Bugs Deleting a List in Reading List Breaks Other Lists

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Deleted member 174749, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Deleted member 174749

Deleted member 174749 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had this happened to me twice now. The first time, I thought it was because the list I deleted wasn't empty, leading to the novels in that list being moved to a different list... This time, however, the list I deleted was empty, and yet all my lists still broke.

So in the beginning, I had 14 lists. Let's just call them lists 1-14.

I deleted List 11, because I didn't need it anymore. So now there's only lists 1-10 and 12-14. (I won't update their numbers so I can make it easier to explain)

What happened after I deleted List 11 is that the novels from the lists below it (12, 13, 14) and the default reading list (list 1) got mixed up. Novels in list 14 moved to list 13; novels in list 13 moved to list 12, and novels in list 12 moved to list 1. (I figured that's how they're mixed up coz i can still vaguely recall which novels are in which list)

Now my whole reading list is a mess... I HAVE TONS of novels those lists, and now they're all jumbled up together, and it will be very difficult for me to fix them. My lists are named by "priority" or "status" (Reading, On-hold, To-reread, Must-read, etc.), and there's no way I could remember every single novel in each list.

Please, please fix this... In the meantime, can the mod please tell me how I can get my lists back to how they were? Going through every single novel and trying to remember what my status/priority for it is such a pain. Also, maybe include an "export/import" list function? So that we can at least backup our lists before moving things around...

---

Update: Tried to bulk move some novels from one list to another, but after the page reloads to implement the change, nothing happens. But if I move them one by one, it works... this is really too much

Update 2: Okay, turns out the "move novel to different list" problem only happens when I try to move novels from the second-to-last list to the last list... I honestly don't know what else is broken now

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2021
  2. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like an off-by-1 error to me. It probably selects 4 lists to move instead of 3 and due to it cycling back it selects 12,13,14,1. A single rotation and you end up with 13,14,1,12