Digimon Reboot: Episode Discussion [Spoilers, duh]

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Gandire Alea, Apr 5, 2020.

?

Do you think one of Kouji Wada’s songs will be played at some point in time??

1. Butterfly

42.9%
  2. Brave Heart

52.4%
  3. There won’t be any of his songs playing...

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure the actual episode will show both! \(^^)/

I'm just looking forward to Omegamon going to battle this early~ :aww::aww::aww:

Gandire Alea likes this.
  2. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fufufu, this episode really builds up the hype for the next episode~
    So, the Omegamon vs Agromon fight was really slow. Well, it makes sense, it was bloody Omegamon. The pacing really showed how nerve wracking of a match it was for both him and us viewers who saw the original, “Our War Game”.

I was also going to say that it looks like Sora got dragged into the digital world, but the next episode preview kinda gives it away. That said, I think I’ve realized something. Characters are going to be introduced/dragged into the digital world/given their partner in the order their digimon digivolved in the original series. Koshiro is an exception due to his importance to the ova, “Our War Game”. That said, there was also a quick glimpse of Tentomon~

Last thing, when Taichi arrived in the digital world, did anyone else feel as though that mountain in the back ground looked like a dragon’s head?? Was it just me?? Okay...
    Anyway, I really like how this digital world is introducing us to digimon of various levels all at once instead of the mostly champion/adult level digimon population of the original series. It takes away the mystery of digivolution a bit, but I think that works out for the better.

Overall, it feels like the quality of the episode made a huge jump in the second half, especially when the digital world was introduced. The battle with Agromon... it played out a bit like the movie...

Finally, the new enemy digimon on Earth is totally Shademon... I wonder if Koshiro’s digimon will be who takes care of it??

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    AliceShiki likes this.
  3. Takeru Takaishi

Takeru Takaishi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The five on earth is Takeru, hikari, mimi, jou and yamato, though?

For quality, yeah. The ones in the real world is just... the faces doesn't suit the tone, and its quality is not that better than the other people around the main cast.

Not to mention too many still frame?

Looking at the camp bus too, when the camp is introduced in bird eye view. It looked like the bus would be animated, with it being so different compared to its background. But it is not. Then, the trees when taichi and koushirou are walking... exact clone of the previous trees. It is just that one tree being repeated again and again...

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I really liked the Omegamon fight! To me it felt like, super tense, and at the same time it felt like Omegamon was just playing around! Like... Argomon was "GAAAAAAAH!" throwing its mega powerful moves, while Omegamon was just like "Yo, chill out mate." It gave a real sense of threat while also showing how OP Omegamon is! I was like... :aww::aww::aww:

I think everyone except Takeru and Hikari went to the digital world actually! Like... When it shows Taichi and Koushirou going, you see 3 lights moving through the digital space (a blue, a teal and another one that I didn't quite get), then another 3 lights appear (Orange, Purple and Pink), so like... I think the first 3 are Yamato + Jyou + Mimi, and the second group of 3 are Taichi + Sora + Koushirou!
    ... I didn't see Tentomon at all though... Rather, I think I didn't even see Koushirou!? >.<

And not only you! I totally saw it too! It felt almost like the mountain was a slumbering gigantic digimon or something!!! :aww::aww::aww:
    And I agree that it's nice to see the digimon of all levels right away, makes it feel more like a dynamic world and stuff~

And uhn... Shademon? I dunno that one! >.<

Overall I really loved this episode, I just wanna see Mimi soon though! >.<

5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    <.<
    I still need to watch the 3rd episode

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Shaia.jpg

7. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not notice those lights were different at first. You might be right to who they belong to. Although, if it’s like that, then it might just be that they will be running around the digital world in two different groups at first before running into each other again. Taichi and Yamato not knowing each other and them being kept separate like this could work out as a way to keep Omegamon from showing up every time they are in danger.

Tentomon is really quick, and just a silhouette at that. He crawls across the screen right when they are being pulled into the digital world. It should be just before those three^2 lights happen.

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it might be their intent to keep them separate for a while! Which is pretty good! Jyou and Yamato make for a really nice pairing and so does Mimi and Jyou! I'm really excited to see how will things go with this trio!

In the same vein, Taichi goes really well with both Koushirou and Sora... I'm a bit sad I can't see some interactions between Mimi and Koushirou at this point in time though... T.T

And oh, no wonder I didn't see him! I was trying to rewatch the next episode preview to find Tentomon! xD
    Saw it now that you said where I should look for it~ :aww:

9. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the feeling there’s going to be a lot of, “they just missed each other,” moments if that is what happens

Also, shademon is a digimon from the xcross wars manga adaptation. I totally recommend reading that manga. It was great~

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, maybe! Or maybe they'll be acting in different fronts! It could be fun like this too!

And I still need to watch appmon, then I may start going through the digimon mangas! >.<

11. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not going to bother with appmon...
    That said, if you haven’t read the manga, save the X-ross war manga for last. It has a lot of call backs to past seasons and manga. I recommend starting with V-tamer

You have a week to read all the manga and catch up, have fun

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a completionist! xD

That said, the 1st episode of appmon was heavily disappointing and made me take a break from my digimon binge... I should try tackling it again though.

And aye, I'm gonna tackle the mangas in order~

13. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga doesn’t really have much of an order to them. Also, if something is so disappointing it makes you stop your bing, wouldn’t that potentially turn you away from digimon??

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the animes don't have much of an order either, so I went through date of publishing! xD

And nah, I love digimon enough... I mean, geez, I went through Digimon World 3, 4 and Data Squad. There is no way appmon can beat that~

15. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of you might already know, but turns out Digimon 2020 is going to start from episode 1 again.

I get the logic behind it, but I am still annoyed.

16. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I don't. They will no longer continue cyber sleuth?

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Alea is talking about the Digimon Adventure Anime. It has nothing to do with Cyber Sleuth.

That said, the next game announced was Survive, not Cyber Sleuth, I dunno if they have any plans for a new Cyber Sleuth instalment.

18. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Im mocking the reboot for being a cyber sleuth wannabe

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    They'll continue the reboot just fine, they'll just re-air the first 3 episodes before that.

So new episodes will probably start airing near June 28th or something.

canaria23 likes this.
  20. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    In deference to the poll~