Discussion Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Parth37955, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So...I have the game on pc and I've currently sunk 20 hours into the game. I like it. Thankfully the bugs in the PC version aren't too bad. I've only crashed once randomly. There was clearly many optimizations that need to be made however seeing as how ryzen chips aren't being properly used and stuff. I also saw an article about GPUs not being properly used..hopefully that gets ironed out soon.

As for the ps4/xbox versions...oof. may want to wait a few weeks/months on that.

Anyways what are y'all's impressions of the game so far? Please no spoilers.

I'm not a fan of the gear system. Essentially loot levels as you level. So a gun found at level 20 will be far better than a gun found at level 15. It's just kind of annoying because you'll be constantly switching weapons and armor. I've never played first person shooters before but like I've gotten really good at headshots. I play stealth up until I can't and then hack and shoot my way out. The various mechanics are a bit overwhelming but I have gotten used to them slowly.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/kcka6t/unlock_your_cyberpunk_2077_memory_pool_budget/?

Try this fix for pc, it helped with shuddering and improved my lows in game

Also if anyone has a ryzen chip, you can edit the executable to improve performance (apparently it wasn't properly utilizing the cores) https://www.notebookcheck.net/Reddi...lly-doubling-minimum-framerates.509224.0.html

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  2. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. I don't feel anything groundbreaking from it, just feels like a GTA + Rage 2. Could use a lot more polish though.

3. Jerry chicks

Jerry chicks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It needs some patches for sure. Especially on console. Just got done watching the spiffing Brit video on it. The game is extremely broken in a good way.

4. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I own it, but I'm going to wait until it's patched some more before playing it.

5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll wait. Probably upgrade my computer before I play.

6. Scyphoza

Scyphoza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im having fun but my main complaint is the the best bug isnt an intentional feature. I want to be able to just walk around with my testicles or junk handing out at all times. Think old man with open robe that no one wants to see type stuff.

userunfriendly likes this.
  7. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    I bluescreened while driving in the middle of Japantown. It is very buggy and poorly optimised. It runs better on console for me atm. The story went by too quickly and need more cosmetic options.

Aesthetic and the cybernetics are fun to play around with.

8. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's CD Project Red, we'll probably get a good and large DLC in a year or two along with bug patches. Witcher 3's 'Blood & Wine' DLC was nearly as long as the main game, and introduced new and exciting mechanics that changed how you actually fought and stuff.

Still though it doesn't mean everything's great, there's clearly one area in the Witcher 3 that could use some patches, specifically the one at the bottom of Velen. That are is practically just dead space, it was likely meant to be something; but it probably got cut.

9. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm enjoying it. That's all I have to say. But then again, I am used to buggy open world rpg's from Daggerfall to Morrowind

imK likes this.
  10. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty beefy for an rpg tbh from what i see. Tons of unlockable and explore. The only downside is their fps combat but that's just my preference. FPS versus AI make a quite boring gameplay. Oh and no third person view.

I expect more fast paced gun fu combat system from the title though.
    This game could probably match RDR2 in terms of content.

imK likes this.
  11. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im suprised they called this game "gold" texture glitches, game crashes
    riding roach was smoother than driving cars even more when car refuses to drive in 1 direction and just starts to play lowrider
    soldier in a lift appearing and disappearing, later floating as if there was no gravity
    just standing infront of a building i had police shot me (no restricted zone, no dweapen drawn etc)
    sometimes the weapon in you hands went missing so you shot with you fingers

also i missed a warning about restricted zones, pass a door siren starts and you have to fight all ppl in the building
    organizing your inventory is annoying even more with all that drop all your weapon missions

nowhere near as polished as TW3 on release

12. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    ill pass on the game. id rather spend my time playing Nier Replicant when it comes out in a few months. oh also Labyrinth of Refrain Coven of Dusk recently got a sequel so im looking forward to playing that game

13. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why people are crying about bugs. They brought this upon themselves for continuing to pressure cdpr to release the game.

Obviously there were delays for a reason and that was because the game was not ready, and because of the hordes of chooms screaming for the game to be released, we got a bug ridden game.

It's a shame.

imK, AMissingLinguist and Gitami like this.
  14. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its on cdpr fanning the hype, last minute delay and promise of no further delays

some honesty at the right time " we arent quite there were we want to be" "5 versions release at the same time is a bit much for us"
    just look at GTA they go console and take 1-1,5 years to make a PC version and its not a normal console release either but a double one with current and next gen.
    so instead of nailing one anf delaying the others until they are fine too they screwed up everything

and with all the bugs they called the PC version "done" "gold" etc a month ago - it clearly isnt
    than again you get a "it runs suprisingly well on current gen" when its hard pressed to reach 15 fps ?
    until now honesty and pro-consumer practice was normal for cdpr now they went the road with lying manipulating the review process etc it would make EA and the other proud "welcome to our club , you finally got it ..."

15. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: You’re into flashing in computer games? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

AMissingLinguist and Scyphoza like this.
  16. Vampire Maiden

Vampire Maiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CD Projekt Red majorly crunches their employees. Honestly, I'm completely alright with waiting another year or even two if the employees won't get overworked. Expecting any major game with that much content to come out with the game in the given time period is bad. We should all buy used copies of Cyberpunk 2077, imo.

Here's an article about CD Projekt Red crunching their employees: https://www.polygon.com/2020/10/7/2...ch-youtube-jason-schreier-labor-the-witcher-3

I watched a stream of the game and the game was kinda cool and the graphics were great (not that the graphics should matter very much).

17. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    If you find a gun you really like you can invest resources and cash into it to make it better. I've done that with the iconic auto-tracking assault Rifle and the Iconic Sniper Rifle. Then I've just got a revolver which I like which has been the best gun I've got somehow for the past 7 levels in DPS probably cause it has rapid fire mode due to it being a power revolver, legendary and having 20 ammo to fire off at assault rifle speeds but the pistol dmg for some reason. Sadly no silencer can be equipped to that beast.

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll only consider playing if there’s a massive unpatched exploit...like the Goodsprings exploit, or the scrap metal exploit. I’m bad...:p:D

imK likes this.
  19. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're actually are a few money making exploits in the game.

20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Also a horrible exploit stacking damage modifiers and crit chances, which are additive, instead of multiplicative. Spiffing Brit found them, so they’re probably already patched.:ROFLMAO:

imK likes this.