Did you know?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Suton, Sep 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Pierrot

Pierrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I can totally see that happening. Lobbying is no joke here.

The American government is pretty much controlled by big companies and their money. I can't remember which president and which entrepreneur that started this kind of relationship between the US government and US companies. There was a history when the government needed to borrow money, and one of the biggest and richest company lend the much needed aid to the US government. From then on, the government was in the hands of entrepreneurs.

Wait, I think it's Wall-E.

Compared to 100 years ago, we're already like that now, minus the moving armchair. So sad.

lazilygrinningcat and Lurking like this.
  2. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you know about the wannabe silent film star who is a nagging SJW and Flat-Earth mother-in-law who lives in a van down by the river with Seymour, a Chris Walken-sounding and silent film-watching vegan cannibal zombie moose.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  3. LForward1

LForward1 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's the future that we all wanted and which our grandparents were afraid of, isn't it?

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  4. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    His plan sounds good but big companies will try their best out this guy from elections.

Lurking likes this.
  5. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    And our grandparents are still alive and in power and stopping this. (Electoral college)

6. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    not from the USA..but his concern by how AI will takeover the most workload is true and factual, will only become enormous in the future, there are already robot hotel (AI receptionist, etc)
    and i also believe there are ideas in people but without much savings to actually 'start'

i like his idea of giving income to women, especially those with child (children), especially the single mom...nowadays, not many company tolerant enough to have their employee taking care of children (or baby) in the office especially when you are only a staff
    so...many woman, pregnant or having <1 year old baby, choose to resign to take care of the child...and if you think depending on husband's salary is enough, you're so wrong...it was like walking on thin thread...especially when the AI is now in work and planning to become larger...

sure this is like gambling, what if the income falls on wrong hands? but that's life...it is better to have hope in people who wanted to change rather than those who just want to 'relax'

but is there a valid plan for this idea? like how are you gonna make sure those businessman will give the money? if this idea has been in other leaders head since long time ago, so why hasn't it been implemented? so....something must have happen, will today be different from the past? since we all know, History repeats itself

Lurking likes this.