Recommendations Detective Conan fanfic, antihero

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Lehiye, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Lehiye

Lehiye Flopping Fish At The Market

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for Decetive Conan fanfic NOVELS with a few must criteria:
    1. mc is either evil/ antihero/ neutral leaning to the evil side
    2. mc is not a detective preferebly either a researcher, killer or a thief
    3. no romance, harem, world hopping
    Bonus (Just another type am looking for) : MC has the power of Kid / acts like him ٫ is a phantom thief (not must be in detective conan world) Still cheeky afk just like Kaito
    (Raws are fine as well)

A summary blog list of Conan ff recs I read: here

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    Ash_Kira and MerryMune like this.
  2. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only 2 mangas came to mind, but both ain't fanfic: Hannin no Hanzawa-san & Magic Kaito
    Not so sure: Zero's Tea Time
    Crossover: Lupin 3rd vs Detective Conan (movie)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  3. MerryMune

MerryMune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only fanfic I know that fits that criteria very well is Conan’s Toast Does Not Eat Fine Wine:blobmelt:
    However, there is one fanfic that I still haven't read that probably fits your criteria is Every Day on the Verge of Being Arrested By Detectives. The reason I still haven't read it because I went to read Harry Potter fanfics first after I read A Certain Hogwarts Magician Professor.:blobmelt:

Diagon Alleycat and Lehiye like this.
  4. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup the first is on my reading list as for the sec it is a romance so kinda pass and mc sounds kinda silly not like a criminal at all.

After u done with the prof do try My Classmate at Hogwarts is Voldemort. The tittle is kinda missleading cuz mc is the childhood friend of Tom. It has nothing to do with school life mc left school because of Dumbledore after first year. It's more glum than the others but full of puns~ Definitely my fav HP fanfic!

shunheng and MerryMune like this.
  5. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [柯南]如何成为人气角色 ([Conan] How to Become a Popular Character) - please just read it. Mc is forced to become a member of the organization. Tho don’t get it twisted, he acts how he likes and gives other members a hard time, especially Gin lol. Not comedy btw, more action. No romance nor harem - Transmigration - og mc - Ongoing.
    真酒如何成为警视厅之光 (How Does a Real Wine Become Police Station’s Light) - mc is a real member of the organization who works as a police officer. Everyone thinks he is a really good person. Iirc, it’s comprehensive cause characters of Stray Dogs appeared. But main plot-line is Conan. There is also a touch of bromance. Transmigration - og mc - no romance nor harem - ongoing.

ReaderReader and Lehiye like this.
  6. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    Neither sounds like antihero to me a bit the first is it tho

7. orangethegreatorange

Reading List:
    Link
    The first mc is a bomber in the organization. Tho he isn’t attached to it as he joined it only to survive. I would say he does whatever interests him the most.
    pretty sure he’ll betray the organization cause they tried to brainwash him.
    As for the second mc, I haven’t read far but he is a legitimate spy.

Lehiye likes this.
  8. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    I will give the first a try then it sounds good hehe~

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  9. MerryMune

MerryMune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I trust all your recommendation so definitely:blobmelt:

Lehiye likes this.
  10. orangethegreatorange

Reading List:
    Link
    The first one is my top recommendation tho do what you find fit.

11. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    khm reedit I meant the first one the bomber guy misswrote that one there thehehe blobmelt_thumbs

orangethegreatorange likes this.
  12. ChainEye

ChainEye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally like Conan’s Corpse Picker. It goes the supernatural side.

MC is not evil but he is a bystander.
    Ch 890(status 890 ongoing)ML finds himself transmigrated into Conan. As a let's call it ghost driver. He does not mind the change to much. After all in his profession is not unusual to be killed and than to take over the body of your killer. The original owner identity is a bit troublesome however. His parents were members of the organisation(winery) that died to protect Cherry. As qaulified members of the organisation they raised their son as a tool member. Worried for a long time because he can't capture/train ghost the world changes when Conan arrives. To capture ghost and get rid of their grievances he follows our walking dead god and solves the cases btw. He even went to undercover Bourbon to get a proper Identity. I mean being in the eye of a cop no one will think he is a named member of the winery. It is just somewhere along the way he seems to have mislaid Gin into thinking he likes to entice others into killing.... Anyway since than Gin seems to no longer see him as a complete tool.... Which means he won't easily be killed by his murderous superior. Walking the line between the dead and the living the black and white.... Conan I am really a weak-willed poor genius detective with no strange physique.... Unfortunately you are the god of dead. Me? I at most use my ghosts and their skills to confuse the world ....

Meals consist of murderous intention.

His skills give him an unforgettable memory. Using ghost for spying. Using obsession of some ghost to get some strangely weird abilities. Using ghosts to create avatars.

