Spoiler Detective conan

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Hell_me, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Hell_me

Hell_me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... I binge reading detective Conan, and man I love how slick Aoyama Sensei keep the tech relevant irl without really aging any characters whatsoever.

Beforehand, I'm sure that perhaps i missed some, but really the example below just the ones that stuck out to me.

XOXOXO XOXOXO XOXOXO XOXOXO

The first I noticed was camera. Until the case where the painting teacher and kappa case, camera with film is the norm. But at the aforementioned case, how that using analog camera is are rare thing. In this case that I began to realize the tech already upgraded, at least the camera into digital one. It's quite big cuz not only I remember at few cases where the culprit using analog camera as their alibi, but at point I last read (Bourbon debut) this is the only times where's any characters mentioned about the change in technology.

The second is the Kogoro impostor on TV zapping Case. I see tv flat screen and smartphone(at least a full screen type phone) already used. I also feel that VCR already rarely used. (Last I remember VCR used to introduce detective Chiba love interest).

Now I'm on part where's after bourbon first debuted. On the next Case after bourbon debuted I see Kogoro old style PC become laptop.

Oh minor case, I think before the zapping case, at the professor agasa rug case that vlog already quite common (how ran mother have vlog that inspired the culprit)

Maybe I'll find more and more examples how the tech smoothly upgraded as I continue to reading, but just not any main characters just aging or the like... conan gang still elementary schooler from my childhood until my adulthood.

Comment anything that you remember if you still reading detective conan how the technology just getting advanced without much comments from any characters....btw professor agasa inventions just doesn't count.

Edit: after bourbon debut the cast more and more using smartphone huh. Even tab....at chapter 809...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  2. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's baffling me is if we count each chapter as one day, then conan should've been in middle school by now...

Miku likes this.