LCD Deep Sea Embers

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Blitz, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Demonlord1413

Demonlord1413 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read to chap 90+. The story is good, but the lack of a male is hard to ignore. And a lot of pov is just the MC and a bunch of female characters. It's kinda giving the harem vipe, and I hate it when such a good plot became ruin due to harem.

2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, the authors past 2 novels weren't harem and this really doesn't give of the same vibe either. Plus the protagonist and almost all the main female characters share more of a uncle/teacher/ guardian relationship.

WinByDying and hypersniper159 like this.
  3. Demonlord1413

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you not read the genre? There's harem in it.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/deep-sea-embers/

4. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked the logs and It was added today, tags can be added by users so yeah. At the current point, it in no way applies so

@ShanaZeren you're caught up with MTL, is it in the current point of the story?

5. Kyleid

Kyleid Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not even a harem imo, i'm currently at ch447 though, he is more like a captain of the ship and everyone arround him act like a crew,
    as for now his crew is a deep sea dog, two teen : Nina and Shirley (do you even considered a teen to be his harem bruh), and a judge from Pland, there is old man too from the church of knowledge/wisdom and currently he is in Frost and not staying in the same place forever if you want to know

Last edited: May 18, 2023
    Blitz likes this.
  6. Blitz

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. figured as much:blobsip:

7. bozakir

bozakir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Morris is male. We can treat Goathead and Dog as males as well, judging by their roles in novel. So you have 3 males and 4 females as crew members.

8. Demonlord1413

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, fine, it's not harem, I misunderstood the plot.

9. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    don't forget Bishop Valentine

10. Anon2.0

Anon2.0 [God of Ice][Faaldara's ][FrostFire Head][Dia]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I wonder what prompted the cultists to go free the dear old captain?

11. ShanaZeren

ShanaZeren Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. They're doing some follow up investigation right now afte the conclusion of the last fight. It's pretty chill again after the intense finale. AND A LOT MORE MYSTERIES (like with Alice :blobowoevil:)

Who had the audacity to add a harem tag? The female Vanished crewmates are composed of: two minors (who Duncan adopted), one inquisitor who is terrified of him, then a cute puppet lady (very child-like), then a death bird who speaks so weirdly (but understable enough).

Male members composed of Goathead, Morris, Dog (Agou).

If you include the other ships in the Vanished fleet, there's Tyrian and Sea Mist undead crew (they're a riot :blobrofl::blobrofl:... They invited sexy dancers once and when Duncan saw, he thought it was Tyrian behind it. Hahaha I felt so embarssed for the guy :blobrofl::blobrofl:) ,
    Capatain Lawrence of the White-Black Oak and his crew (they're new, but they seem a lot more fun now with their dynamics with Sailor aka Anomaly 77, who came alive like Alice. Sailor keeps trying to escpe and tries all possible ways to seal himself because he's scared shitless of the Vanished. The crew keeps stopping him :blobrofl::blobrofl:)

Last edited: May 24, 2023
    WinByDying likes this.
  12. ShanaZeren

ShanaZeren Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GUUUUYSSSSS... I'M NOT SURE YET BUT

I THINK THE GODS HAVE A GROUP CHAT OR SOMETHING
    I'll upate this with the chap tomorrow

Update: They have their own nicknames in the chat except for Bartok :blobxd:. Lord of the Deep seems to be some kind of "cluster" that went of control and keeps copying itself. Then some guy contacted the God of Wisdom and left a dog head "emoji" LMAO

Update: The dog head God of Wisdom saw was Agou :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:. BTW...Agou can take my algebra and geometry homework now. He's so good at it that the God of Wisdom paid attention to him:blobxd:

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  13. ShanaZeren

ShanaZeren Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Tyrian Moment #IForgotToCount

Duncan wanted Tyrian to read a holy book from the Annihilation Cultists

Fanna: "This... Mister Tirian's physical and mental health should also be considered, right?"

Duncan: "Reading more books is better than watching sexy dances," Duncan waved his hand, "and I'll take care of it, so nothing can happen... let's not talk about it."

For context, Duncan once caught Tyrian "watching" beatutiful belly dancers in Chapter 312 (actually it was Tyrian's Sea Mist crew but he got implicated)

14. Demonlord1413

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the deep sea again? I was too focused on the plot that I forgot what the deep se is.

Hey does anyone know where I can read Deep Sea Embers raw?

15. ShanaZeren

ShanaZeren Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can search it up 深海余烬. I recommend 69shu.com

It's in simplified chinese so google translate is smoother. The traditional chinese one is a headache to read.

Demonlord1413 likes this.
  16. ShanaZeren

ShanaZeren Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay. Duncan the Fire Usurper is confirmed to be equivalent to a god. Vanna has entered the tomb again and the Tomb Guardian is even more polite. She asked and he said that she was the messenger of the Fire Usurper (aka Duncan) and not Queen Leviathan (Gamona-Storm Goddess) because all of Gamona's messengers are dead. Then Vanna forgets it when she leaves the tomb.

Another note: Duncan is not the name of the Fire Usurper. So theory, I think Zhou Ming is the Usurper as "Duncan" is just some kind of anchor he has to keep the Vanished from going out of control.

Funny part: Vanna came out smelling like she had just eaten something delish. Which she did HAHAHAHA. The other saints noticed. Bishop Valentine is probs gonna question his life next chapter Ahahahahahah

17. ShanaZeren

ShanaZeren Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The more I read Deep Sea Embers the more I love it:blobxd::blobxd:. My fave parts are the times where they're talking supernatural stuff but the author just manages to insert mundane human stuff and gives a convinving excuse that "yes, the supernatural world can also have similarities with the mundane"
    Examples: I'm gonna keep adding stuff later
    -Official documents are needed for a GHOST SHIP to transfer personnel from the churches
    -Official documents proving the THE CHURCH is backing A GHOST SHIP for exploration and delivery duties
    -A subspace god trying to get the reward money for reporting dangerous people (poor church people wondering what the "code of numbers" meant when it was just actually his account number :blobxd::blobxd:)
    -A "dog" ate the homework of a girl who just so happened to be a Sun fragment.
    -Gods having a group chat lmao
    -Two powerful and badass nearly-immortal siblings that are still terrified of their father like little children (granted, said father is a subspace god afterall)
    -Goddess signing their signature on an official document :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    rhianirory likes this.
  18. ShanaZeren

ShanaZeren Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 470
    It seems even gods can sign official documents HAHAHAHAHHAHA...a blend of the mundane and supernatural

19. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    @ShanaZeren I'm pretty sure there is an option of making a spoiler thread if there isn't one for things ahead of translation

20. ShanaZeren

ShanaZeren Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are four planes: Reality, Spirit world, Deep Sea, and subspace. Humans are in Reality the topmost plane, and can only descend deeper, not upward.
    The Deep Sea (captals) is the third layer, where Dog comes from. There is the "deep sea" which is the literal sea in the Reality plane, that Duncan is currently exploring.

Iruma666 and Double22 like this.