Spoiler Death Is The Only Ending For The Villain

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LockedPuppet, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Danigurl

Danigurl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TishaCat likes this.
  2. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the novel ever explains why it's a game setting so unless its explained in the side stories we can only speculate. In the past timelines, Penelope always dies and never reaches it to the end. But Yvonne also never completes her mission fully as I believe Vinter always snaps out of the brainwashing and sacrifices himself to turn back time to give their world another chance. Yvonne never made the connection that Vinter was the wizard who kept foiling her plan until Penelope tells her he's a wizard which is why I believe she says "it comes out like this." It's not that the world necessarily is dependent on Penelope's existence but as she's a descendant of the ancient wizards, she's the only one who is able to defeat the Yvonne. So without her, they have no one powerful enough to defeat her and the world ends because of it.
    I imagined the game setting is to act as a guide for Penelope to help her save this world. As she had no success in previous lives, the game setting is almost like an instruction manual for her on how not to die, gain her powers, and gain others trust which she needs to defeat Yvonne. As to how she reappeared in the game world after being reborn in Korea, maybe it's one of cliches were her soul wasn't stable in the Korea world and she was pulled back to the game world as that's her 'real' world. Honestly I'm just speculating at this point :hmm:

3. Kurooof

Kurooof Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is intense

Herodanish and rock.doll like this.
  4. FortuneS

FortuneS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Th.ay, Danigurl, pli822 and 8 others like this.
  5. InsaneStuffedAnimals

InsaneStuffedAnimals So silly goofy, quirky and different

Reading List:
    Link
    winterqueen101 likes this.
  6. TishaCat

TishaCat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder, was there ever an explanation for why they'd all suddenly drop by 10% just because Yvonne showed up? I mean, I can kinda understand the brothers, but what's it to Callisto or Vinter or Eclipse?

8. Guang_bao21

Guang_bao21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because when Yvonne come back she brainwashed the capture target.

9. yaywww

yaywww Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was never given a formal explanation.
    It’s just one of those unavoidable game events that make life hard for Penelope. Now that it’s her coming of age and the start of Normal Mode, the appearance of Yvonne makes everyone’s interest for Penelope go down.

But we find out the % isn’t an end-all. it’s just a number. For example, Callisto’s percentage went down but his feelings and trust with her don’t change at all. But definitely we see some conflicts/distrust with the other male leads...

10. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was a penalty for failing hard mode. She was meant to capture a target before hard mode ended which was her coming of age ceremony but she failed to do that. After she woke up she entered into 'hidden mode.' Also from a character point of view, it looks bad that they still held her coming of age ceremony despite Yvonne's return and then having not invited her. If Penelope hadn't quickly saved the situation by making it seem they always planned to have Yvonne appear at the reception, the Duke's and Penelope's reputation would have been completely destroyed as it would have seemed like she was the evil daughter trying to hide the happy news of her sister's return to have her own party.

11. yaywww

yaywww Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh I like your idea! I interpreted it as Yvonnes official appearance at her coming of age was the end of Hard mode, and the beginning of Normal mode (both events giving her the penalty because of the transition to Normal mode and her failing to capture anyone). I didn’t think the drop in interest was from trying to hide Yvonne, since all the characters knew about her existence several days prior. In that case her reputation would drop but not necessarily the interest. Poor Penelope lasted probably less than 15 minutes before she died, but at least Secret Mode gives her a chance again :blobsneeze:

12. kay_c33

kay_c33 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is for Chapters 1-36 (ongoing).

Here are the additional chapters that have been translated:
    https://www.wattpad.com/story/226770011-death-is-the-only-ending-for-the-villain - Chapters 35-68 (ongoing)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/228099681-death-is-the-only-ending-for-the-villain - Chapters 59-91 (ongoing)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Opaliaven, sankoi, JoshyM62 and 19 others like this.
  13. Hartelian

Hartelian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its so refreshing to see this kind of couple :blobmelt:. Bless your soul! Thank you so much for the spoiler :aww:

yukihibari, Raela, Kesa098 and 13 others like this.
  14. Daemon Kieran

Daemon Kieran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for work:sushi_thankyou:

manga84 and Trombonerose like this.
  15. clair17

clair17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww I'm melting watching their sincere and heartwarming interaction! Yess all Penelope's struggles, tho some is heart-and-soul-breaking, it's really worth it with Callisto genuine and true feelings for Penelope that he would chose her over the emperor title he has been living for. I think over the course of the system, at least Callisto's percentage bar is only displaying in favor to ease up or in line with the system function but didn't truly reflect on how he feels for Penelope. It's true that his feeling is a slow and steady growth towards Penelope but then again, the up and down number didn't have any effect to that growth as he described to Penelope how he is falling for Penelope slowly. It's really good to see Penelope to get what she deserve, the best that is! ><

Anw thank you once again for the amazing and best spoilers yet! :blobparty::blobbunny:

16. Kurooof

Kurooof Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg this couple is really..... I can’t put it into a word but I love how The prince keep a sword when he visited her room so that he can kill him self if she dies because he can’t live without her
    Thank you very much for posting this Spoiler

pli822, MianneChan and Hypothon like this.
  17. FortuneS

FortuneS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CALLISTO MA BOYY!!!are you callisto or romeo?????

tharrinne, Lisaa, Avery Very and 7 others like this.
  18. the Legendary Frog

the Legendary Frog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno how many times I read this, but I'm still SCREAMING. I think I can die happy now :blobuwu:
    Thank you so much for this amazing spoiler:blobmelt:

pli822 and Kat Rina like this.