Discussion Death March anime is out!

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by juniorjawz, Jan 11, 2018.

1. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's nothing special so you won't miss much.
    But it is special because of how generically enjoyable it is, to me at least.

2. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    CGI improvement will only happen on BD's :blobsmirk:

Anyway~

Is the 1080p version worth it? :blobthinkingsmirk:

EDIT: NVM 720p is just fine, as for the CGI quality well it's not bad just in average quality range.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished watching episode 1, and I have to say, the animation and artwork was superb! Smooth animation and beautiful artwork! From the looks of it, this anime adaptation follows the light novel or is it the web novel, because if its the latter, then I know what to expect but if its the latter, then I will based on the manga releases. The best part were the minor details shown, like Satou's response towards the situation and how a human would react normally in such an event, of course without knowing they're OP yet (till he confirmed it later after the fight with the lizard-man). The only frustrating part though, was that they forgot to include Dragon God Slayer titles, or maybe it was there in the player log, but in Japanese. Overall, 2018 starts with flying rainbows with Devilman Crybaby, Overlord 2, and this!

juniorjawz likes this.
  5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does everyone or most dislike Satou? Is it, because he won't make a move on his harem, or is it that he won't exploit his OP skills or make use of the situation like other hotheaded protagonists would, because I know a certain hero from a certain empire other might like for his unique taste and circumstances, though same could be said for Satou.

6. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    I too, do not understand why people hate him.

Are they perhaps just simply jumping on the band wagon of hate? or is it because he acts like an adult in most situations :blobsmirk:. Now that you mention it, some hate him because he wouldn't make move on his loli harem.

GabeZhul and juniorjawz like this.
  7. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Y'know, I see a lot of people pick all kind of reasons they can think of even the smallest one to trash this novel. But I don't really care about those people who jump the bandwagon of hate, I like this novel. Personally, I like Satou's personality, a lot of people complain he is a boring generic typical Dense Japanese Male Protagonist, I guess they never bother reading it or other Novel with "typical" JP MC or anything remotely vaguely resembling Manga and Anime, because that couldn't be more further than the truth.

Anyway, the first episode was great. The visual looks good, especially the first scene in the Opening Song. I also like how they incorporate Satou's GUI into the Anime and the Logs. Though I wish those logs is also getting translated as well.

Also, from the OP song, I think the Anime will cover at least the first 2 volume of the LN. So I guess I will not have to worry that a lot of the scene in the LN will be skipped.

neogamer and juniorjawz like this.
  8. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    the things people hate satou for is the same things that we love about him.
    he isn't a dick chasing pussies

LivingCorpse likes this.
  9. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    i love the pacing.
    It's something first timers wont appreciate now, but as the Overlord comparision (that flies around) this 1st ep know what it wants to do and just do it.

DM isn't here to be a promotional anime, its here to BE an anime.

LivingCorpse likes this.
  10. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    But looking at the myanimelist page, there will only be 12 episode... these are 12 episode less to fill my minimum Pochinium and Tamarin nutrients for 2018 and the deficit from 2017.

Since the translation speed dropped because it caught up with the original, I suffer from the lack of necessary Pochinium and Tamarin. It's bad for my health nanodesu.

juniorjawz likes this.
  11. Black_Cat

Black_Cat 『The Cat That Leapt Through Time』

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC irritates me so no thank you

12. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    The web novel intrigued me for about 5 chapters in. When it got to the 6 I just started skipping chapters. Never touched a single chapter in between, but I skipped ahead to read the ending, which just...completely confounded me. Like, seriously, of all endings, that happened. I still don't understand why.

Never touched that...thing...afterwards. Will give this anime a try just for interests' sake, but if it goes headlong into either the WN or LN (forgot if there's one or two), then no, I'm out.

13. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    That's WN for ya!
    Dungeon Defense had 2 WN before it became good.
    Overlord had a WN that when compared was waay inferior to LN.
    Ofc there's Mushoku Tensei. Can't remember which one I read though. (WN or LN)

14. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    No, Konjiki no Moji Tsukai is about conquering an insatiable lust for delicious food. Death March is about continuously increasing a harem he claims he doesn't want (but continues building).

I'm impressed you managed to read the ending, since the novel hasn't been completed yet even in Japan...

Anyway, I don't like Satou because he's a walking wish-granting machine who basically just does what other people want constantly. Except for have sex with them. Even before his waifu appears he's like that, and after she shows up that's just the excuse for him to continue to blowing off increasing numbers of women with better and better reasons for him to agree. But I hated him pretty much as soon as Arisa gets introduced and he starts acting like a slave toward his own slaves, and it just kept getting worse until I dropped it.

juniorjawz and FussyBadger like this.
  15. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I apparently like to torture myself as I've read it all but you summed it up brilliantly. Since he is a walking genie there isn't any tension in any arc that he's involved in. At least smartphone makes its lack of tension unintentionally hilarious

Edit: I'm not complementing either series. This is an important point to me

16. Enchantress

Enchantress Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. juniorjawz

Reading List:
    Link
    Comrades. @Haxagen knows de wae.

He is the only one who has read the ending :blobpopcorn:

Haxagen likes this.
  18. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. That was the unfinished icing on the spoilt cake, which I pushed away immediately. I didn't need to know how the candle was going to turn out.

19. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    You expected an ending from an ongoing story? lol

20. LeechStrayCat

LeechStrayCat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Death March. I also like the MC. I like pretty much everything about it. I also like the anime.