Discussion Cultivation novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by 4L3Y, Jan 9, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, they don't truly seek sexual pleasure. What they seek is the "achievement" feeling (of conquering a dream girl). If you read enough novels, you will find that girls who usually fall target for this not only have beautiful face and hot body, but also have other qualities like "from a high-class family", "a genius"... and the most important "virginity".
    Don't think that I'm trying to justify bad cultivation novels. I just want to say that even if a novel has the tropes you mentioned, it is not automatically a bad novel.

2. Konstantin

Konstantin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Em, no. Cultivation is mostly about talent to percieve and utilize QI, which has nothing to do with actual intelligence. There a lot of "arrogant young master" because they ARE above countless other people in the world where power is everything. So, of course, the only thing they will do is abuse their power. Almost all cultivation novels have ancient China setting - a primitive world. You should learn the history of humanity - it is full of stupid wars, rape, slavery and all sorts of violence. You expect people from a primitive world to act as modern-world people and for them to have the same morals? Lol.

Overall rating is almost always very close to the truth because it is based on the opinion of the majority. If you disagree then it means that you have different tastes from most people, nothing more. A lot of people WANT to read about MC face-slapping young masters while raising in power and gathering his harem, surprise! I would say that if the novel has an average rating of 4,2 or higher then it is likely that it would have something good that made people rate it highly.

3. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The same way people like happy go lucky MCs or teen edge lord MCs in JP novels, people also love their face slapping and harem collecting MCs in CN novels just because. You could make this same rant with any other medium if not genre frankly. Even romance novels have their tired cliches.

4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Try making this complaint on Weibo or maybe webnovel.com where authors might actually see it because they wont here.
    These xianxia/xuahuan novels are called mental masturbation for a reason
    yy novels I believe they are called in China.
    They are bad by design, it is not a flaw
    expecting otherwise is your own tomfoolery

5. Nisaea

Nisaea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You get what you pay for.

Wujigege likes this.
  6. Lamo Lamp

Lamo Lamp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree honestly
    cultivation genre in novel is really really interesting, sadly those author had lack imagination and inovation to execute said genre

like you said rinse and repeat, some random heavenly blah blah beautiful girl whose face look like photoshoped, some arrogant young master and so on

tbh some of the most interesting xianxia novel genre I read written by western like defiance of the fallen, arrogant young master template a variation 4, and rebirth apocalypse

Zerak likes this.
  7. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Defiance of the fall is amazing. It has a few chapters (5 - 10 chapters) after chapter 70ish that are not that good that caused some people to drop it. But apart from that it is an amazing novel.

I read rebirth apocalypse up to chapter 72, it was interesting but honestly I haven’t gone back to reading it since it was posted on Amazon, I am thinking of buying it or reading it on another website. But idk if it turns bad or not, so please tell me what you think if you have read past chapter 72.

arrogant young master template a variation 4 I have read amazing reviews about it but I am hesitant to try it. Would you say it’s worth the read or should I wait till there is more out?

8. Lamo Lamp

Lamo Lamp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm, if you dont have other novel to read, go ahead but I suggest to wait so you can binge read it

Zerak likes this.
  9. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial King's Retired Life to answer your question.

10. Villager Anonymous

Reading List:
    Link
    Though in all fairness it is more of a novel with cultivation in it than a cultivation novel.

11. Villager Anonymous

Reading List:
    Link
    Or many people don't bother to vote or read it in the first place.

12. Konstantin

Konstantin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the same for any novel or any form of rating. Many people don't rate anything at all, so what? There is no statistical difference between those who rate the novel and those who don't. In fact, it is more likely for the person to rate something he hates, so if "everyone" was forced to rate all novels they read then the rating would be higher.

13. cosmicpeach

cosmicpeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should try read Ascending, Do Not Disturb

It's a romance cultivation but I definitely love it very much. All the characters are great, they are not dumb cultivator who will fight for like every stupid things. This is the first cultivation novel that makes me think I want to live there~ the world building also awesome!

14. Villager Anonymous

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean nobody can be sure there is a statistical difference, wouldn't be surprised if minority was deciding everything. Also many xianxia novels do say cultivation raises intelligence which in those cases tend to cause serious plot holes.

15. CRYPTID.PATRIARCH

CRYPTID.PATRIARCH Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the writer can't write above his qi, and a real taoist it´s wise or dont are strong, and so the writer cant make a villain;__; a more realistic qi its very hardcore to write, like sherlock/strategy stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.