Recommendations cultivation novels where....

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by aclgrafix, Jun 17, 2021.

1. aclgrafix

aclgrafix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so I've noticed in nearly ALL cultivation novels I've read, at some point, the MC ALWAYS starts to cultivate demonic/evil techniques to progress like following orthodox/good techniques will never get you far on the path of cultivation, so I'm looking for novels where the mc doesn't cultivate any demonic/evil techniques
    (I've also used the series finder function with Demonic Cultivation Technique excluded but there a still a lot that have the mc use demonic/evil cultivation.)

Want:
    - Male Lead
    - MC does NOT cultivate any demonic cultivation techniques/follow demonic/evil path
    - MC isn't a psychopathic killing machine (actually has morals){preferably don't want the MC to be/become an arrogant as*hole either}
    - Romance is always welcome even if its subplot (not the kind where fml turns into a half-forgotten side char or nothing more than a s*x tool for the mc)
    - actively translated (kinda sucks when you find a good novel only to find out its no longer being translated when your halfway through it

note: most of the cultivation novels I'm reading are in my adlocked list - (for those who don't know how to view another's public reading lists
    click here to go to my profile, click reading list

[​IMG]

then click on any of the tabs that appear

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  2. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation Chat Group

The reason the MC's always cultivate evil/demonic techniques is that they usually are faster ways to strength. They essentially take a shortcut by paying a price (whether said price is a bit of insanity, (blood)lust or the occasional sacrifice of others) allowing the MC to increase in cultivation faster than his competitors while either not influencing the MC or only doing so for one story-arc instead of the rest of their lives.
    Given how those stories always tend to focus on underdogs becoming high-speed cultivating geniuses, having them stray from the orthodox path is the easiest way for an author to explain their improvements without just writing "plot armor" in flowery words.