LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. milannesta

milannesta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right on Lunar New Year too. Great way to start the year for me. Also, PRAISE BE TO THE PROPHET!

2. Zamzukan

Zamzukan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Two things
    Dragon demigod Ryularyus. Literally has 2 ryu-s in his name, so double dragon. Haha

And Knochen now has magic resistance on top of physical resistence. What is he? A reincarnation or the rolling boulder trap, that nothing can escape from or stop?

3. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ninja release.

5. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gasp, progress.

7. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been bamboozled!

9. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is such a weird design for Isla. She does not look old enough. But I guess the artist has never been very good so maybe he can't draw women who look over about twenty.

spycho357 likes this.
  10. kefrayba

kefrayba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the WN, Isla was also in the form of male mercenary when in mixed company. I believe this was to show off her transformation/illusion skill. I don't know if this was the case in LN or not.

11. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually had the impression that they skipped that detail entirely because all I remember from the chapter is her taking off her helmet.

12. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i might be wrong but didn't she take it off in front of Gordon to prove she wasn't a vampire in the novel and the illusion was that of a handsome ikeman

CountryMage likes this.
  13. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I... don't think so? I remember that she was in disguise as a male mercenary but I don't think Gordon had anything to do with it apart from the need to hide from him. I could be wrong.

I remember her dropping the disguise in front of Riley or Mauvid or both though.

I feel like being nice to the artist today. I like the scene where he just lazily scribbled out body parts from Mikhail's party members to leave it to the reader's imagination exactly what happened.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  14. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder what signs the mortals are getting to let them know that Mother Botin is free, do her temples and statues just look more majestic all of a sudden, or are there just a lot of mad hobos getting arrested for preaching the return of Mother?

16. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Botin's church is pretty widespread so she shouldn't need mad hobos to spread the word. And mortals will probably know because they'll start getting divine protections and also messages saying that Alda is a poopoohead. Which should have interesting social ramifications that I look forward to given that Ricklent and Zuruwarn have kind of played it quiet but Botin has no reason not to loudly announce she's picked sides.

I appreciate that Botin doesn't actually seem to like Van very much. "Genocide is wrong but you're kind of a freak and I wish you'd stop this thing you're doing."

By the way, why is Zantark speaking sensibly? Is it just translation convention since everyone here can apparently understand him?

17. Xrath

Xrath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that Botin doesn't like Van all that much. To me it seemed like she was finding a reason to join his side, while masking it under her honest motherly concern. She only really criticized him for "being in a state of peril" despite acknowledging that there really isn't much he could do about that, then offering her assistance for that very reason

Zantark probably sounded normal because everyone could understand him, it was basically the same when Van became able to understand him.

18. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to laugh if Zantark's change is due to getting clocked by his wife Botin and it knocking something straight in his head. It would definitely fit in with other silliness that we've seen in the story.

19. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're probably right but I prefer to think that at least one good guy finds the murdering cannibal somewhat morally questionable. It doesn't have to be all of them, but just one would be nice.

20. Xrath

Xrath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's fair, but all of the great gods we've met so far have had pretty inhuman morals. Even Alda doesn't seem to have a huge problem with murdering or cannibalism, he only really cares about things that he thinks harm the world. I feel like it wouldn't really make sense for gods who have never been human and don't originate from humans to abide by human morals.