So he is an detective on the surface a fake killer in the dark but in reality he is a corpse picker

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    Lehiye likes this.
  13. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me so much of My House of Horrors the supernatural stuffs part I mean mcs are going into different genres for sure MHH mc went into the psychopath when action is on type after all haha

14. ChainEye

Reading List:
    Link
    So just because I myself have been more or less desperately been waiting for another Conan fanfic without harem pref in the winery I was so happy to see this on one of my most read sites. Idk if it is good but I am hoping it is!

I'm the Pay Thief at the Winery
    Author: Broken Dan floating sea Published in: 6h27m
    Comedy Fan-Fiction Slice of Life
    Nan Ling, male, is a doctor. This year is the third year that I have traveled to the world of Conan. I…… I finally got out of this building. (cry —————————————— Easy to conan colleagues no heroine cp is the original direction

(I have already read Conan corpse picker (913) up til date twice)

Ch 75 so ML was a not so legit doctor in his original world. He learned the craft in order to interrogate better. Now he is brought up by the winery as an experimental subject that later got coded. But as a shonen mystery work he knows full well that that his organisation riddled with undercovers opposite the protagonist won't survive. So we have bad person pretending to be good person whose real goal is to live. No real cheat no clear memories.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  15. Sayabambang

Sayabambang New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can i read those?

16. orangethegreatorange

Reading List:
    Link
    On jjwxc but you have to mtl them. Just use google translate.

17. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe you must have seen it on mtl novel it was my request finally uploaded~
    One day am gonna fill it up with detective conan fanfics! Will take some time with weekly one request.. only added 3 so far & one request in progress.
    It's hard to gague which one is good as the raw sites have no tags so I only see how are they after either I read it or my request got uploaded to mtl novel and they add proper tags to it. One of the ones I requested had a full out harem seeking absolutely disgusting protagonist.. how i wasted my weekly on that crap! I felt like puking after only 1 ch what a disgusting guy, he should be purged from excistence!

MerryMune and ChainEye like this.
  18. ChainEye

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I have seen it on MTL novel. If I want to read MTL I prefer that site. Personally I don't visit the raw sites so I don't request novels but I would be very happy if you filled the site with non harem Conan or Kidd novels. I must say salary thief although worse than Corpse picker and Toast does not eat fine wine is enjoyable. It respected the main characters and did not tear CP. I really like the way he tried to balance his camp. His interactions with other characters were very enjoyable it just I am not sure what there is just something in the world that made it incomplete. Not been able to put my finger on it.

Thus more Conan....

Lehiye likes this.
  19. Lehiye

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it on raw site if am fanatic enought too but requesting them is great cuz I can make epub out of it. My connection is not always the best so I prefer to read offline whenever I can.

If u haven't read it yet try [柯南]如何成为人气角色 [How to become a popular character] my fav Detective Conan fanfic~ I read it till last update wish there was more...I will request it to be translated when am out of the others after all the ones on my reading lists take priority!

20. ChainEye

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally finished it up till the current update Ch 94

Based on the earlier discussion about this novel and seeing the low amount of Ch combined with the update speed and it being a raw I was actually planning on avoiding this one but it gave me a pleasant suprise. (So in order to make sure others don't avoid it for similar reasons I will add a short review from my point of view)

[柯南]如何成为人气角色 ([Conan] How to Become a Popular Character)
    ML Chinese nationality was once of his countries treasured undercovers. In a mission he sacrificed. Bound to a system he becomes to early Conan plot with an popularity system. In order to not be killed as a passerby character he needs to become a pivotal character in the life of the Conan cast. Watching the manga and reading the comments. He can shape his role and make certain skills of his part of the Ke Xue universe by shaping an image in the eyes of important plot characters. He makes a nearly impossible breath hiding technique, magical bombing technique, dazzling photographer with an compulsive disorder to take all things beautiful and an compulsive disorder that almost makes him step right on time(the world will make up for the slight time difference after his skill was shaped). People cannot be without a past. After meeting Chris W he takes a trip to past. Now he walks a thin line between past an present. He needs to shape his character so he can impress the readers while at the same avoiding pits and death. He takes with him his precious background of the previous world. He is an about to go undercover of the Chinese that got himself "accidentally" recruited by the wrong organisation(winery). He is not a pure person. He understands the gray zone and does not mind killing those whom plunged themselves into darkness.
    On the surface an photographer with a story.
    In the darkness an mechanic type killer whom like to use all type of explosions that can only be called accidents. Hobby annoy Gin by semi flirting and begging to take pictures.
    In reality an undercover that loves his homeland and the light of the innocent that plays a grand theatre for the readers only he can see.

orangethegreatorange and Lehiye like this.