's still like 100k+ years at least. That's a damn site longer than this shitty 100yr at best deal we got going on now lol

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    don't wanna
    Starchild Escapes Arranged Marriage~ MC path~ yup don't wanna~ no way~ how many time I need to die to level up? yeah that is grind exp but mentally exhausting ~ you need extreme will power to not broken~ beside please 1 ordinary yan is enough put aside 4 godlike nvm he is not me lel~
    Daoist Gu or Gu Daoist~ hmm living with Gu inside body was it? nope nope nope~

cultivation system I wanna cultivate Ze Tian Ji and Heaven Awakening Path

Ogagon likes this.
  8. Ananse

Ananse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found World of Cultivation's merging of ling power, mo physique and yao consciousness/arts into shen power pretty good though slightly predictable

I used to find the cultivation stages in the earlier books of Desolate Era quite confusing when the branch splits off between Fiendgod cultivation stages and regular cultivation stages although that might've been due to the fact that there were pinyin terms like xiantian and zifu etc thrown around

9. cktulica

cktulica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    coiling dragon or I shall seal the heavens.

10. popky1

popky1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the system of monster paradise though to start it you would need lots of money

11. alex548

alex548 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Best one from my point of view is Stellar Fransformation

jihadjoe likes this.
  12. m4gnus

m4gnus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just remembered, Cultvation for MC in Strongest System and Ultimate Scheming system is quite good
    since you can Upgrade your Skill and Buy things using Point

13. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Having read ahead, Charm of Soul Pets' cultivation system is a bit more interesting since it's more like a diary of your adventures in the wilderness. Of course depending on your point of view, it involves breaking into animal nests, killing them and stealing their young to use in cock fights..

thekingofgamez likes this.
  14. thekingofgamez

Reading List:
    Link
    charm of soul pets is cool but its not like pokemon where one type is better than the other so you gotta study up on each creature. This world doesnt seem as bad either there are alot of cool pets even if you arent MC level you can still get alot of awesome pets

15. Dementia

Dementia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The best in my opinion is Desolate Era. Its relatively easy to become an immortal and I get to have eternity enjoying lolis!:blobnosebleed:.

16. thekingofgamez

Reading List:
    Link
    it depends on where you are born im going to assume you are going to be born in 3 realms etc but my thread would be like if you were the average cultivator not many people make it to Immortality in the desolate era world i think i would go full fiendgod but you might get lucky and be n born in a sect or something.

17. thekingofgamez

Reading List:
    Link
    systems are too easy to level up its more of an exp grind and not cultivation but i would also choose a system over traditional cultivation i think everyone would thats why i asked no systems. Any ideas of something else?

18. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Forty millenniums of cultivation is my pick for cultivation system. It's standardized, gives a chance for everyone even if it needs a great deal of resources and the upper class gets better skills and a higher starting points. It's also has a great deal similar to our world's concept of society so it probably wouldn't be that hard getting used to that sort of cultivation.

sketchn98 likes this.
  19. Ak0w

Ak0w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Library of heavens path seems interesting. There's the raw cultivation strength but the professions overshadow it.

20. thekingofgamez

Reading List:
    Link
    well in all cultivation novels its all bout money in this world with the school system it can help and hurt its liek the sect thing in other novels but the idea of getting knowledge through the web if you can afford it is cool. I enjoy the novel and even though i wont choose the path of refiner the schools is my favorite part of it. Cultivation is used for every aspect so its nice

sketchn98 likes this.