LCD Demon Girl ~Tale of a Lax Demon~

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yggdrasil, Apr 26, 2016.

1. yaanaohtar

yaanaohtar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    n
    Do show me hundreds of years. Just most American considered Catholic is not Christian and Protestant is Christian. Hey
    "People who speak the Language are wrong, and only my interpretation of language is correct because one person told me so" ? Just because peoples had been using it does not make it right. Also, if you want to quote King James translation as an example, do know that the Greek New Testament use daimonion to describe what King James version translated to devils.
    Unless the world only has peoples like you, others can understand me just fine.
    p/s: daimonion are spirits with higher intelligent than human, both can be benevolent or malevolent.

2. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    —"Just most American considered Catholic is not Christian and Protestant is Christian"
    What are you even trying to say? Point out how Protestants have a dislike for Catholics?

—"Just because peoples had been using it does not make it right."
    In language, yes it does. People used it in the past, and they still use it occasionally today. It may not be the most common thing in the world, but just because you disagree with the way someone speaks doesn't make it law.
    And no, if you decided to speak in Old English, and never changed how you spoke, no one would understand a word coming out of your mouth. If you were an immortal living hundreds of years at a time, you'd be forced to change how you speak, no matter how badly you thought it was mean to call someone "nice" (foolish), and you'd be hard-pressed to convince people you were complimenting them when you called them "silly" (worthy/blessed).

ps. The word "Demon" is said to come from the Ancient Greek word, δαίμων (Daimōn), which was used to describe a spirit or divine power. Gods, basically. The Latin word "genius" means the same thing (a divine spirit), so your definition is just confusing two languages and then interpreting them in English. A "Genius Demon" would literally translate to a "Spirit Spirit". Funny how language works.

3. yaanaohtar

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for proving my point. The example of "Protestant and Catholic" was not about Protestant hating Catholic but the ignorance of people using words wrongly for a period of time result in now people consider it correct. "Right" is still right no matter how much everyone said it "left". And I don't disagree. I pointed out people had been using the word wrongly due to King Jame translated from Greek new testament.

p/s: Daimonion , is Gods, divine, etc.... However, Greek mythology is different, their gods were both benevolent and malevolent. Divine is benevolent.

4. Cabman11

Cabman11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But that has nothing to do with Christianity and its definition. It's just that they're different classifications within this.
    Mazo, mamono, and akuma.
    The mazoku are a "race" of demon-like beings.
    The akuma are the spiritual type of demons.
    And the mamono are the ones that are like "Monsters" and Beast.

English doesn't have a proper term for distinguishing them. So they're all classified as demons or devil.

Personally I would use asmodians for mazoku. ( because that's actually a thing that can be used for them)
    Demon Beast for mamono. And demons / devils for demon/ devils

5. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    So someone in the comments for the chapter page said the kids under Yuru are trying to sabotage or mess things up, but I dunno...i mean 5yo maids sounds terrible..... no coordination, no attention.... but i dunno if they are scared or what but they kind of seem annoying though...

6. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    sigh~ I don't mind language and history discussion cuz they both strongly related each other
    but this kind of topic better put on translator corner so cease it here~

as for latest chapter
    silver princess seem related to suspicious activity let see
    beauty
    weak body
    hold secret party with secret rule
    one member gone
    okay when Yuru meet her I wonder what reaction they have toward each other

Yggdrasil and Shio like this.
  7. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The "definition of words", and the "classification of things" aren't related. Catholics and Protestants agreed on what a Christian was, and both believed they were Christian. Protestants just didn't like classifying Catholics as Christians, because they didn't like/understand them.
    You're arguing that because people didn't understand Tomatoes for wrongly classifying them as Vegetables, that somehow means these people's definitions of a vegetable or fruit is wrong.

In this case however, that's not at all related. Words have meaning, and their usage does change. If you disagree with this idea that language evolves, then you're quite nice. Because language is defined by the people who use.

8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. I think the silver princess might be another demon/devil. No normal human have that kind of charm.

asriu likes this.
  9. yaanaohtar

Reading List:
    Link
    If you had said this nicely, I would not be so upset before. The original translation - not for this novel - had been using Demon for Mazoku for so long even though it is not accurate. And I don't mind devils or devil or demons either, only for this because you had been so rude.

10. yaanaohtar

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh..... What I meant were no matter how many peoples or how long peoples had used the word wrongly the definition or classification would be the same. Just as many people used devils because they use King Jame version of the Bible. It had nothing with language evolves if the translations were wrong in the first place. Just like Mazoku is translated to Demon, Yookai is also translated to Demon

11. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    or you know. She could just be kinda crazy... Like that one queen who killed virgin females to bathe in their blood cuz she believed it'd make her more beautiful/ youthful.... This silver one might just be drinking blood of healthy young girls in hopes of becoming healthy herself since she's so beautiful and weak. ( if she thinks he life is worth more then these random little girls, WHy not kill and eat them to make yourself stronger. After all it is a belief that eating large strong animals would Mae you stronger as well. Like how some cultures thought eating hearts give you strength....or eating animal *ahems* would make em more energetic doing the business in bed / increase chances of bearing children)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  12. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Devils" is wrong because it was used once and then other people started using it? That's how new words are made!
    In fact, you could even say that the fact it was included in the King James version LEGITIMIZES the term "devils"; after all the King James version was published by the Church of England itself, as authorized by the King of England.

So, not only is it used often by writers, it's even been legitimized by the nation that the language originated from.

In the end, we've strayed from my main point; there is no reason to use the same word "demon" for multiple unique entities, and in fact there is ample reason to give each a distinct name. "Devils" was the term I agreed would be best suited for the race of beings that Yuru, the protagonist, is from.
    This wouldn't be an issue if there were only akuma or only mazuko, but with both of them present in the same story to refer to distinctly different things, there's a need to use different names to avoid confusion.

Nimroth likes this.
  13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ( ̄▽ ̄).......... hero appeared*monotone* I want to put tsukomi but lazy~

pocketbear and Poor_Hero like this.
  14. pocketbear

pocketbear !!!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I love how Yuru has the (formerly) bald men behind her now X'D She has started a crazy cult of her own huehuehue

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuru will meet that vampire in question

16. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    she would be a billionaire withe the hair growth power alone

Shio and asriu like this.
  17. Shio

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. It's the power of shiny head!

asriu likes this.
  18. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked her revenge by insect infestation. lol

19. GateOfD

GateOfD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    started reading this.
    really nice.
    probably my favorite depiction of demons i read so far.
    other stories is just really generic vague stuff about darkness and ect.
    but being able to read the actual thoughts of the heroine as she goes in and out of her demon tenancies and regular thoughts makes it feel really potent. Like damn, demons are pretty scary afterall. Especially since right now, imagine a 3-4 year girl that looks like a creepy doll.

pocketbear likes this.
  20. Shio

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow, I remember yuru when watching this video. Especially the first item

asriu likes this.